ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 06 Applicant post all queries here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Catherineloft
Newly Registered

my timeline

Post by Catherineloft » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:48 am

My application was recieved August 1st, my credit card was charged the same day. I rang on August 8th and recieved my reference number and was told my application was already with a case worker. The lady said I should get a decision in the next few weeks, so fingers crossed. But it all seems to be moving quite quickly. :?

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:53 am

It's great that they process your application very quickly, Catherineloft!

But now I am getting more worried: why the hell is my application STILL STUCK in the "charging" department (see my previous threads above)? My application was received on 07/31 and charged on 08/01, the same time as Catherineloft's application.

I am beginning to think that something is wrong on my application. Maybe this has to do with the recent UK terrorist event?

Catherineloft
Newly Registered

Luck

Post by Catherineloft » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:01 am

I really do think it's the luck of the draw on how fast your case is dealt with.

But I have been calling them quite regularly to be updated, so perhaps you should call for piece of mind. I had a friend who didn't get theirs back for three months because it was sitting on a random desk somewhere. So maybe just check it out.

If you call at 9am, their time you can generally get through.

Good luck!!!

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:30 am

To prove my income I sent the following:

12 months original bank statements.
12 months printed salary slips (Stamped and signed by finance dept).
Tax return.
Letter from employer stating my salary increase and my annual salary.

If you read the caseworkers guide, the tax return seems to be the most important document. If you are unable to provide original salary slips, then you state this in your covering letter and then provide some alternate forms of evidence i.e. original bank statements.

Good luck!

ash

progress

Post by ash » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:57 am

Thats true - cause my timeline was similar to your cuberoot - my CC got charged on the 19th and still no reply.

hopefully this week.

lanwarrior

Re: progress

Post by lanwarrior » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:01 am

ash wrote:Thats true - cause my timeline was similar to your cuberoot - my CC got charged on the 19th and still no reply.

hopefully this week.
What's true?

nikhil

Post by nikhil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:31 am

Good new Catherineloft!

am in the same boat here as lanwarrior I guess. My app was received on 26th July. My lawyer had paid by a cheque (heaven knows why). she then called up HO on 7th August to find out if I have a reference number yet and HO said that since they have changed their payment vendor, they are suffering delays in processing apps.

Am worried as hell too, dont know if I should call up HO myself to verify things once when I have a legal representative. Any advise guys? :? :?:

hsmpaspire
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspire » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:05 pm

I dont recommend you to call HomeOffice urself because if your consultant comes to know abt this,he/she will definately loose trust in you and this is going to hamper ur relationship in the long run.

Thats one of the disadvantages with applying through consultants...

For us there is only one HSMP but for them there are 100s of HSMP..So there wont be much personal attention i would say..

ALL the Best and be patient...

globban
Newly Registered

Post by globban » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:57 pm

My HSMP application was approved today!!

Timeline was as follows:

21 July 2006 - Forms reached authorities
26 July 2006 - Payment deducted from credit card
09 August 2006 - Informed that the case in with a case worker
11 August 2006 - Decision made and documents posted

Very quick case but a nerve-wracking process! I went through Definitive Work Permits agency and they were great all round! Their fees are less than most and they did everything to make sure the case had the best chance of being approved.

ash

progress

Post by ash » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:56 pm

congrats

I wonder whats holding up my application

The CC got charged on the 19th of July and as of this morning caseworker not assigned.

lanwarrior

Re: progress

Post by lanwarrior » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:29 pm

ash wrote:congrats

I wonder whats holding up my application

The CC got charged on the 19th of July and as of this morning caseworker not assigned.
Hey ash,

Did you at least get a ref. number from them? Somebody in the thread mentioned that he never received a ref. # but after about 1+ month, he suddenly got the approval.

I think you should call them regularly to make sure they're on track.

ash

progress

Post by ash » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:00 pm

I got the ref number on the 26th of July - i am hoping for a result this week else i will fill in an urgent treatment form.

nikhil

Post by nikhil » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:10 am

hsmpaspire wrote:I dont recommend you to call HomeOffice urself because if your consultant comes to know abt this,he/she will definately loose trust in you and this is going to hamper ur relationship in the long run.

Thats one of the disadvantages with applying through consultants...

For us there is only one HSMP but for them there are 100s of HSMP..So there wont be much personal attention i would say..

ALL the Best and be patient...
that was my understanding of the situation as well. The only consolation is that I have chosen one of the top notch firms in the UK to represent my case and they indeed analyzed my documents to a good extent before filing my app.

Guess I can do nothing but wait now :roll:

oneway

Post by oneway » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:28 pm

I called this morning and my application is under consideration of a case worker. :D

I hope I hear something positive next week. Praying hard!!! :)

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:14 pm

I finally got my ref. #. I was told by the lady the case is assigned to caseworker and will take 25 days, and 70 days if further processing requires.

Oneway,

Did the operator tell you the same thing about this 25 - 70 days?

maar

Post by maar » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:55 pm

Yes they told the same, but you will hear different different answer each time you call depending on the officer who takes up the call.

For me they told that decision made and is in final review ( 2 weeks back ), two days back when I called again they said no decision made and it will take 25 to 70 days.

so better to wait until you get courier to your home, I don't see any use in calling them as they won't do any thing other than giving this kind stuff to confuse us.

People are getting in one week time, some in 1 month time and some in 2 months... etc.. etc..

So it is your luck how soon you get it..

oneway

Post by oneway » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:47 am

lanwarrior wrote: Oneway,

No, she said that they only received limited information. She said that they did not update records on when the case worker was assigned and are not notified of the approval or rejection either. She said the length of time for approval depended on the case worker. Like Maar pointed out, it IS a matter of luck. Looks like the call center people can only give information on when documents were received etc. Rest looks like it's up to the case workers.

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:01 am

I thought a number of people can get their approval by calling the HO office, as shown in this thread? For example, the applicant "rkc" did through phone.

rkc

Post by rkc » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:57 am

Thats correct, I did get to know my decision on phone. However, as already mentioned previously, the customer contact centre (at +441142074074) are not in a position to tell you whether you have been approved or not. They will only say what the status of your applications is (i.e. in queue, assigned,decision made). Also, I have experience inconsistent status updates from these people on my application

To know what the decision is you need to call the HSMP team at +441142076020. Also, be assured that these guys will always give you the most accurate information ( I always got consistent status updates, irrespective of the operator). The only caveat being that it is very difficult to get through this number as most of the times the line is busy.

regards

maar

Post by maar » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:24 pm

rkc,

This is really useful info, thanks.

nikhil

Post by nikhil » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:35 pm

lanwarrior wrote:I finally got my ref. #. I was told by the lady the case is assigned to caseworker and will take 25 days, and 70 days if further processing requires.

Oneway,

cool man! a step at a time but atleast your app is moving.. I have no phukin clue whats hapening with mine!!!! :x

nikhil

Post by nikhil » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:46 pm

Damn these HO people...they never sent any mail confirming my reference number. Made my lawyer call up today and they gave her the reference number over phone! Also they mention that a caseworker had already been assigned to my app...wtf! loll!

So as of today my timelines are

App received by HO - 26th July

Ref Number received over phone - 16th August

Confirmation of case worker being assigned - 16th August.

And my ref number is also 6 digits and is in the format 081XXX

Jeez! cant wait for the decision now!!!! :roll:

Catherineloft
Newly Registered

Approval

Post by Catherineloft » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:24 pm

Just to let you all know, I received an approval letter on August 16th, so the processing time has been extremely fast for me.

My application was received on August 1st, credit card was charged the same day and then I got a reference number a week later.

Everything has been returned to me in the same condition as I sent it ... so I am very pleased.

Thankyou for all you advice

Bring on the UK

Good luck to you all :)

oneway

Post by oneway » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:34 pm

nikhil,

Do you kind of see a pattern here? Anyone with an "out of country" application that had their application recieved from HO from mid to late july is still pending while those who were fortuntate to have receipt of their application after Aug 1st are approved?

I hope someone among us can break that spell and report some good news to this forum!

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:40 am

Just to chip in too, my application was also approved. Timeline is:

07/31: app. received
08/01: CC charged
08/15: ref. given via phone
08/17: notified that case has been approved

BTW, my applicationw as out of the country.
oneway wrote:nikhil,

Do you kind of see a pattern here? Anyone with an "out of country" application that had their application recieved from HO from mid to late july is still pending while those who were fortuntate to have receipt of their application after Aug 1st are approved?
Oneway, I think there is no set pattern on when someone got an approval. But it seems to take between 2 weeks - 40 days. Take a look at the excel spreadsheet I created (other thread), where I capture the processing times for about 10 people.