ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nazema

Post by nazema » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:36 am

Shazad80,

It says in email the application has been processed and will be returned to VAC. It does not say ready for collection.

akaamir

Re: salaams

Post by akaamir » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:55 am

amson90 wrote:@akaamir just wanted to know are you from chakswari by any chance . my hubby met a guy from there who got rejected just wanted to know if by any chance it was ur hubby. dony worry inshallah u will get it quick. remember Allah swt test those he loves most. i will make dua for u all in shallah

my husband from islamgarh and your where is he from.
i wish you both happy married life.
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..

muj1

Post by muj1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:00 am

@ Exquisit33

I only submitted photos of the 3 wedding days including Nikah and a few when we went out after our wedding some with my family in it and some just me and my wife. I submitted no other proof and submitted the application 3 weeks after getting married.

Thanks,

Muj

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:14 am

@ Exquisit33

I only submitted photos of the 3 wedding days including Nikah and a few when we went out after our wedding some with my family in it and some just me and my wife. I submitted no other proof and submitted the application 3 weeks after getting married.

Thanks,

Muj
@ Muj.. Inshallah our applications will be successful and everybody else who is waiting!! When did u get married Muj? And how long after ur wedding did u stay in Pakistan? Did u submit your application while u were in Pak or when u got back?
Last edited by Exquisit33 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allah is the greatest!

muj1

Post by muj1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:36 am

I got married on the 25th of March and submitted 14th April and flew back on the 16th of April. Although your point is valid in saying I was still in Pakistan hence no necessitating the need for phone cards, my sister got married 2 years ago and her husband applied 2 months after being married after my sister had already returned to England for almost 2 months. His application had the same types of photos I had and no calling cards or other contact such as email etc. I feel if the other documents are solid then you need not worry about contact proof.

I had about £20 left of my overdraft on my bank statements at the end of the month but still the visa was granted. Also my employment was temporary so the letter of employment was from the agency and quite clearly stated I was a temp. I was more concerned for the financial side as I took a £3000 loan to satisfy the savings requirement and as it was through my bank I had a bank statement 4 months before my wedding showing LOAN CAPITAL and £3000 to my account :shock: . I just transfered it to my savings account £1000 per month and put the statements in the file.

I thought I had near to no chance with no proof of contact, insufficient amount at the end of the month, temporary employment and a loan for the savings requirement but the visa was granted.

If God wills it will be granted so just relax and await for the outcome :) , I had projected the 11th of july as my 12 weeks but it was granted in 8 weeks much to my surprise. Best of luck and to those still waiting.

Muj

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Okies before I fire my precious update...... :P

everyday_4_u, I would suggest you give them at least till next week Tuesday and if u hear nothing then email them.

email ukvisasection.Pakistansettlementenquiries@fco.gov.uk I think, asking them what is taking so long and give them your details - passport number, date of application, ref number, etc.

dilseabbassi, you wait till tomorrow and the reason being will be written below :D. Inshallah you check again tomorrow late in the morning around 11am and u WILL inshallah have it changed ;).

rajaj333, you still got some waiting to do so don't keep checking tracking status until this week Sunday, from Sunday u can start tracking as it may change thereafter inshallah to AC status.

akaamir, where did you lodge it? Croydon or Loughborough? If the latter then that's good because now what will happen is in the next month u should receive a notification from them for information purposes that ur appeal is lodged, they will then forward ur papers over to Abu Dhabi who will then decide whether they wanna overturn or uphold decision. Inshallah it'll be overturned, so give it a 3 month timeframe and inshallah may the ECO overturn his decision and grant u visa. Have a close look at the Appeals tab in spreadsheet to get an idea of how long it takes from lodging appeal. Sammad's status was quite impressive so maybe that may shed some hope for you. In his case they didn't bother checking bank statements,etc so that's y his was overturned quickly.

Alright everybody, now for my update :D

READY TO COLLECT!!!!!!!!!! :D as of today!

Inshallah my wife will go tomorrow to collect the passport, please pray that she has the visa granted. Am kinda nervous but more importantly thinking of how to burn the rest of the day so that tomorrow comes :P. And yes Dilse, this is why you should wait till tomorrow :D. I have a feeling u will receive Ready status tomorrow INSHALLAH!
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:28 pm

shadow86

brill news Mashallah

Inshallah all will be well 2mro - jus get ur mrs to check all her details are correct etc etc etc

let us know when u have it!!!

when's ur predicted date for my ready to collect?!

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:32 pm

@Shadow86:::: Fantastic shadow86. I am really very happy for you. You waited with patience and got the reward finally. May ALLAH bless you both and start your married life together with HIS blessing. Congratulation once again. Could you please add my name as well in Spread sheet. Thanks.

Shadow86 wrote:Okies before I fire my precious update...... :P

everyday_4_u, I would suggest you give them at least till next week Tuesday and if u hear nothing then email them.

email ukvisasection.Pakistansettlementenquiries@fco.gov.uk I think, asking them what is taking so long and give them your details - passport number, date of application, ref number, etc.

dilseabbassi, you wait till tomorrow and the reason being will be written below :D. Inshallah you check again tomorrow late in the morning around 11am and u WILL inshallah have it changed ;).

rajaj333, you still got some waiting to do so don't keep checking tracking status until this week Sunday, from Sunday u can start tracking as it may change thereafter inshallah to AC status.

akaamir, where did you lodge it? Croydon or Loughborough? If the latter then that's good because now what will happen is in the next month u should receive a notification from them for information purposes that ur appeal is lodged, they will then forward ur papers over to Abu Dhabi who will then decide whether they wanna overturn or uphold decision. Inshallah it'll be overturned, so give it a 3 month timeframe and inshallah may the ECO overturn his decision and grant u visa. Have a close look at the Appeals tab in spreadsheet to get an idea of how long it takes from lodging appeal. Sammad's status was quite impressive so maybe that may shed some hope for you. In his case they didn't bother checking bank statements,etc so that's y his was overturned quickly.

Inshallah my wife will go tomorrow to collect the passport, please pray that she has the visa granted. Am kinda nervous but more importantly thinking of how to burn the rest of the day so that tomorrow comes :P. And yes Dilse, this is why you should wait till tomorrow :D. I have a feeling u will receive Ready status tomorrow INSHALLAH!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Inshallah Shadow86 May it be good news for you and everybody else too!!!
Allah is the greatest!

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks everyone :D

CRT7, next week is YOUR week inshallah for AC status and then the following week is ready to collect. I have 31 July down as predicted date for AC status. Once u receive AC status, give it 2 working days and on 2nd or 3rd working day it'll change to READY.

everyday, if you have a look at the Apr 11 tab, you'll find your details in there :P. Thanks for dua :) inshallah and ameen.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:31 pm

CONGRATULATIONS
NICEEE ONE :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MY WIFE HAS RECEIVED AN EMAIL ON THE 14TH SAYING APPLICATION HAS BEEN PROCESSED AND DO NOT CONTACT GERRY'S BLAH BLAH BLAH AND EVERYONE KNOWS THE REST.

I THINK IT WILL SAY READY FOR COLLECTION ON FRIDAY.

JUST HOPE IT WILL BE GOOD NEWS...............

okara87

Post by okara87 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:46 pm

@shadow86- finally some news for you! inshallah it will be good

cheese
Newly Registered

Post by cheese » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Shadow86 wrote:cheese, visa process can take up to 12 weeks but lately they are taking a week or 2 more (i.e. 13 or 14 weeks). Once granted the visa then you have 3 months in which you MUST come to the UK else you could face certain dilemma's like an annoying interogation sort of questions session at the airport as to why u didn't come within 3 months and furthermore u'll need to apply for Further Leave to Remain to make up for 24 months. So visa duration is 27 months (24 + 3).
I'd suggest applying sometime in November then if ur wife can't come over till February. That'll give you ample amount of time.

She would need to fill in the form as the applicant, you can just help her out or one good idea is that you can print off certain pages of the application which are relevant to your details (i.e. sponsor details) and then send them off to her so that it is easier for her to fill in your details on the form. You do need to submit supporting documents. If you compile a list of what u will submit then we can guide you on that. As you will be better off submitting around November, I'd only suggest you can pick up as much knowledge as possible so that u r well prepared at the time. Changes do take place so do keep updated as to what new requirements they may throw later on in the year.
Cheers!! Ok will submit at beginning of November. Just one more question, can she go back to visit parents etc. in those first 2 years?

We may even apply earlier if she has 3 months to come because it would give peace of mind and just in case we have to go through an appeal process.

nazema

Post by nazema » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Congrats Shadow - I wish you both all the best!

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Let her receive the passport first na? :D we are both holding our composure until the passport comes in her hand, it is then that feelings will be unleashed.

anjum, what's with the caps? Easy fella :P. Thanks. If she received email on 14th then yeah maybe this week you could receive it, or maybe next week. With applications it is longer to get it back once confirmation is made, compared to appellants who receive it much faster - i.e. 2-3 working days.

cheese, I wouldn't recommend for her to go back to Pak in those 2 years but members here have said it is a possibility. In which case you should go with her. Don't send her alone because they will assess and want to see that you are both TOGETHER for those 24 months. So her going alone doesn't meet that requirement. It'll only make things harder for you both if she goes alone, so not worth the risk.

Come to think of it, you can apply around late September. I applied somewhere in 3rd week of Sep and received response (refusal) in early Dec. So imagine your wife is granted visa in Dec, you have Dec, Jan and Feb. So yeah go for late September then :).

Thanks nazema

Guys I appreciate the congrats, wishes, etc but if I can suggest, let the person get the passport back and confirm what the result is. I have faith no doubt that visa is granted but we must also consider the other side (i.e. wrong details on visa or whatever). So please pray for us that she gets the visa with all correct details. I will let you all know just like how I notified you all about ready status. I appreciate it all I really do but I really feel that she should collect passport first and that it is all confirmed and THEN we can get all excited lol. I hope you all understand :) Thanks.

nazema

Post by nazema » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:46 pm

I understand what you mean Shadow!!!

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:28 pm

@shadow86

Thats really Good news So happy for you inshallah on ur wife's passport visa will b stamped.i wish you very good luck,And happy married life.
let us know tomorow ur good news.

my cousin lodged it craydon, i think hopefully we can convince judge about mistreat of application some lazy bugger checkit with eyes close. i just have to be very patience.6 month is really very long. dont know how will it pass.

You have support us all here who are seeking help and support realy appriciated.

rajaj333

Post by rajaj333 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:56 pm

ok im not checking agan and again i checked in morning first then in evening and once in night thats it and congrts for ready for collection
Visa application is under process at british high commission 07/14/2011
Returned tO Ac 07/21/2011
ready for collection 25/07/11
granted :P

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:43 pm

akaamir wrote:Thats really Good news So happy for you inshallah on ur wife's passport visa will b stamped.i wish you very good luck,And happy married life.

my cousin lodged it craydon, i think hopefully we can convince judge about mistreat of application some lazy bugger checkit with eyes close. i just have to be very patience.6 month is really very long. dont know how will it pass.

You have support us all here who are seeking help and support realy appriciated.

Alright so your cousin lodged it for you in Croydon.....

Good point about Croydon: Faster process time (in the sense that ECO will receive your papers quicker) than those who lodge in Loughborough through Tribunal.

Bad point: No formal proof of them receiving your application, so for all you know you could be waiting 4 months and have no news. You will NOT receive an acknowledgement letter so it'll be in your best interest to chase them up after a month to ask if they have received your appeal papers.

With that said, you have lodged your appeal DIRECT to the ECO and by doing so you will have your appeal reviewed but if they uphold the decision then I don't know how it works out in terms of court date. At least with Loughborough you waste a month but u can have re-assurance that it CAN go to court for decision to be overturned. Hopefully someone can advise you about court stuff when lodging in Croydon. However, lets hope for the best :). I hope you have prepared a nice grounds of appeal and provided further evidence.

rajaj333, checking 3 times a day will NOT help you at all, mentally you'll feel pressure. Trust me yaar, leave it to checking when your time comes closer or the least you can check it is once in 3 days. You keep checking it and u won't feel like a patient guy and when that happens mentally u'll get fed up. You have to be ahead of the waiting game my friend. If you want to know what time of the day to check then check evening time only - it's better.

On a side note, it feels good to no longer have to track online for status :)

rajaj333

Post by rajaj333 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
akaamir wrote:Thats really Good news So happy for you inshallah on ur wife's passport visa will b stamped.i wish you very good luck,And happy married life.

Good point about Croydon: Faster process time (in the sense that ECO will receive your papers quicker) than those who lodge in Loughborough through Tribunal.

Bad point: No formal proof of them receiving your application, so for all you know you could be waiting 4 months and have no news. You will NOT receive an acknowledgement letter so it'll be in your best interest to chase them up after a month to ask if they have received your appeal papers.

With that said, you have lodged your appeal DIRECT to the ECO and by doing so you will have your appeal reviewed but if they uphold the decision then I don't know how it works out in terms of court date. At least with Loughborough you waste a month but u can have re-assurance that it CAN go to court for decision to be overturned. Hopefully someone can advise you about court stuff when lodging in Croydon. However, lets hope for the best :). I hope you have prepared a nice grounds of appeal and provided further evidence.

rajaj333, checking 3 times a day will NOT help you at all, mentally you'll feel pressure. Trust me yaar, leave it to checking when your time comes closer or the least you can check it is once in 3 days. You keep checking it and u won't feel like a patient guy and when that happens mentally u'll get fed up. You have to be ahead of the waiting game my friend. If you want to know what time of the day to check then check evening time only - it's better.

yeah i agrreedd wid u but i cant wait long long tym agooo and i will check everyday not gonaa miss cuz when my application is under process i forget to check my other refernce which is main cuz my 3 is still showing forwarded to embassy for processing no 1 is showing under process ..
Visa application is under process at british high commission 07/14/2011
Returned tO Ac 07/21/2011
ready for collection 25/07/11
granted :P

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:17 pm

nazema wrote:Shazad80,

It says in email the application has been processed and will be returned to VAC. It does not say ready for collection.
Then bro you have to wait 3 or 4 days.......

Shahzad

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Shadow86 wrote:

thanks for reply my cousin work as immigration adviser and he said i have to wait for 2 month to get court date when we have court date then just before 10 day we have to submitt all evidence,im not sure about it hes dont and then told me im just lost dont know how it work do you have any idea that information he gave me is that correct.
please help

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:30 pm

@shadow

I m going to lodge my appeal directly to Mumbai where the ECO refused my application... DO u have any idea how much time will he take in review and give decision? Thanks in advance.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:43 pm

thanks for reply my cousin work as immigration adviser and he said i have to wait for 2 month to get court date when we have court date then just before 10 day we have to submitt all evidence,im not sure about it hes dont and then told me im just lost dont know how it work do you have any idea that information he gave me is that correct.
please help
No I am afraid he is wrong....I am starting thinking this yours cousin has little idea about appeal process.
Ok I made easy for you...

You would submit appeal either to First Tribunal Direct or either at Croydon...After submitting yours appeal within 28 days of refusal you would get acknowledged letter from court that they have received yours appeal papers..

It can take 3 to 6 weeks to get a simply acknowledge letter from court..Home office would be given time to review yours case...It can take 3 or 4 months for ECO to review yours case..if they review and decided to withdraw their decision then you would get a letter from Embassy called Call Letter to submit yours passports..If not then a court date would be given...This can takes from 7 to 9 months for the court hearing...

As you have only one reason so I pray yours decision would be reviewed...Make a very good grounds of appeal to prove this is a geniue marriage..Add lots of wedding photos, ecards,emails,any letters,letter from father and mother that this is a genliue marriage,letter from relatives who attended this wedding,yous skypee accounts..

This is very easy appeal and I am 100% sure you woudl easily win..

I know this is a dirty process thats sucks...this tests yours waiting skills..
:lol:

Be patience and must submit yours appeal in time..Submitted appeal is a simple process..filled appeal form and describe yours case and focus mainly on refusal ground with evidence..and submit it...you would be given time to submit further evidence in later stage...

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Ejaz12 wrote:@shadow

I m going to lodge my appeal directly to Mumbai where the ECO refused my application... DO u have any idea how much time will he take in review and give decision? Thanks in advance.
2 to 4 months to review yours case..

Shahzad