ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:19 pm

semsem wrote:I submitted my application on the 20th May and there was a problem in the payment and was taken out on the 22nd June :(. just called today and was told waiting for allocation.

I am not putting much hope for my application to be accepted anyway but just would like to know the decision and get my passport back.
ok but why you not hoping for a positive result... if you must have dont something worng you shouldnt be apply untill your conviction spent (if you have any)
you are not the first person whos got payment probl there are many including myself. ofcourse its gonne be delay but please think positive its will be happend soon and you will get your decision. ok goodluck
NAZIA XX

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:03 pm

[/quote] ok but why you not hoping for a positive result...[/quote]

Well I have two unspent convictions..one is really minor and the other is drink driving (which is really bad). Both convictions occurred outside the UK and both have been rehabilitated in the country where they happened. I have submitted papers confirming that they have been rehabilitated and are considered as never occurred! But the problem is that in the UK they are not rehabilitated yet..any thoughts!!??

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:18 pm

semsem wrote:
ok but why you not hoping for a positive result...[/quote]

Well I have two unspent convictions..one is really minor and the other is drink driving (which is really bad). Both convictions occurred outside the UK and both have been rehabilitated in the country where they happened. I have submitted papers confirming that they have been rehabilitated and are considered as never occurred! But the problem is that in the UK they are not rehabilitated yet..any thoughts!!??[/quote]

be honest i dont have any infromation about any conviction outside the uk and i hope some expert will guide you or give you information but i still think that your application might get through as you declared in the form so be positive. goodluck
NAZIA XX

moonlight11
Newly Registered

Post by moonlight11 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:38 pm

dear raja no 1,

I had the same diplomatic answer by home office this monday. Saying your application has reached into final stages but when asked about if decision has been made yet, she answered no.

I do not know if any other memebr had the same answer and how long it took to get their approval!

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Nothing today guys

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:33 pm

vipul1981 wrote:Nothing today guys
Same here mate....nothing come through!

cino

hi

Post by cino » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:45 pm

got min dis monin n gud luk to all applicants took 14weeks to get it thanx to moderator's that's it for me now :D

Nazia88

Re: hi

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:23 pm

cino wrote:got min dis monin n gud luk to all applicants took 14weeks to get it thanx to moderator's that's it for me now :D
congrates cino :D :D goodluck for ceromoy
NAZIA XX

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:26 pm

semsem wrote:
ok but why you not hoping for a positive result...[/quote]

Well I have two unspent convictions..one is really minor and the other is drink driving (which is really bad). Both convictions occurred outside the UK and both have been rehabilitated in the country where they happened. I have submitted papers confirming that they have been rehabilitated and are considered as never occurred! But the problem is that in the UK they are not rehabilitated yet..any thoughts!!??[/quote]

you should be fine as long as you mension it in your application, jus relax and think positive,and pls let us knw when you get your decision letter ...cheers

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 pm

@Nazia88
mate went for ceremony today and also sent out passport app another 2weeks wait...hope ya get your APPROVAL NEXT WEEK cheers

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 pm

forwardever wrote:@Nazia88
mate went for ceremony today and also sent out passport app another 2weeks wait...hope ya get your APPROVAL NEXT WEEK cheers
thats good, how was the cermony went hope you enjoyed it coz it was public right? yes goodluck for passport and thanks for wishing me. :)
NAZIA XX

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
thats good, how was the cermony went hope you enjoyed it coz it was public right? yes goodluck for passport and thanks for wishing me. :)
Yea its public and it went pretty well and im excited im now a proud citizen of the UNITED KINGDOM...always wishin u and every one on the waitin list all the very best mate as i was once on list so i knw what its feels like to wait...all the best mate

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:15 pm

forwardever wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
Yea its public and it went pretty well and im excited im now a proud citizen of the UNITED KINGDOM...always wishin u and every one on the waitin list all the very best mate as i was once on list so i knw what its feels like to wait...all the best mate
yeah thats good you enjoyed and the main thing is you took the oath and become a british citizen which is realy great. and thaks for wishing all of us hope our time will come soon to enjoy the moment x :D
NAZIA XX

rightmove

anybody who applied 1st week July?

Post by rightmove » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:53 am

i know 2 more people apart from me (applied on 6th July) who have applied in 1st week of July and the fee is not deducted.. looks like there is some slowdown due to extra work load or may be to clear the backlog of may and june. if i remember correctly their efficiency is based on the turnover from the time the application is entered in the system, so they might not enter the application in the system unless they have enough resources to forward the app to next stage like third party verification.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:10 am

i am not sure why my post is taking so long.

According to 2 different people in HO over phone, I was informed that decision was taken on 12th July and posted on 14th July.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:43 am

vipul1981 wrote:i am not sure why my post is taking so long.

According to 2 different people in HO over phone, I was informed that decision was taken on 12th July and posted on 14th July.
Yes I realised that too - wonder what's going on!

I may call them later today to see when my docs were posted - esp because I never received my ack letter!

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Just called the HO. Conversation between "Me" and the "Lady"

"Me" - I've put in an application under BC and never received an ack letter so I don't have a ref number to give you.
"Lady" - There is a 4-6 week wait to generate a Ack letter. When did you apply
"Me" - I called up last week friday and one of your colleagues mentioned that a decision has been made on my case and wanted to be sure the post is sent to the correct address.
"Lady" - Let me check. What's your surname (upon giving her the name)I don't see any record set up on the system yet. I don't see any information. What's your first name?(Upon giving her the information). I am surprised they have made a decision this quick.Oh yes I can see the post has been sent on the 19th July. You didn't receive an ack letter because the decision was taken before the ack letter could be generated!

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:24 pm

1664 wrote:Just called the HO. Conversation between "Me" and the "Lady"

"Me" - I've put in an application under BC and never received an ack letter so I don't have a ref number to give you.
"Lady" - There is a 4-6 week wait to generate a Ack letter. When did you apply
"Me" - I called up last week friday and one of your colleagues mentioned that a decision has been made on my case and wanted to be sure the post is sent to the correct address.
"Lady" - Let me check. What's your surname (upon giving her the name)I don't see any record set up on the system yet. I don't see any information. What's your first name?(Upon giving her the information). I am surprised they have made a decision this quick.Oh yes I can see the post has been sent on the 19th July. You didn't receive an ack letter because the decision was taken before the ack letter could be generated!
wounderfull news......goodluck
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Thanks - but they can be so inconsistent - if they want to!
She was wanting to put the phone down as soon as she realised I only applied 7 weeks before!! grr

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:38 pm

1664 wrote:Thanks - but they can be so inconsistent - if they want to!
She was wanting to put the phone down as soon as she realised I only applied 7 weeks before!! grr
you are right they dont go to depth search thats why i have noticed we get different answer whenever we call. for expample if some call fist time they says waiting for allowcation to CW, and then 2nd time they says nothing yet happend with the file.....we cant argu with them atleast UKBA should give them training to avoid access call from the coustomer and save the time and money.
NAZIA XX

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Why you guys advice that we don't mention the ref number when we call to check the progress.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:22 pm

semsem wrote:Why you guys advice that we don't mention the ref number when we call to check the progress.
I guess it doesn't matter now,does it.
It all depends upon who picks your call and is willing to really look for you and disclose the information too..

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Some of the telephone officers are really nice and willing to help. Just finished my call with one of these nice guys, requested my passport back as I need to travel soon. Will that delay my application further!?

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:14 pm

1664 wrote:Thanks - but they can be so inconsistent - if they want to!

so relax thats deffinately an APPROVAL

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Nothg today either