ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence Concession Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angelus
Newly Registered

Long Residence Concession Question

Post by angelus » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:02 am

Dear All,

I am an overstayer in this country and been in england for 9 years now, can someone please advise me how do you go about proving you have been here for 14 years - what paperwork and how frequently do you collect it?

What else should I be aware of? Is anyone else in the same boat at the moment? How do you go around getting work etc?

Please let me know

thanks in advance

angelus

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:02 am

You have called this topic "Long Residence Concession Question" but the good news is that there is now no "Long Residence Concession"! Why is that good news? Because the provision is now actually incorporated into the Immigration Rules. Have a read of paras 276A to 276E in this link.

So basically you need to prove that you have indeed been in the UK. What evidence do you have that you did indeed arrive in the UK on a particular date? And have been have ever since?

And can I ask, how are you surviving economically? If you are working I fear that life is going to get a whole lot tougher for employers employing illegals.
John

angelus
Newly Registered

Post by angelus » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:24 pm

Thank you for the link - it is greatly appreciated.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/lawand ... ules/part7

All my jobs are "cash in hand" work. However, as I do not hold any credit or debit cards and I don't get bills issued from my tenant - what sort of documents they want me to produce and how frequently. How do I make up for the past 9 years do I ask my tenant to "make up" all the bills for the past 9 years? I still hold old expired passport with proof of entrance in it.

Please advice

angelus

JAJ
Australia

Re: Long Residence Concession Question

Post by JAJ » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:12 pm

angelus wrote:Dear All,

I am an overstayer in this country and been in england for 9 years now, can someone please advise me how do you go about proving you have been here for 14 years - what paperwork and how frequently do you collect it?

What else should I be aware of? Is anyone else in the same boat at the moment? How do you go around getting work etc?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but if you've been in England for 9 years how can you hope to make a 14-year ILR application before 2011 or so?

And that assumes the 14-year concession will still be there at the time. It might not be.

angelus
Newly Registered

Post by angelus » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:43 pm

Well I guess I would have to wait until 2011 or whatever year it is....

Can you advise me how I go about "proof of residence" - can I ask my tenant to write a letter saying that I have lived there contineously for specified period - would that satisfy home office?

thanks

angelus

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:04 am

You talk about your tenant. So you own the house? If that is the case then your purchase will be recorded, probably at the Land Registry.

Proof you were here in the UK on a particular date? Bank statements? Communications from HMRC (formerly Inland Revenue)? etc etc
John

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:50 pm

angelus,

I recommend you go to the Immmigration and Nationality Directorate website's application forms section. Search for Form SET(O) and review the evidence required for the 14 year residence category. Let us know what you have from the list then come back to the board. On another note this visa category has probably the highest fraudelent documentation rate (for in country applicants) so IND review applications here in great detail to ensure you really have been here for 14 years.

angelus
Newly Registered

Post by angelus » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:05 pm

a) all the passports you have held during your stay here;

b) Home Office letter(s) or other document(s) granting you leave to enter and/or remain in the UK;

c) letter(s) from your doctor showing registration for each year of your stay;

d) document(s) showing that you were required to pay council tax or poll tax for each year of your
stay and also documents showing that you were required to pay domestic bills for each year;

e) National Insurance contribution records for each year of your stay or P60 forms;

f) letter(s) from the Inland Revenue;

g) letter(s) from your employer(s) confirming the dates during which you have been employed;

h) letter(s) from the Department for Work and Pensions;

i) full birth certificate(s)i.e. one which shows the parent’s names, for any of your children born in
the UK;

j) letter(s) from school(s), college(s) or other education establishments confirming the dates that
you and/or your children studied there;

k) document(s) showing any property you own in the UK or a letter from your landlord confirming
the period of your tenancy;

l) any other documents which support your application.

angelus
Newly Registered

P60 forms

Post by angelus » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:08 pm

I'm afraid I mislaid my old P60 forms - can I ask my employer to issue replacement P60 forms or equivalent - would that satisfy Home Office? If not could you please advise me further

thanks

angie

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:39 pm

I'm sure my fellow moderator John will confirm this but IIRC you may not get P60's substitutes. Your employer can confirm in writing that you were working over the relevant period in time and likely details of the relevant tax office. IND will cross reference this with appropriate taxation and NI contributions. Remember burden of proof is on you to provide evidence.