ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tot

Tier 1 Dependent born in UK

Post by tot » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I need to apply Tier1 dependent application for my daughter born in UK. Applying within UK.

Situation :

a). Myself being the main applicant have not completed 1 yr(will complete in Sep'11).
b). Consistently holding INR 2,28,000 in an Indian Bank.

Need some assitance on the following(shall appreciate any details/links given..) :

1. As I have not completed 1 yr in UK, therefore how much maintenance funds is required to show?

2. As myself & my spouse do have a valid visa till 2013, do I need to show maintenance funds for all 3 of us when applying for my daughter?

3. I have maintained about GBP 3080 (INR 2,28,000 @ 74) in a Bank in India(shown during our visa application.) Will we be able to show these funds as myself+spouse+child maintenance funds during my daughters application when applying from within UK?

4. Nor my tenancy agreement neither any bills mention my spouses' name, would that be a problem showing that we are still living together or it does not matter?

Kindly confirm document checklist :

i.) Application form
ii.) Birth Certificate (+photocopy)
iii.) Marriage Certificate (+photocopy)
iv.) 3 month Bank statement(Indian currency) & letter stating consistent balance since 3 month period on a letter-head.
v.) Parent passports (+photocopy)
vi.) Tenancy agreement (+photocopy)

Thanks in advance,
tot

tot

Post by tot » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate if anyone could throw some light on my query, please!

Many thanks,
tot

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:04 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi

Congrtas. Hope both baby and mother are doing fine.

My daughter was born here as well last December and I submitted the following documents :

1. Application form : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf

2. 3 month bank statement showing a blance of £ 1600

3. Marriage Certificate

4. Parents Passports

5. Daughter Passports

6. Birth Certificate

7. If you are the main applicant then the letter from your wife stating that your daughter was born here and requesting UKBA to issue dependant visa to the baby on husband visa.

It doesnt matter whether you have completed 1 year in UK or not. It would be good if you can show the balance here as that will act as address proof as well..You wont need to show maintenace funds for 3 of you , it will be for just you and your daughter.

Since you are the main applicant home office doesnt care about bill in name of spouse or anything they will just want a letter form your wife as I mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

tot

Post by tot » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi gaurav,

Thank you and appreciate the info shared. :)
Just wondering whether the visa would appear on my(father's) passport?

Many Thanks,
tot

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Nope..It will be stamped on your daughters passport

arifhusni
Newly Registered

Post by arifhusni » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:10 pm

[quote="gaurav76.5"]Hi

Congrtas. Hope both baby and mother are doing fine.

My daughter was born here as well last December and I submitted the following documents :

1. Application form : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf

2. 3 month bank statement showing a blance of £ 1600

3. Marriage Certificate

4. Parents Passports

5. Daughter Passports

6. Birth Certificate

7. If you are the main applicant then the letter from your wife stating that your daughter was born here and requesting UKBA to issue dependant visa to the baby on husband visa.

It doesnt matter whether you have completed 1 year in UK or not. It would be good if you can show the balance here as that will act as address proof as well..You wont need to show maintenace funds for 3 of you , it will be for just you and your daughter.

Since you are the main applicant home office doesnt care about bill in name of spouse or anything they will just want a letter form your wife as I mentioned above.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Hi,

I am going to apply next week for my daughter. Where does it state that UKBA requires the following document -

1. Marriage Certificate

2. Parents Passports

3. Daughter Passports

4. Birth Certificate

It only states that maintenance fund must be £533 for 3 months. Shouldn't it be enough?

How do I fill section D? and In the part where requires 'dependant declaration', whose name did you write? and if it's the baby's name, who sign it?

I hope I can clear this up before submitting my daughters application.

Many thanks.
Arif

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:12 am

Hi

All this was told to me by the solicitor. He told me they need further document if baby is born here.In the dependent declaration that has to be fiiled by your baby. And you can sign it on her behaly. Just write her name and below that in the bracket just say signed by father on behalf of <<your daughter name>>

tot

Post by tot » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:16 pm

arifhusni wrote: It only states that maintenance fund must be £533 for 3 months. Shouldn't it be enough?
Arif
extract from here:

"If the main Tier 1 (General) applicant or migrant has been in the UK for less than 12 months, you must show that you or they have at least £1,600 to support you, in addition to the funds needed to support them.

If the main applicant or migrant has been in the UK for 12 months or more, you or they must have at least £533 to support you."

Note that the 1st para says that if the main applicant is less than yr in uk then additional £1600, whereas if completed a year in uk then just £533...it DOES NOT mention the word "additional" or "in addition" in the second case.

Hence, it means that if the main applicant has completed one yr in UK then his dependents applying either from UK or outside UK need to show only £533 for maintenance.
I hope i'm making sense...??

I would request the moderators/senior/experienced mates to comment on this..please.

ukbuddy

Post by ukbuddy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:39 pm

[quote="gaurav76.5"]Hi

All this was told to me by the solicitor. He told me they need further document if baby is born here.In the dependent declaration that has to be fiiled by your baby. And you can sign it on her behaly. Just write her name and below that in the bracket just say signed by father on behalf of <<your daughter name>>[/quote]

I think you need to write name of the person who is doing signature