ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving without insurance and ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mihird
Newly Registered

Post by mihird » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks York, i applied through a consultant. I am not aware if they asked anything to the consultant..but since all the paperwork was there i assume they were happy with it.

York123

Post by York123 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 am

@mihird
Thank u soo much for info. Below is my case, could you pease advise me whether I can go by Direct appointment intead of Solicitor.
You said u went by Consultant, do u mean solicitor??
How much did he charge for that??

My Case: I'm elgible to apply for ILR in May 2011.
I'm having 6 points on my Driving Licence & paid 200 pounds fine.
I was charged for driving without Insurance, actually i was on my International driving licence & was paying insurance for that. But my Licence got expired just 1 month before i was caught, but i was not aware of it.
The case went to the court & i was asked to come to court & i was given 6 points & 200 fine. This happend in August 2007.

Now my question is, can i still apply for ILR. For applying for citizenship, it clearly mentioned we need to wait till the conviction is spent. They said we need to wait for 5 years to get it cleared.
But they have not mentioned anything about ILR. Does this apply for ILR as well?

You said in your case it is insurance company's fault. So do u advice me to go through Solicitor???
Please advice... You are the only person i could find with similar case...
I meet all other creteria to get ILR, this is the only problem for me...

York123

Post by York123 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:05 am

@mihird
What paperwork did u submit to support that it is not your intention to do the offence??

mihird
Newly Registered

Post by mihird » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:30 am

York -

I am quite sure you are eligible to apply for ILR, i went through a immigration consultant. Because our office had used the same consultant to get my work permit when i first came into UK 5 yrs ago. They charged £ 700. I could have gone by my own too, but i thought its not worth the risk.

My case was - the insurance policy was for 9 months, but the cover letter on the policy said it was 12 months. So in my mind i thought it was valid but the police pulled me up one day and told as per their records i dont have any insurance, which was eventually true because the 9 months had passed at that time. So i complained to the Insurance Co, and also to FOS about this, and though they considered they case and admitted it was the Insurance company's Administrative fault that led me to believe the policy was for 12 months, i still should have checked the details carefully. So i submitted all this correspondence along with the application to clearly show it was not my intention to drive without insurance.

York123

Post by York123 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:56 pm

@mihird
Thank you so much for everything..
When I called home office & explained about my case they said they cant say anything & advised me to send the application through post as it is not direct case.
But I'm not interested to send through post as it takes ages. I want to go through Direct appointment..
But now after reading your case, even I decided go go through solicitor..
Once again thanks for your advice & info..

friend110
Newly Registered

Please Help

Post by friend110 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:14 am

My ILR Application will be due on Nov 11,
I got 6 Points for Driving a Non Insurance Car Plus I also had 3 points for Over Speeding altogether 9 Points, Can Any one help me

Thanks

blay1

Re: Please Help

Post by blay1 » Sun May 29, 2011 10:20 am

friend110 wrote:My ILR Application will be due on Nov 11,
I got 6 Points for Driving a Non Insurance Car Plus I also had 3 points for Over Speeding altogether 9 Points, Can Any one help me

Thanks
Did you go to court for the fine and points, and when did this happen?

friend110
Newly Registered

Re: Please Help

Post by friend110 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:03 pm

blay1 wrote:
friend110 wrote:My ILR Application will be due on Nov 11,

Thanks
Did you go to court for the fine and points, and when did this happen?

Thank for Reply

Yes I received a letter from the county court only for overspeeding case and I fill the form and accept guilty at that time. They Fined £150 and endorsed 3 Penalty points. The reason why they bring me to the court, because I was moved on to the new address and they were try to approch me on my old address finally they find my new address and prepare a case against me.

This all happen on last Year, May 2010.

thilchan
Newly Registered

hi Director

Post by thilchan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:51 pm

just want to find out .did you get your ilr approved.i have a similar case and so nervous.please reply.
many thanks

mihird
Newly Registered

Post by mihird » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:34 am

Hi,

yes i had got my ILR without any problem, though i had applied through a consultant to avoid any risk.

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:40 pm

This is for the creator of this post..@ Director: what happened with ur ILR? can you please share ur experience as I have a similar situation here..thanks

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:22 pm

No new news on this topic...

Experts please shed some light on this as if theres any1 recently who was granted ILR with traffic offence such as NO insurance.. I am contiuing here as I do not want to start a new topic with same issue about ILR...
As for me I have 1. driving without insurance. 2. speeding points (in court) which ultimately contributed to 12 points in 1 year and 6 mnths ban...I am eligible for 10 yrs ilr..my tier-1 expires july 2012 i can extend another 2 yrs..

confusion..confusion..."Reality continues to ruin my life."