ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Help....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

momer79

Spouse visa Help....

Post by momer79 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:07 am

Hi,

I need help regarding marriage visa.

I am living in uk since Oct 2004 on student visa which will expire in March 2007 and i recently married in Anglican Church. My wife is UK national. I am pakistani national.

I am working 20 hr per week and earning 650 pounds per month and i have bank statement about £2500+ . I work for barclay bank and my per anum salary is 7230.

My wife is getting public funds( DLA and JSA) for herself.

We living together since March 2006. We sharing 2 bed flat. We have independant room.

What king of supporting documents i need to provide?
Do i need to show my accomodation letter bcz they didnt ask in application form?
Is my case good enough?Some people told me not to apply in person, apply by post bcz they could refuse my application on the basis of:

1. I am asian.
2. Why am i hurry in getting visa bcz my visa is gona expire in 2007.

Above mentioned doubts are correct?

Hope to read you soon.

Many Regards,
M REHMAN

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:29 am

Being asian shouldn't affect your application, and you'll have to file this from Islamabad too presumably if you are a pak national in which case all applications are taken through Fed Ed.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:02 am

Brit Chick wrote:Being asian shouldn't affect your application, and you'll have to file this from Islamabad too presumably if you are a pak national in which case all applications are taken through Fed Ed.
Can you not switch in-country from student visa?

Steve

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:40 am

I think not, but maybe someone else can clarify?

momer79

re info....

Post by momer79 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:13 pm

Thanxs for ur reply.

I dont need to go pakistan for applying visa, i can apply from uk.

Regards,

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:27 pm

The OP is eligible to apply in country but it is likley the application will fail since the spouse is claiming public funds that she really has no right to given that the family has an appropriate level of income and further savings. Get the spouse of benefits is the message here then apply for a visa.

momer79

THANXS

Post by momer79 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:16 pm

Hi,

My wife is getting benifits for her self and i am working 20 hrs and earning 650 per month. She cant stop Disability allowance and her job seeker are not much enough.

If she stops her JSA and then i apply for visa with £650 earning and £3000+ bank statement , is that well enough to support my wife and myself? Could you plz advise me? My wife's bank statement is not much about £500.

Regards,
M REHMAN