ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidences Approved to Be Used instead of Payslips in HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tundefaboye
Newly Registered

Evidences Approved to Be Used instead of Payslips in HSMP

Post by tundefaboye » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:55 am

Hi all,

I just joined this site and am from Lagos, Nigeria. I want your advice on the type of evidences that can be used instead of payslips to claim points for my earnings on HSMP.

And also evidences that can be used to claim my points on Work Experience. I will really appreciate comments from experienced Nigerians who have qualified for the HSMP.

Regards,

Tunde Faboye

Post by 1971 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:56 pm

Hi Tundefaboye,

The truth is that 2 set of evidences are needed for earnings - Payslips, tax returns, Bank statements, Employer's letter stating the breakdown of you salasy structure. But the most prefered by the Caseworker according to the HSMP Guidance are PAyslips and Tax returns. In the event where these are not available, please, use any other one amongst the list above and write out a well detailed Cover letter explaining why this is so.

Work Experience Criteria - You certainly will need a reference letter from present and former employer stating the start - finish date, Full description of your roles/duties, salary earned within the roles and type of employment(preferably FULL TIME.)

I hope this satisfies you.

Regards and wish you well.

tundefaboye
Newly Registered

Post by tundefaboye » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:25 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the advice on the earnings and experience.

I heard that one can use the employers letter stating your gross income, letter from your company's accountant stating that your gross income has been taxed and remmitted in-place of a tax certificate if it is not ready. And a cover letter from the company's tax consultant to cover all the earnings.

Pls advice.

Best regards

Cool

Post by Cool » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:15 am

Hi tundefaboye,

Employer's letter simply showing gross income is not likely to be adequate. Your employer should state the exact amount earned between Sept 2005 and Aug 2006 (for example). You might want to argue that this would add up to your gross income but from observations, that is how exployer's reference on income should be stated. So, your letter of employment or promotion letter which normally states gross income will not be adequate.

It will be helpful if your employer states in the earnings letter that they do not issue payslips. That will proactively answer all potential questions about your payslip.

Your company's accountant or tax consultant should include a cover letter stating that your tax cert is not yet ready.

I hope your bank statements for the relevant period clearly show your income from employer. The statements should be included as part of your evidence for the earnings section - to fulfil the requirements for 2 evidences.

Don't worry if the figures in your employer's letter and bank statements differ by a similar amount monthly. It is expected that there would be some deductions from source: tax, other statutory deductions, loans etc. Explain the deductions in your cover letter.

1971 has fully captured what is required in Work Experience letter. However, in my opinion, salary is not mandatory to be stated for the roles.

All the best.