ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non PBS (Work Permit) Dependant Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mandy123
Newly Registered

Non PBS (Work Permit) Dependant Query

Post by Mandy123 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:12 am

Hi all,

I'm in the UK on a Work Permit and now married for 3months. My husband recently applied for a dependant Visa and was granted only a 6 month Visa valid until Jan 2012. I have two questions and was wondering if anyone has any information or been through a similar situation before:

a) Do you know if I can appeal against the duration of Visa granted as my work permit is valid until Sept 2013?

b) Is he allowed to work on a dependent Visa valid for 6months?

I'm confused as to why he was granted only a 6month dependant Visa. That's a first I've heard as most of my friends's spouses who've come to the UK as dependants have been granted a Visa for a duration as long as the main applicant. I'm struggling to understand what could've gone wrong in our case. Any thoughts?

Thank you very much in advance. Any help is appreciated!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:26 am

Ask them to correct the error.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mandy123
Newly Registered

Post by Mandy123 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:19 am

Thanks for those links Vinny. That is helpful.

I've contacted the UK Border Agency here in London and they confirmed that he can travel and work on a 6month dependant Visa as long as "Employment prohibited" is not written on his Visa. They were very helpful and said that as long as the British embassy in India gives him a written confirmation that it is an error, they can even make the change here in London after he travels.

We have also been trying to contact the British Embassy in New Delhi to confirm if this is an error and to rectify the same. There is no way you can talk to someone directly - It's going through automated messages on the IVR they only give VFS numbers, and VFS have no clue if it can be rectified at all. The IVR message asks you to email them regarding any queries. We've dropped them an email and are hoping we hear back soon.

Do you have any information on any contact numbers of British Embassy in New Delhi where we can talk to someone directly to understand if this is an error at all?

Also has anyone had any experience of getting Visa errors rectified?
- Do you go through VFS or directly to the British embassy for such cases?
- Do they accept their mistake or will it be days of chasing them to eventually get nothing out of it?
- If they have rectified errors for anyone in the past, do you know approx how long do they usually take to send your passport back?
- Finally is it worth going to the British embassy in New Delhi in person? Do they have an enquiry desk or do they entertain people directly or not?

Thanks again for all your help.

Mandy123
Newly Registered

Post by Mandy123 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:52 am

Hi, I'm still looking for information on this? Any help from anyone who has had experience of getting a Visa corrected would be much appreciated.

We've emailed British embassy in New Delhi but haven't heard back from them as yet. Has anyone had any experience of getting a Visa corrected? Please share your views on the process et al?