ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student dependent visa refused once, need advice

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Harindya
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Student dependent visa refused once, need advice

Post by Harindya » Fri May 20, 2011 8:53 am

hi

my husband is in UK following his PHD on a full scholarship.
I applied for Student dependent visa on March and it was refused on may due to following reasons,

unsure if our relationship is subsisting at the time of application
and the letter issued from bank did not mention i held the balance for more than 28 days

I'm going to apply again and really need some advice regarding what to submit this time

1) is my husband supposed to send proof of accommodation he has arranged for me?
2) The funds i plan to show and fixed deposits that are on my name only, and i do have the required amount. do i need to show my husbands maintenance fund again in my application?

please any help or advice on these regards will be very greatly appreciated

thank you

Ekta_GD

Post by Ekta_GD » Fri May 20, 2011 9:41 am

You don't need to show your husband's funds. In order to prove that your relationship is subsisting at the time of the application, you have to show proof of communication between you two. Like printouts of any emails exchanged recently, photographs of the two of you after marriage, tickets for any trips that you might have taken together before he went to UK, it would also help to show any insurance policies that have your name as the nominee or any joint bank accounts or any investments made by your husband having your name as the nominee or vice-versa.

For your funds, your bank statement has to show clearly that you have been maintaining the required amount (£533 x 9) for the last 28 days. If possible,ask the bank to provide an accompanying letter with the statement and the letter has to clearly state that your bank balance is so and so and it has been that much since _______

That should be enough I guess. Good luck.

Harindya
Newly Registered

Post by Harindya » Fri May 20, 2011 11:52 am

Thanks Ekta_GD for the quick reply

About proof of accommodation, if my husband is unable to find accommodation before i plan to apply again, can my application be refused again based on that?

I went through the guidelines and it doesn't show a need to show proof of accommodation, but going through the forums about how peoples visas were refused makes me worry :(

Ekta_GD

Post by Ekta_GD » Sat May 21, 2011 8:14 am

Your husband needs to provide proof that he's living in UK such as tenancy agreement of where he is living now. If he's studying, he could get a letter from college indicating the same with his current UK address mentioned in the letter and other details like course start date, his address in India. Most colleges have a standard template for such letters.

Harindya
Newly Registered

Post by Harindya » Wed May 25, 2011 6:56 am

Thank you very much Ekta_GD

this cleared my doubts
hoping for the best this time

Harindya
Newly Registered

Post by Harindya » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:37 am

I have a question about the 28 days requirement

is it 28 days including weekend and public holidays or is it 28 working days

please help me with this question as i'm confused, different ppl provide different opinions about it :(

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:39 am

28 calendar days

Harindya
Newly Registered

Post by Harindya » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:59 am

Thank you Greenie :)

nipper88

Post by nipper88 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:51 pm

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a query on the single/partner issue which this thread made me think about. I have a Turkish friend that I plan to live with in the UK and who will be applying for a tier 4 student visa, but I am unsure if she should fill herself in as single or as having a partner on the vaf9 form? We're not strictly partners, but we plan to live together. If she says partner will she have to provide proof of anything relating to me? I want to do this properly to avoid her application being rejected!

Harindya
Newly Registered

Travelling to UK Alone under Tier 4 Student dependent visa

Post by Harindya » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:05 am

hi folks

Thank you very much for the advices you all provided :)

I was able to get my visa as Tier 4 student dependent. My husband is asking me to join him soon but i have few doubts about what to carry as i will be traveling alone

1) I read in several sites that i need to carry proof of finances, does that mean i need to carry the maintenance amount i used to obtain the visa as cash or TCs?
2) I did not require a TB screening test to obtain the visa, hence do i need to carry an X-Ray with me?

looking forward for your advice

makepop1

Re: Travelling to UK Alone under Tier 4 Student dependent vi

Post by makepop1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:55 pm

Harindya wrote:hi folks

Thank you very much for the advices you all provided :)

I was able to get my visa as Tier 4 student dependent. My husband is asking me to join him soon but i have few doubts about what to carry as i will be traveling alone

1) I read in several sites that i need to carry proof of finances, does that mean i need to carry the maintenance amount i used to obtain the visa as cash or TCs?
2) I did not require a TB screening test to obtain the visa, hence do i need to carry an X-Ray with me?

looking forward for your advice
as a dependant you dont need to show proof of finance coz you have already shown and got the visa