ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP! Needed Badly..

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparta

HELP! Needed Badly..

Post by sparta » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:43 am

Hi Guys,
Please advise me about the best action I should take.
I have to submit a reassessment for 2nd attempt so I need TIER 4 extension. I am just waiting for my CAS with the new course end date. The problem is my visa will be expiring on the 3rd of August and my maintenance fund will not be on its 28th day until August 10. I wanted to risk it and try to apply for an extension with an explanation letter about my maintenance fund saying that I just need 1 month just to finish my reassessment in one of my module. The following are my worries:

1. How long is the process for a TIER 4 extension?

2. This is clearly a suicide and a refusal is sure. If the processing time is 1 or 2 months then I will the time to submit my reassessment and if I pass the module I can have my certificate for the PSW.

3. If the extension of my visa will be refused because of the maintenance fund. Can I apply again and switch to PSW when I already have my certificate (given that I pass the module)?

I am also thinking to go home and reapply for an entry clearance in my home country. Here are my dilemmas:

1. If I apply in my home country for an entry clearance will they give me one even if it is only for 2 months extension?

2. I have also maintenance fund running in my home country (£5700) but it will not be on it's 28th day until August 10.

Help me guys. Please..

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:06 pm

When is your new end date? If it is only a month away why are you showing 5700 in maintenance?

sparta

Hi Greenie,

Post by sparta » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:56 pm

My new end date is September 27, 2011.
I have an UK account with £800 running for 3 months now. I have also an account in my home country with £ 5700.