ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal visa application from the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KevinWHine
Newly Registered

Spousal visa application from the UK

Post by KevinWHine » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:03 am

Folks,

I have a pair of friends: one a UK national and the other a Pakistani national.

They have just married in the UK.
The Pakistani national is the husband who is here under immigration control via his 10 year Business visa which gives him 6 months of contiguous stay in the UK.
I understand that under the Border Agency’s normal rules the Spousal visa needs to be issued from the home country. Pakistan in this instance.
However my friend is going to experience difficulties if he returns to Pakistan in terms of previous business partners becoming aggressive and his previous wife’s family becoming aggressive and dangerous. Due to Talaq- the husband’s sole right to divorce a wife.
I see from the Border Agency that they allow applications from the UK mainland if the applicant has been allow greater than 180 days worth of contiguous stay in the UK.

Questions:
How are we able to successfully apply for a spousal visa from the UK?
Maybe we just need to be able to make an application it extend the 6 months delimited business visa stay?

Thanks for any advice,

Kevin

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Sorry but he cant switch his visitors visa to a spouse visa from within UK. He must apply from Pakistan......he has no choice. The fact that he may face some difficulties from his ex and her family is not a valid reason.

His current visa only allows him to stay a maximum of 6 month s in any 12 months period .If he overstays for more than 6 months, he may face problems when he eventually applies for the spouse visa.

He must return to Pakistan and make spouse visa application from there.It takes about 3 months to get this visa if he meets all the criteria s of the spouse visa.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Spousal visa application from the UK

Post by mochyn » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:19 am

KevinWHine wrote:Folks,

I have a pair of friends: one a UK national and the other a Pakistani national.

They have just married in the UK.
The Pakistani national is the husband who is here under immigration control via his 10 year Business visa which gives him 6 months of contiguous stay in the UK.
I understand that under the Border Agency’s normal rules the Spousal visa needs to be issued from the home country. Pakistan in this instance.
However my friend is going to experience difficulties if he returns to Pakistan in terms of previous business partners becoming aggressive and his previous wife’s family becoming aggressive and dangerous. Due to Talaq- the husband’s sole right to divorce a wife.
I see from the Border Agency that they allow applications from the UK mainland if the applicant has been allow greater than 180 days worth of contiguous stay in the UK.

Questions:
How are we able to successfully apply for a spousal visa from the UK?
Maybe we just need to be able to make an application it extend the 6 months delimited business visa stay?

Thanks for any advice,

Kevin
Returning to home country would not be an issue if he lives in a different area, they may not know he is in the country e.g I have problems with family and business associates in London so I go to Manchester to live for 3 months to sort out my visa and keep a low profile

turret
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal visa application from the UK

Post by turret » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:20 am

AFAIK, you can't switch to a spouse visa while in the UK as a visitor, something I've looked into as I wanted to do it.