ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Producer of Schgenen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yasser::Norske

Producer of Schgenen Visa

Post by Yasser::Norske » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:59 pm

Hello! I finally got my Schengen Visa and I got some questions to ask to experts. 1ST: I got the visa from the Finnish Embassy, I will be traveling to Helsinki and I have transit in Athens, would I get the entry stamp to Schengen area from Greece even if I will not leave the airport - I have 6 hours transit and I will then fly to Helsinki?

2ND; If I didn't travel on the first valid day of the visa, there will be any problem? (I will travel after few days from the first date of visa)

It is written that the visa is 'MULT' does this mean I will be able to leave the Schengen area and come back without need to apply for new one?

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Producer of Schgenen Visa

Post by ca.funke » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi Yasser::Norske :!:
Yasser::Norske wrote:Hello! I finally got my Schengen Visa and I got some questions to ask to experts.
congratulations on the visa!
Yasser::Norske wrote:1ST: I got the visa from the Finnish Embassy, I will be traveling to Helsinki and I have transit in Athens, would I get the entry stamp to Schengen area from Greece even if I will not leave the airport - I have 6 hours transit and I will then fly to Helsinki?
entry stamp from Greece, correct
Yasser::Norske wrote:2ND; If I didn't travel on the first valid day of the visa, there will be any problem? (I will travel after few days from the first date of visa)
no problem
Yasser::Norske wrote:It is written that the visa is 'MULT' does this mean I will be able to leave the Schengen area and come back without need to apply for new one?
correct again, within the limits of the timeframe of the visa, see >>here<<, you can enter as many times as you want.

Enjoy Finland!

Post by Yasser::Norske » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:29 am

entry stamp from Greece, correct
I will NOT get out from the airport at all. I will be staying on the chairs. If I must get entry from Greece, would I also get entry stamp in Finland?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:18 am

No, you get entry stamp from the first place you enter Schengen. On the flight from Greece to Finland there will usually be no passport checks.

When you travel, be sure to carry your marriage certificate. It will hopefully never be needed, but is very useful if it is...

Have you lost any money because you were not able to take your original flight?

Post by Yasser::Norske » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:11 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:No, you get entry stamp from the first place you enter Schengen. On the flight from Greece to Finland there will usually be no passport checks.

When you travel, be sure to carry your marriage certificate. It will hopefully never be needed, but is very useful if it is...

Have you lost any money because you were not able to take your original flight?
Thank you very much for your helpful answer! Of course, I will be carrying the Marriage Certificate all the time. I only thought it is obligatory to get the entry stamp from the country which have produced the visa and also not to have a problem when I apply for the residence permit in Finland. Yes I have lost money of the scheduled flight, but I don't think that embassy will refund me of this :D