ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobcenter plus requirement advice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coolkat
Newly Registered

Jobcenter plus requirement advice

Post by coolkat » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:42 pm

hello

I have been interviewed by a very good company today. Im really positive about the offer. Now, Im on Tier-2 general expiring in 2 years. The job interview is through an agency and the company who would be employing me already have COS. here comes the problem... Although the job was advertised in one of the approved job sites, its not listed on jobcenter plus. I asked the agency person if they can do this to which he said no.

I donno what do. this could be my big break. Im not worried about the job being taken by some one else as this is a niche job and very few people would be interested. Also, the employer is very impressed.

I donno how to convience the agency. please suggest. I have enough time before i can go for visa so that the job be listed on Jobcenterplus

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 am

If this a job that needs to be advertised in Jobcentre Plus, then talk with the employer directly about this.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:32 pm

i understand what you are saying but this might not be as easy as you say. you know how agencies work.. if not me.. they will try to push other people. all they want is commision. I should have raised this in the interview but i thought the agency can sort this. I wish i can get another change to talk to the employer before the agency feeds some BS.

I still cannot understand why they cannot put a simple advert in jobcenterplus.