ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:51 am

churchholigan wrote:If you do not mind I asked, did they send you the approval letter and than phoned you or they just phoned you and ask to attend ceremony??
I also got a phone call last week to attend the 28th. They first sent out a approval letter, then I submitted all requested stuff (payment, GNIB cards and photos), and they replied with acknowledgement. I got a call Friday from a lady asking me for my availability and said a letter with details (venue and time) will be in the post this week.

monty16220
Newly Registered

Post by monty16220 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi All

Applied in January'09. LTR in January'10 and citizenship letter on 08th July'11 and sent all documents oon 08th July'09 with the draft. I have still not received the phone call although I did get an acknowledgement from the citizenship section last Wednesday 13th July'11.

Should I panic as I have still not received the phone call for the 28th July. Please advise.

Thanks

Monty

dory
Newly Registered

Post by dory » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:05 pm

monty16220 wrote:Hi All

Applied in January'09. LTR in January'10 and citizenship letter on 08th July'11 and sent all documents oon 08th July'09 with the draft. I have still not received the phone call although I did get an acknowledgement from the citizenship section last Wednesday 13th July'11.

Should I panic as I have still not received the phone call for the 28th July. Please advise.

Thanks

Monty
Hi Monty,

I also sent them everything on the 8th of July. I didn't get any acknowledgment letter or call yet. Im thinking to call them!

Dory.

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 pm

monty16220 wrote:Should I panic as I have still not received the phone call for the 28th July. Please advise.
Well, I suppose it could be due to a number of reason. I can't actually remember if I specified a contact number on my application, so I did wonder how they would contact me. I did, with subsequent correspondence, supply my contact number so I am not sure if they used that or the number they had for me on the GNIB system. Did you change your numbers recently? Also, I don't think they would leave a message if you are unreachable otherwise they'll be flooded with phone calls (the number came up as BLOCKED on my cell).

On the other hand, I suppose they have a set amount of seats for each ceremony (which I think is done monthly if I am not mistaken) and once they are filled they would probably move people to the next ceremony. Not 100% sure about this but just my guess.

Hang in there - I am sure they will contact you shortly.
Last edited by MidnightHawk on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:12 pm

dory wrote:I also sent them everything on the 8th of July. I didn't get any acknowledgment letter or call yet. Im thinking to call them!
There is probably no harm in calling them to verify whether they did receive your payment/GNIB card/photos. How did you send it? If by registered post, you should be able to track it on AnPost's website to ensure it was delivered OK - especially because there is a bank draft with a large amount included.

I suppose then you could also query about the ceremony :)

All the best.

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:47 pm

I also sent them documents and fees on 8th, got called this afternoon inviting to ceremony for 28th july, so hang on guys they are still contacting peoples for 28th.
Good luck!

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:41 pm

churchholigan wrote:
still waiting wrote:Hi Guys,
Today morning i got a phone call from Doj to attend 28 july ceremony aswell.
c u then, only date is fixed they will write me for scheduled venue.
good luck
Hi

If you do not mind I asked, did they send you the approval letter and than phoned you or they just phoned you and ask to attend ceremony??

Thank you.
Hi churchholigan,
first i got letter on 06/07/11 to pay fees, gnib card and two photos to Doj and in the letter it was mentioned that when i will send all these doc. i will be confirmed for the ceremony.
on 07/07/11 i send postal order to Doj 08/07/11 it was received by Doj accoring to anpost. on 13/07/11 i got phone call to confirm ceremony on 28th july. today i received confirmation letter to attend ceremony on 28th july at 9.30 a.m.
i jst want to say to Monty 16220, Dory, and others who are waiting for phone calls dont worry atall coz u have got acknowledgment that ur fees and other doc are being received by Doj, as far as i think they must have organised a batch of 50 or 100 people at one time to take oath and get ready with their cert. of naturalisation, when they will finish with these people they will start calling
the next batch so not to create any confusion of mix up of different names and different people or different or certificate of naturalisation at the time of ceremony coz all this process is not done by one person. so dont worry your turn will be in the next ceremony.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:18 pm

still waiting wrote:
churchholigan wrote:
still waiting wrote:Hi Guys,
Today morning i got a phone call from Doj to attend 28 july ceremony aswell.
c u then, only date is fixed they will write me for scheduled venue.
good luck
Hi

If you do not mind I asked, did they send you the approval letter and than phoned you or they just phoned you and ask to attend ceremony??

Thank you.
Hi churchholigan,
first i got letter on 06/07/11 to pay fees, gnib card and two photos to Doj and in the letter it was mentioned that when i will send all these doc. i will be confirmed for the ceremony.
on 07/07/11 i send postal order to Doj 08/07/11 it was received by Doj accoring to anpost. on 13/07/11 i got phone call to confirm ceremony on 28th july. today i received confirmation letter to attend ceremony on 28th july at 9.30 a.m.
i jst want to say to Monty 16220, Dory, and others who are waiting for phone calls dont worry atall coz u have got acknowledgment that ur fees and other doc are being received by Doj, as far as i think they must have organised a batch of 50 or 100 people at one time to take oath and get ready with their cert. of naturalisation, when they will finish with these people they will start calling
the next batch so not to create any confusion of mix up of different names and different people or different or certificate of naturalisation at the time of ceremony coz all this process is not done by one person. so dont worry your turn will be in the next ceremony.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL
hey stillwaiting, congrats again.

I didn't get any phone calls. But got an invitation letter to attend the ceremony on 29th july. Looks like they are doing couple of cc's this month.

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Congrats Aceform,
i was expecting that we will meet on ceremony day, but not this time may be some other time.
with best wishes 8)

vs
Newly Registered

Post by vs » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Aceform wrote: I didn't get any phone calls. But got an invitation letter to attend the ceremony on 29th july. Looks like they are doing couple of cc's this month.
Hey Aceform, congratulations!

When did you send your documents and the 950 fee? I sent mine 13/07, DoJ received it on 14/07. Am wondering if I'll be in the July batch as well :D
Have my fingers crossed!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 pm

still waiting wrote:Congrats Aceform,
i was expecting that we will meet on ceremony day, but not this time may be some other time.
with best wishes 8)
Cheers mate.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 pm

vs wrote:
Aceform wrote: I didn't get any phone calls. But got an invitation letter to attend the ceremony on 29th july. Looks like they are doing couple of cc's this month.
Hey Aceform, congratulations!

When did you send your documents and the 950 fee? I sent mine 13/07, DoJ received it on 14/07. Am wondering if I'll be in the July batch as well :D
Have my fingers crossed!
Cheers mate. Sent it on 7th July.

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

Post by Sohanjanvi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:49 am

Hi Guys, I was asked B Cert and some other documents, which I posted on 1 July 2011 and received my acknowledgment on 7 July. How long they are taking to decide after this. Any idea?

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am

Lost Soul wrote:"So am not given you smart advise, it's the system that smart you out and fall over, sleep walking"

What the hell does this mean?
:lol: Laughing in Hindi
Its never too late

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:26 am

ostrich wrote:
Lost Soul wrote:"So am not given you smart advise, it's the system that smart you out and fall over, sleep walking"

What the hell does this mean?
:lol: Laughing in Hindi
Why can you people keep that your Hindi in your house ?

When you get kicked by worshipers of real God You get agitated don't you ?

:twisted:
Reality and Proof can make a case in accordance with the fix rule custom and principle.

aya101

Post by aya101 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am

i called today to ask for the decision on an application of august 2009 and I was told again to wait for a reply in the coming week..i havent been asked anything regarding the application since applying for citizenship 2years ago

realhope

Post by realhope » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:33 pm

aya101 wrote:i called today to ask for the decision on an application of august 2009 and I was told again to wait for a reply in the coming week..i havent been asked anything regarding the application since applying for citizenship 2years ago
hi aya101
thats great news... i hope your approval will come in soon....can you tell us your application is based on 5years residency/work permit? do you have long term residency?
many thanks
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

dory
Newly Registered

Post by dory » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:47 pm

Eventually got my call!
Taking my oath on the 29th!
Yay! :)

IRLIN
Newly Registered

Post by IRLIN » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 am

Congrats! dory .

aim
Newly Registered

DD, GARDA & photos sent, no acknowledgement

Post by aim » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi there,

I had sent my dd for 950, Garda and photos on 13th July. Delivered on 14th July as per AnPost. I have proof delivery from AnPost. Called INIS on 18th, said no update and not yet status updated. I haven't got acknowledgement yet. Asked about whether any chance of myself getting CON on July 28th. Said No. What to do? Anybody in similar situation?

Thanks a lot.

AIM

ihk
Newly Registered

New processing times

Post by ihk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:26 pm

The doj site has been updated today saying average time from application to decision is 26 months, gone up from 23 months,
Are we back to square one?

zzz

Re: DD, GARDA & photos sent, no acknowledgement

Post by zzz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:36 pm

aim wrote:
I had sent my dd for 950, Garda and photos on 13th July.... Anybody in similar situation?
yep, in the same boat - they said "we got a backlog of _approved_ applications" .
laugh&cry

aya101

Post by aya101 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:50 pm

realhope wrote:
aya101 wrote:i called today to ask for the decision on an application of august 2009 and I was told again to wait for a reply in the coming week..i havent been asked anything regarding the application since applying for citizenship 2years ago
hi aya101
thats great news... i hope your approval will come in soon....can you tell us your application is based on 5years residency/work permit? do you have long term residency?
many thanks
well they said this in May when I called and they said the same thing my timeline
applied in 2009.....living in ireland for 9 years back then and applied with refugee statues and I dont work

flatpack

Re: DD, GARDA & photos sent, no acknowledgement

Post by flatpack » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:36 am

now Minister of Justice have to deal with another backlog nice,
zzz wrote:
aim wrote:
I had sent my dd for 950, Garda and photos on 13th July.... Anybody in similar situation?
yep, in the same boat - they said "we got a backlog of _approved_ applications" .
laugh&cry

zzz

Post by zzz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:30 am

horay ! just got a call from INIS - 29July it is :)
(formal invitation to follow)

payment submitted on 11/07.