ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mirza007
Newly Registered

Post by Mirza007 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:56 pm

Congrats shadow!

Mirza007
Newly Registered

Post by Mirza007 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:20 pm

P.s. Shadow86, what was your reason for getting refused with your intial application? And, what did submit to overturn the refusal?

vsimplek

Post by vsimplek » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Congratulation Shadow have a happy married life

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:05 pm

CONGRADULATIONS SHADOW
WISH U ALL THE BEST FOR THE FUTURE, DONT FORGET US IN UR DUA. :D :D :D :D :D :D

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:27 pm

Congrats Shadow! All the best to you and your wife. Do pray for us!

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Mirza007 wrote:P.s. Shadow86, what was your reason for getting refused with your intial application? And, what did submit to overturn the refusal?
They claimed that I had no letter of employment on headed paper (true) and that the source of where funds are coming from was not stated on bank statements (obviously cause I'm paid in cash lol). So it was an employment related refusal.

So I cleared it all off by providing PAYE Coding Notice and letter of employment on headed paper, along with some smack in the face type of language in the grounds of appeal - obviously maintaining professionalism.

I am overwhelmed by the amounts of congrats received, Thank you all so much! It means a lot. I will be SURE to show this forum to my wife and the amount of support I received from you all, this page will be remembered for a long time to come, page 597 of this thread zindabaad :D. Thank you all :). You will all be in my dua's and I will surely stick around but perhaps the SS responsibility may need to be passed on to somebody else or it may be left as it is without much amendments, I mean it is good enough for comparing purposes and to get an idea.

Ameen to all the dua's and wishes. By the looks of it she might be coming before Ramadan, flight booking is in the process so perhaps in the night I can confirm, i'll keep you guys posted as always :D.
Last edited by Shadow86 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Congratulation Shadow86, I am really happy for you. Long wait and patience but finally you got the reward. May Allah bless both of you.

Asil_88

r

Post by Asil_88 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:34 pm

Congratulation Shadow, gud luck for the future.

amson90
Newly Registered

shawod

Post by amson90 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:49 pm

salaams all i pary for you all everytime i pray my namaz. dua can change anything . SHADOW86 mashallah im sooo happy for you. congrats and may allah swt bless you in everyway and make your marriage successfull. ameen. such good news.... my husband is coming on 25th july which is monday. allhumdulillah very grateful for everyones help.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:32 pm

hey congratulations to all of thoes lucky ppl who hav gt their visa granted!!!..

A SPECIAL CONGRATULATIONS TO SHADOW!!..he is a top brother..one of the best..but very few around lol...wish u every hapiness ..ameen

come bk and visit us and rememebr im stil gna need alot of ur help!!!lol...

tc all and dont give up!...OUR time wil eventually come...the waiting is very very hard but....seeing sum1 happy makes up ALL happy INNIT!...Inshallah i pray may Allah unite us with our spouses and live hapily ever after.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ameen

oh and BALLE BALLE SHADOWN ALLLLLLLLL TTHHHHHHEEEEEE WAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!.........WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:41 pm

lol @ not too bad shadow..u make it sound as tho it was a walk in the park..lol...

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Hehe, thanks :D :oops:

No arrival date fixed yet but inshallah that should change tomorrow. My chachi and cousin are looking to return ASAP (i.e. by this weekend) so maybe a Sunday flight might be the way forward.

Quite a lot of people are complaining about the weather, sheesh is it really thaaaaaaaat bad there? My cousin and chachi aren't feeling well due to weather and my wife keeps telling me how super hot it is there. It wasn't like this last year's summer :?.

I wonder how Anjum is coping with the weather there and anybody else who is in Pak or came back from there recently. Anyhow drifting off topic here :oops:.

Asma, wish you also a happy married life and wish ur husband a safe journey to his new home :), you got the list of questions that they could ask him at airport? Here they are, worth you taking a note of them and passing them on to your husband so that he can prepare in advance as some of the questions are date related.

Questions (potentially) asked upon arrival to the UK
Why have you come to UK?
Who are you going to settle with?
Husband/wife's name, Date of Birth and Job Title
How long have you been married
Address in the UK
First time in the UK?
Husband/wife waiting outside
Husband/wife travelling with you?
When did you first meet?
Was the marriage arranged or love?
What was your relationship before marriage?
How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
When did you get married (Month, year)?
Have you been to UK before?
XnailaX wrote:lol @ not too bad shadow..u make it sound as tho it was a walk in the park..lol...
Hahahahahhahahha yeah I know but bleh oh well, you're right but once you go through 10 months then it feels weird to say the least. Glad it was only months and not year(s) at least.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:55 pm

yup shadow!!!.....plz remember us al in ur duas and dont forget US!!!lol....hehehehe

UKVA4

Post by UKVA4 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:36 pm

Alhamdolillah shadow bro. So happy for u and bhabhi. Congrats to Amson and missy22. Apologise for wishing late as I have gone into a caccoon. This whole process is so taxing and frustrating especially for some one whose an adrenaline junkie :(. Sorry to learn about akaamir. Best of wishes for all the valuable members of this forum. May this critical phase for all conclude in ballay ballay o shawa shawa , shadow bro style. Fi aman Allah.... X x Okies guys now time for the most electrifying e-bhangra seen on this forum. WWoooooooohhhhhhhoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Alhamdulillah by the grace of Allah SWT my wife has been GRANTED the visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Image Image Image

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I said NICEEEEEEEEEEEE aha aha ooooooh yeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Do the balle balle with me now :D lol hahaha. Her first reaction is 'yahoooo'. I'm so thrilled, thanks to everyone sooooooo much for their help! I have taken in so much help and I've done my best to return some too. Thanks for all the support everyone has blessed me and the dua's, it's been a helluva journey and yes there IS light at the end of the tunnel :)

As most people show their timeline I'll do the same, so from start to finish here it is:

7 Sep 2010: Application submitted in Islamabad
7 Sep 2010: Application forwarded to BHC
22 Sep 2010: Visa application under process at BHC
8 Dec 2010: Passport ready and collected - refused entry.
4 Jan 2011: Application lodged at Loughborough Tribunal
28 Jan 2011: Confirmation of receipt of appeal received (Sponsor copy)
1 Mar 2011: Appeal received by ECO - 8th June deadline given to ECO
16 Jun 2011: Call letter received, decision overturned
23 Jun 2011: Passport submitted with new TB Cert, etc
23 Jun 2011: Application forwarded to Islamabad OC
26 Jun 2011: Forwarded to Embassy for processing
17 Jul 2011: Processed Application returned to AC
20 Jul 2011: Ready for collection
21 Jul 2011: Passport collected, visa granted!

Just over 10 months the entire process has taken, alhamdulillah not too bad :)

The visa was stamped on 12 July 2011 and has 12 Oct 2013 expiry date (so issued for 27 months).

All the details are correct on the visa itself so now inshallah travel arrangements will be made and i'll let you all know when she is blessing me and UK with her presence inshallah :D.

Shukar alhamdulillah for this awesome news

rajaj333, Islamabad. Huh you got AC status this quick???????? NICEEEEEEE!!!!!

Way to go CRT7!!!!!! :D now give it 2 working days so as today is Thursday UNFORTUNATELY it'll have to be next week Monday or Tuesday for you :oops: same applies to you too rajaj333.[/quote]yeah quick i know it will change on 21 my predication is correct and congrats[/quote]
Last edited by UKVA4 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Missy_22

Post by Missy_22 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Mubarakan to Shadoww, congratulations, I'm very happpy for you :D

my husband is also coming on Sunday inshallah

thanks uka4:)

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:16 pm

hey guyz didnt get an update today...but havent lost hope, i reckon we should get it tomorow :D congrats to everyone whos got theres, its been a long and hard wait but you have all done so well and it shows just how strong we realy are :-) good luck to everyone else awaiting some updates :D
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

adamkhanuk
Newly Registered

Post by adamkhanuk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Shadow86 Congratulations! May Allah give you and your wife health, wealth and a very long happy married life together! Ameen.

I have not long been a member of this forum but during my time I have found you to be extremely helpful to everyone who asks anything. You too have been through what seems like an eternity, waiting for news and status' to change and to collect the passport with a visa. For all this is a difficult time but you have helped many stay positive, enthusiastic, provide help, support and reasurrances.

May Allah reward you for this, Ameen. Thank you for all the useful info and once again wishing you and your wife all the best.

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:29 pm

hey does anyone know if status's change on fridays? or is it just sunday to thursday?

adamkhanuk
Newly Registered

Post by adamkhanuk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:23 pm

@ dilse - Status such as "Application Under Process" and "Processed Application returned to AC" normally change Sunday to thursday as these are the days Abu Dhabi work and tasks they deal with

Others such as "Application forwarded to Embassy for Processing", "Ready for Collection", "Application Forwarded to OC" are mainly Mon-Fri (day BHC Islamabad / Gerrys work)

rajaj333

Post by rajaj333 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 am

adamkhanuk wrote:@ dilse - Status such as "Application Under Process" and "Processed Application returned to AC" normally change Sunday to thursday as these are the days Abu Dhabi work and tasks they deal with

Others such as "Application forwarded to Embassy for Processing", "Ready for Collection", "Application Forwarded to OC" are mainly Mon-Fri (day BHC Islamabad / Gerrys work)
i agrred wid u with some statements as u mention not witth all n thy changed proceesssed to ac and under process status from islamabad not frm abd
Visa application is under process at british high commission 07/14/2011
Returned tO Ac 07/21/2011
ready for collection 25/07/11
granted :P

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:21 am

adamkhanuk wrote:Shadow86 Congratulations! May Allah give you and your wife health, wealth and a very long happy married life together! Ameen.

I have not long been a member of this forum but during my time I have found you to be extremely helpful to everyone who asks anything. You too have been through what seems like an eternity, waiting for news and status' to change and to collect the passport with a visa. For all this is a difficult time but you have helped many stay positive, enthusiastic, provide help, support and reasurrances.

May Allah reward you for this, Ameen. Thank you for all the useful info and once again wishing you and your wife all the best.
Ameen! Thank you for your kind words and wishes adam :) btw have you received any update? Any forwarded or processing update?

Yeah dilse, be sure to check it out today (Friday), inshallah hoping yours changes too.

LOL UKVA4 hahahha your time to do the balle balle dance will come too inshallah :D. You surprise me because you came across as a patient type of person and now all of a sudden you're showing some concerns - which is only natural and understandable. Maintain that patience and let it overide the adrenaline rush. 18th August isn't too far away, if you lose patience now then you've already lost to the waiting game.

1. Remain Patient

2. Have faith

3. Maintain your composure/grip/control

As a person, having my wife's initial application for visa refused has helped me immensely because i've learned patience from it. I am a different person compared to the one who went to Pak and returned in Sep 2010. I'm sure those of you who have been here since late 2010 may have noticed the change in how I advice, how I communicate, etc. Having the above 3 will give you an edge over those who don't have either.

Last year Sep I would have NEVER spoken about "having faith" and now look at me talking about faith. Hey it's helped a lot, so give it a try too. May Allah grant all those who are waiting, sabr and reward their partners with a visa, ameen.

Hang in there guys, your day to shine will come also inshallah!

vsimplek

Post by vsimplek » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:09 am

Hello guys i got msg today from UK VISA PAK. Your passport has been received. Please collect it from UK application Centre. Please pray for me. its my 10th week is it good or bad? Thanks

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:40 am

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stats change today ready for collection!!!!! hubby is on his way to islamabad now to go pick it up omg i cant belive hes gona be home next week!! thank you all soooo much for ur advice on here it really does help people, it helped me soo much :D :D :D :D :D did anyone else get any updates today?

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:40 am

vsimplek wrote:Hello guys i got msg today from UK VISA PAK. Your passport has been received. Please collect it from UK application Centre. Please pray for me. its my 10th week is it good or bad? Thanks
INSHALLAH IT WILL BE GOOD NEWS, WHERE DID U SUBMIT UR APPLICATION

vsimplek

Post by vsimplek » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:52 am

Thanks Anjum786mohammad i submit my application at Lahore vac i am going to collect today