ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:17 pm

@ Wassup.. I did not list any form of contact or numbers in my sponsor letter.. could that be an issue.. I'm soo nervous.. although it is early days for me.

Thanks
Allah is the greatest!

cheese
Newly Registered

Post by cheese » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:20 pm

How long does the visa process take, and once accepted how long do you have to come over? Is there a time limit?

My wife cannot come over till February. Should I submit the application now?

Thanks

cheese
Newly Registered

Post by cheese » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:33 pm

cheese wrote:How long does the visa process take, and once accepted how long do you have to come over? Is there a time limit?

Thanks
Also is there any forms I need to fill in? or do I just need to send the supporting documents to my wife to submit with her application ( I have been reading Sajid's post on the first page of this thread on what to submit.

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:34 pm

@akaamir and @okara87:

@akaamir: I have not lost my hope, Inshallah something better will come up, all i want is this wait should end now.
@Okara87: Do not lose hope. They only look for even a tiny reason to make excuse of refusing and sometime they ignore even visible mistakes. It really depends upon the individual circumstances and ALLAH is the best decider.

akaamir wrote:
okara87 wrote:@ akaamir- my case is looking more hopeless ( i didnt even submit skype/vectone phone records- justmobilerecords)

0kara87 Dont worry might it wont happen with you,i have send them 150 pages they even didnt bother to look at them i have highlighted my husband phone number,skype we made call loads of them till midnight all record they had they just been lazy to go through all paper work .
I wish you AND Everyday 4 u best of luck dont lose hope inshallah you will hear good new.

My causin is dealing with my case and he advised me that he is going to try to get court date where we can easliy justify our point and get good result i just realy hope that procces doesnt take long.Missing my hubby lol

wassap

Post by wassap » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:@ Wassup.. I did not list any form of contact or numbers in my sponsor letter.. could that be an issue.. I'm soo nervous.. although it is early days for me.

Thanks
Thats just what I did.

Aslong as you can see in your documents that calls were made to your partners number on a regular basis then its ok.

Dont despair, its all a bit hit and miss, I know someone who got a visa last year, with next to no contact.

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 pm

@ss27: I read in your one of post that you have submitted GT mobile call history. I would like to know that how we can get call history from GT as my spouse called to GT customer service but they said, they do not issue anything like that. I might need it later on so want to know if you could help me how to get call history of GT mobile. Thanks.
ss27 wrote:
nazema wrote:SS27

You need to mention the LHR Reference, which should be LHE/DATE OF SUBMISSION/6 NUMBERS/ 1 NUMBER
i.e. LHE/250511/085645/1

thanks a lot

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:32 pm

WOW!!!!! So many questions! :D

Okies guys lets see if I can help....

ss27, the amount is good - do not worry. My dad's nephew only had a few hundreds and his wife was granted visa so ur position is better. 6 months bank statement and 4 months payslip is fine. P60 <<<<< Way 2 go! :D Nice one. You'll be more than fine :)

akaamir, not sure if court date is good idea - you're looking at more than 5 or 6 months of waiting. Because the ECO's refusal is so weak, you CAN have the decision overturned within first 3 months. For this to be possible have the appeal lodged instead of going through some long procedure.

Exquisit33, phonecards? no way, maybe just maybe u can get away with that but it is nowhere near considered as a 'solid' proof of contact. With these ECO's what you need is a solid proof. Skype call logs, mobile call logs, landline call logs <<<<<< these are considered solid proof. Top up vouchers and phonecards do not prove that you were talking to ur husband. It's the call logs that prove who you were talking to, for how long and on what date(s). I would never recommend phonecards and or top up vouchers at all. An application without either or both of them and just skype call logs and landline or mobile call logs will have a higher probability of succeeding because ECO can "see" the 'number' of the person whom you are calling or in Skype's case username - skype is a bit tricky if u wanna get it right, it's not straight forward.

Mirza007, what information does the cover sheet show? It depends but ideally yes they would want to see your inflow and outflow and to see if it reflects the amount shown on payslips. If you feel the information on cover sheet will help then by all means give that too.

cheese, visa process can take up to 12 weeks but lately they are taking a week or 2 more (i.e. 13 or 14 weeks). Once granted the visa then you have 3 months in which you MUST come to the UK else you could face certain dilemma's like an annoying interogation sort of questions session at the airport as to why u didn't come within 3 months and furthermore u'll need to apply for Further Leave to Remain to make up for 24 months. So visa duration is 27 months (24 + 3).
I'd suggest applying sometime in November then if ur wife can't come over till February. That'll give you ample amount of time.

She would need to fill in the form as the applicant, you can just help her out or one good idea is that you can print off certain pages of the application which are relevant to your details (i.e. sponsor details) and then send them off to her so that it is easier for her to fill in your details on the form. You do need to submit supporting documents. If you compile a list of what u will submit then we can guide you on that. As you will be better off submitting around November, I'd only suggest you can pick up as much knowledge as possible so that u r well prepared at the time. Changes do take place so do keep updated as to what new requirements they may throw later on in the year.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

Mirza007
Newly Registered

Post by Mirza007 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Thank you Shadow86...as usual! :wink:

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:01 pm

Exquisit33, phonecards? no way, maybe just maybe u can get away with that but it is nowhere near considered as a 'solid' proof of contact. With these ECO's what you need is a solid proof. Skype call logs, mobile call logs, landline call logs <<<<<< these are considered solid proof. Top up vouchers and phonecards do not prove that you were talking to ur husband. It's the call logs that prove who you were talking to, for how long and on what date(s). I would never recommend phonecards and or top up vouchers at all. An application without either or both of them and just skype call logs and landline or mobile call logs will have a higher probability of succeeding because ECO can "see" the 'number' of the person whom you are calling or in Skype's case username - skype is a bit tricky if u wanna get it right, it's not straight forward.

Thanks
Last edited by Exquisit33 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allah is the greatest!

FaithHill

Re: hey hey hey good news

Post by FaithHill » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:10 pm

amson90 wrote:salaams all
YES my husband got the visa........ yyyyyyyaaaaaaayyyyyyy. it was stamped on the 7th july. thanks for all duas . may allah grant you all visas. good start to may mashallah. i will make dua for you all.
10 weeks allhumdulillah.
allah hafiz
waooooooo Congrats amson !!!!! Woohoo

adamkhanuk
Newly Registered

Post by adamkhanuk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:

Is there anyone else that has ONLY submitted phonecards???
I know a lot changes in immigration but back in 2006 I submitted about 20+ Talk Home phone cards and nothing else to prove contact and together with complete docs (letter of employment, wageslips, bank statements, house ownership land registry, nikka nama, wedding photos). My cousin did the same in December last year and we got the visa for our partners.

Also I doubt BT would provide you details of incoming calls. Most telecom companies including mobile companies can normally provide details of the last number that called you and that is only to the police. I know due to some lunatic who resorted to threats on my company mobile.

Good luck. All the best
Last edited by adamkhanuk on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:23 pm

My cousin did the same in December last year and we got the visa for our partners.
@ Adamkhanuk.. although yours was in 2006 your cousin's one was Dec 2010 right? Ok that gives me some hope.

Inshallah all please make dua for me.. the rest of my paperwork was fully complete Alhumdhulila.
Allah is the greatest!

amson90
Newly Registered

salaams

Post by amson90 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:39 pm

@akaamir just wanted to know are you from chakswari by any chance . my hubby met a guy from there who got rejected just wanted to know if by any chance it was ur hubby. dony worry inshallah u will get it quick. remember Allah swt test those he loves most. i will make dua for u all in shallah

adamkhanuk
Newly Registered

Post by adamkhanuk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi Guys, finally some movement, my cousins overturned decision is now "processing". roughly how long is this taking at the mo and once it goes to "return to vac" how long is that taking at the mo (application centre is Islamabad)

Missy_22

Post by Missy_22 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Exquisit33 - as proof of contact i submitted loads of phone cards and a plain ticket, and it was sucessful.

good luck x

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Those of you talking about phonecards, maybe you were married longer than Exquisit? They also look at how long you been married for too. If I recall, Exquisit applied very soon after marriage, right? So that itself may warrant some unwelcomed decision.

Nonetheless, we've seen how stupid the reasons can be so my aim is not to frighten you Exquisit. I can only hope that Allah makes it easy process for all but there are certain few (myself included) who have to go through the long route.

If anything, at least if ur other documents are rock solid then that should give you some levarage and hopefully allow the ECO to forgive the useless-ness of a calling card as proof of contact and thus grant u entry :).

Anyways as they say, what's done is done, just hope for the best. I'll be damned if I make any member spend their 3 months with paranoia, it ain't going down that way eh eh. So where I may have shed some light on useful information I have also provided some scope of hope so please don't get too worried.

adamkhanuk, by processing I assume he has the under process at BHC status? Ok so give it just over a week and it should turn to processed application returned to AC status in the 2nd week. Have a look at the spreadsheet in Appeals tab for the dates for process and AC status, as well as ready status. (Link to spreadsheet in my sig).

nazema

Post by nazema » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi Shadow,

Just a quick question, do you know how long it takes to recieve application back at VAC from Islamabad?

My husband has submitted our application on 25th May at Mirpur and on Monday 18th I received an email stating my application has been processed and will be returned to VAC (Gerry's). So do we have any idea how long this will take?

I know Okara and Everyday is also waiting.

shadhk

Post by shadhk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:37 am

Exquisit33 wrote:

@ Shadow86 I only have 1 month of proof of contact to show as with me as soon as I got back to UK I submitted the application a whole month later.. do u think BT will give me a breakdown of incoming calls???? As my husband calls me on my landline number.. I don't really use my mobile much to call or receive calls from Pakistan..????

Is there anyone else that has ONLY submitted phonecards???
The Virgin Media do provide full details of out going and incoming calls, BT should do the same because its every telecom company duty to keep and provide this data to the registered owner of telephone line and law enforcement agencies.

Btw 3 mobile send me complete in-out calls data with monthly bill statements.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:27 am

nazema wrote:Hi Shadow,

Just a quick question, do you know how long it takes to recieve application back at VAC from Islamabad?

My husband has submitted our application on 25th May at Mirpur and on Monday 18th I received an email stating my application has been processed and will be returned to VAC (Gerry's). So do we have any idea how long this will take?
Wow, your 12 weeks is up on 17th Aug and already a decision has been made, niceeeee. Well you see it's quite hard to tell for applications because it's not easy to tell how long it takes. They usually waste 2 weeks in getting it back to applicant so I'd place my bet on first week of August as your ready status. So with that said it may seem as though your overall duration would be inshallah around 10 weeks, which is very good!

Consider this week as gone, no way will you receive your application back this week. Next week they will do their finalisation stuff and waste some more days in the process and then perhaps next week Friday you might hear something? If not then, then like I said first week of August inshallah :).

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:52 am

Shadow86 and Nazema::: I got reply on 14th July about my application has processed and shortly Application centre (Gerry's) will contact me. Today is 20th July, so for no contact is made. I was expecting news by this friday but i think next week is going to be my week when decision will be known to me. Isn't it Shadow 86??? I am desperate now to see the outcome whatever it is as 3 months have passed away already and currently i am in my 14th week.

Shadow86 wrote:
nazema wrote:Hi Shadow,

Wow, your 12 weeks is up on 17th Aug and already a decision has been made, niceeeee. Well you see it's quite hard to tell for applications because it's not easy to tell how long it takes. They usually waste 2 weeks in getting it back to applicant so I'd place my bet on first week of August as your ready status. So with that said it may seem as though your overall duration would be inshallah around 10 weeks, which is very good!

Consider this week as gone, no way will you receive your application back this week. Next week they will do their finalisation stuff and waste some more days in the process and then perhaps next week Friday you might hear something? If not then, then like I said first week of August inshallah :).

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:41 am

what exactly yours status says..if it is ready for collection then no need to wait..simply go there with receipt and id card and collect yours documents..

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:41 am

hey guys, anyone had any updates this morning?? i just checked and it still same, last time it changed in the afternoon so will check later on
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

rajaj333

Post by rajaj333 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:25 am

dilseabbassi wrote:hey guys, anyone had any updates this morning?? i just checked and it still same, last time it changed in the afternoon so will check later on
mines still same
Visa application is under process at british high commission 07/14/2011
Returned tO Ac 07/21/2011
ready for collection 25/07/11
granted :P

ss27

Post by ss27 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:25 am

cheese wrote:
cheese wrote:How long does the visa process take, and once accepted how long do you have to come over? Is there a time limit?

Thanks
Also is there any forms I need to fill in? or do I just need to send the supporting documents to my wife to submit with her application ( I have been reading Sajid's post on the first page of this thread on what to submit.
hI

There is no need to fill any form

i have submitted

Application form (VAF4
Tb Test
A1 Certificate + Plus all the educational Cert
Nikkah Nama(Urdu , English )attested
My passport copy along with orignal Birth Certificate
6months Bank statement
4months Payslips
Company letter on letter headed stating lenght of job and salary
last 3 years P60
Letter from father authorising me i can stay with my wife as long as i can
letter from Local council about the propert will not be overcrowded
title registry (get from the internet
fuel bills, council tax bill +BT
Last 3months GT mobile call history + card +3 mobile bill highlighting wife number
wedding card +wedding Pics

hope fully this will be useful for you

best of luck mate

mine status has changed today Application ForwaRD TO bhC

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:27 am

@ Shadow86
Okies guys lets see if I can help....

akaamir, not sure if court date is good idea - you're looking at more than 5 or 6 months of waiting. Because the ECO's refusal is so weak, you CAN have the decision overturned within first 3 months. For this to be possible have the appeal lodged instead of going through some long procedure.
shadow what do you think what is best way to appeal,well we lodged it Now just have to wait for date,how long it take to get date.
ANd one more thing my husband mobile number is changed do we need to put that in appeal.what is procces of this appeal im so frustrated.
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..