ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unemployed Student: Any impact on Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DEVONIAN

Unemployed Student: Any impact on Citizenship Application

Post by DEVONIAN » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:43 am

Section 3.2 to 3.5 of the Form AN Application for naturalisation as a British citizen deals with employment and income tax matters. I am currently an unemployed, full-time student and when I'll be submitting my citizenship application form (sometime this September), I'll be coming to the end of my studies. Is this (i.e. unemployment) factor likely to have an adverse effect on my application? This is especially so given that Section of 3 of the Guidance Notes states that: "Among the duties and obligations which you are expected to fulfil, is payment of income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask H.M. Revenue & Customs for confirmation that your tax and National Insurance affairs are in order. When you sign the application form you will be giving your consent for us to approach them."

ANY RESPONSES/FEEDBACKS WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

Member of Standing

Re: Unemployed Student: Any impact on Citizenship Applicatio

Post by 1664 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:52 am

DEVONIAN wrote:Section 3.2 to 3.5 of the Form AN Application for naturalisation as a British citizen deals with employment and income tax matters. I am currently an unemployed, full-time student and when I'll be submitting my citizenship application form (sometime this September), I'll be coming to the end of my studies. Is this (i.e. unemployment) factor likely to have an adverse effect on my application? This is especially so given that Section of 3 of the Guidance Notes states that: "Among the duties and obligations which you are expected to fulfil, is payment of income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask H.M. Revenue & Customs for confirmation that your tax and National Insurance affairs are in order. When you sign the application form you will be giving your consent for us to approach them."

This will not have any negative impact on your application. Just put down your
occupation as student and in other fields "N/A".

99minus8
Newly Registered

Re: Unemployed Student: Any impact on Citizenship Applicatio

Post by 99minus8 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:41 pm

1664 wrote:
DEVONIAN wrote:Section 3.2 to 3.5 of the Form AN Application for naturalisation as a British citizen deals with employment and income tax matters. I am currently an unemployed, full-time student and when I'll be submitting my citizenship application form (sometime this September), I'll be coming to the end of my studies. Is this (i.e. unemployment) factor likely to have an adverse effect on my application? This is especially so given that Section of 3 of the Guidance Notes states that: "Among the duties and obligations which you are expected to fulfil, is payment of income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask H.M. Revenue & Customs for confirmation that your tax and National Insurance affairs are in order. When you sign the application form you will be giving your consent for us to approach them."

This will not have any negative impact on your application. Just put down your
occupation as student and in other fields "N/A".
I second that