ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Extension Season Ticket Loan And Holiday Sold

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salmanzz

Tier-1 Extension Season Ticket Loan And Holiday Sold

Post by salmanzz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 am

Hello Everyone,

I am applying for Tier 1 General Extension next week. I have all original Salary Slips . I am also preparing Salary Summary Letter from Company.

On my PaySlip it says

Salary **** let say (3000)
Season Ticket Loan 1500

Total 3500

Do i need to mention in summary letter or in visa form that i have Season Ticket Loan, because i am not sure i pay tax on it or not. Should i mention Gross Pay including Season Ticket Loan or without Season Ticket Loan

Similarly on other salary slip

Salary **** let say (3000)
Bonus **** 1500
Holiday Sold **** 50

Total 4550

Do i need to mention in summary letter or form that i have sold my holidays therefore i am getting extra money .

Thanks in advance

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Can sumbody please reply

malikjitin
Newly Registered

Post by malikjitin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:00 am

In first part you wrtoe 3000 + 1500 = 3500, which I dont understand.

Taking for granted it says 4500.

If £1500 was a loan by the company to yourself for some sort of holidays then I would imagine it wouldnt have been taxed as it is payable back to the empoyer. Therefore it wont be included in the taxable salary however you employer need to confirm it in their letter to you to avoid any confusions.

In second part it is very unusual situation that you are selling your holidays. Although there shouldnt be any issues with regards to the bonus as it is taxable anyway however statutory cannot be sold.

Every full time employee is entitles to 28 days statutory holidays in a year which although includes Bank Holidays etc but cannot be replaced with extra working hours. You have to be away from work, it is employers obligation.

So in second part I cannot be sure if you would have been taxed on £50.00.

However in your scenario an explanation letter should help in great deal by the employer.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:30 am

Regarding your season ticket could you please clarify what the arrangements are as how they are treated will be different. The different arrangements and how they are taxed can be found here

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/paye/exb/a-z/p/p ... nsport.htm

With the holiday sale it would be considered as being extra salary, just like the bonus, and will be taxed accordingly. (There are, of course, other considerations as made above).
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks AccountantMatthew and malikjitin for comming back.

Yes you are right i mistakenly quoted 3500 in first part where as it should have been 4500 in total.

So what i have understood so far

Season Ticket Loan is not taxable and i need to mention in separate letter from company. Which Means i have to mention Gross Salary 3000 for that month excluding the amount of 1500 for season ticket loan.

And Holiday sold is taxable and i can include it in my salary statement.

By the way i only need to prove minimum 21k to get visa and even if i don't include that first part i still be able to prove 35k+.

So if i include only my 9 payslips which ads up almost 35k+ would that be ok?

Thanks

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:24 am

Regarding to this link
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/paye/exb/a-z/p/p ... nsport.htm

My employer gave me the full money for season ticket without increasing salary and now they take out portion of every month

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:05 am

season ticket lon is deducted from salary on monthly basis so you can include that amount

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:12 pm

But its not taxable. We can only include the amount which is taxable. If i am right?