ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent UK Tier 1 visa for my child born in India (help)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marinfrancis
Newly Registered

Dependent UK Tier 1 visa for my child born in India (help)

Post by marinfrancis » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:14 am

BACK GROUND: I have been staying with my Husband in UK since Dec 2009 on a dependent Tier 1 Visa. He has been staying in UK since 2007 (2 years on HSMP , last 1 year and 6 months on tier 1 extension). I am expecting a child soon, and would like to apply for a dependent Tier 1 UK visa for my child to be born in India. I have come to India since June first week to complete delivery and return back in December first week.

My Queries to the Esteem Moderators and other Helpers in same situation are as follows:
[1] The Maintenance fund that needs to be maintained by my husband, whether it needs to be 533 or [800+533+533]. I have checked the PBS Tier 1 dependent PDF and the points 40-46 on Pg 10 seems very confusing

[2] Processing time and method to apply the visa form

[3] Application fees for the Visa

[4] List of Documents Required

Kindly help us with the dilemma....have read so much on forum but not someone who posted in my situation was of much help

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:38 am

See also Dependant Guidance.

Why did you choose for your child to be born outside the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sreeimmig
Newly Registered

Post by sreeimmig » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:35 pm

I would also like to know about this as I am in a similar situation..Any answer to this would be appreciated.

marinfrancis
Newly Registered

Post by marinfrancis » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:14 am

Thank you for the guidance notes. Still not so clear though about the maintenance amount to be kept in bank account....most of them suggest to keep [800+533+533] to be on a safer side.
Also decision to move to India for delivery was backed on personal reasons.

vinny wrote:See also Dependant Guidance.

Why did you choose for your child to be born outside the UK?