ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having Police record spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ENav
Newly Registered

Having Police record spouse

Post by ENav » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi guys,
i am married to a british women , i want to apply for spouse visa ,but my problem is that my spouse have minor police record. Does it affect my appliction?
My 2nd question is if i apply for any other uk visa e.g, student, visit, etc , assume i gt visa of any type above , can i change my visa status to spouse visa then?
Hope u guys wil help me vry soon

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:54 pm

why don't you just apply for spouse visa, as you her spouse????

You definitely cant swap from visitor, and if you applied as a visitor the ECO may wonder whether you'll actually go back within the 6 months!

ENav
Newly Registered

Post by ENav » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:49 pm

STLewis wrote:why don't you just apply for spouse visa, as you her spouse????

You definitely cant swap from visitor, and if you applied as a visitor the ECO may wonder whether you'll actually go back within the 6 months!
i asked in my question , that my wife have minor police record does it effect my visa application

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:46 pm

No it won't affect your application since it's your criminal records they would be checking out, not hers.

ENav
Newly Registered

Post by ENav » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:34 pm

ElenaW wrote:No it won't affect your application since it's your criminal records they would be checking out, not hers.
thanx for your help.