ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

not updated police registration

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ms83
Newly Registered

not updated police registration

Post by ms83 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi
I'm new to this forum and I was hoping someone could help me with this.

I'm eligible to apply to ILR from Tier 1 visa later this year in Oct 2011 after residing in the UK for 4y11m.

My concern is that my police registration is not fully updated. I have gotten married in 2010 but since I didn't get married in the UK I forgot all about it by the time I came back, so I didn't update my record with the police. Now I don't know if it's better late than never and get it updated, or just leave it.

In addition, I left my former employment end of 2009, and have been a student and community volunteer worker since then. I also have not reported that to the police.

I was wondering if failure to update these would affect my ILR application?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:46 pm

regarding your police registration .. I believe you should go to police station and update your record with your last address. dont leave it .. also if you update it now it won't ur ILR application.
other point hopefully you will g et an answer from other members

goody09

Post by goody09 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi guyintheuk

The exact situation happend with me and I went to the police registration office 13 month later after getting married, they just updated my record and they saw my marriage certificate as well, there was no problem at all in getting the ILR , so do not worry just go and update your details

Best wishes