ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN application form for a spouse of a British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fev

AN application form for a spouse of a British citizen

Post by fev » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi!

I'm about to apply for a British citizenship as a spouse of a British citizen.
Can anyone please advise me if it's obligatory to show the details of all addresses I lived in while in UK within last 5 years in AN form or 3 years will be enough? Immigration conditions say that I should live in UK for 3 years. When I had a look at AN application form they ask addresses for the last 5 years. The problem is I don't remember full details (such as post code, dates of moving in/out) of addresses I used to live. I can restore information for the last 3 year but no further as I used to move around a lot.

Thanks!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Did you read the form?
2.2 Please give details of all absences from the United Kingdom during the last five years. If you are married or in a
civil partnership to a British citizen, give details for the last three years only (see page 7 of the Guide).

fev

Re: AN application form for a spouse of a British citizen

Post by fev » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm not asking about absenses. I want to know about AN section 1.17 Please provide your addresses for the past 5 years. And I would like to find out if it's enough to provide addresses only for 3 years. As I mentioned before I have dificulty to restore the full information about places I lived within 5 years.

fev

Post by fev » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Jambo thank you for you advice but unfortunately I asked about different thing. If you know an answer to my question, I will appreciate if you post it.

fev

Post by fev » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Does anyone know if Home office make a lot of enquiries about places applicant used to leave within 5 years of UK residency. As I'm unable to provide precise information about the addresses I used to leave. Basically information I can provide can be marked as "to the best of my recollections". And their best is not good at all.

Thanks!

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:35 pm

fev wrote:Does anyone know if Home office make a lot of enquiries about places applicant used to leave within 5 years of UK residency. As I'm unable to provide precise information about the addresses I used to leave. Basically information I can provide can be marked as "to the best of my recollections". And their best is not good at all.

Thanks!
hi ofcourse home office dose make enquiries but why you so worried just give information as much as you can its not hard for you find it if its in the same city and also wirite a covering lettere and explain them that why you cant give them complete information. yes last 5 years addresess
NAZIA XX

fev

Post by fev » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Thanks Nazia!
My problem is that the first 2 years of my residency in UK I moved a lot and I lived in houses shared by other people and of course rental agreement was verbal (no written contract). So I don't remember dates when I moved in/out those houses. Well, but as you said, I probably need to write a covering letter explaining this. Thank you for your advice.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:38 pm

yes as i said just tell the truth..its just for information and wont affect you eligiblitly for BC
NAZIA XX