ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Result On-line report to UKBA!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ultimate12570

Post by ultimate12570 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for FLR (M) but i need some advice from you guys about English Language Test, actually i have done IELTS with 6.5 Bands but it was expired in July 2010 so now i have done another English language test KET (Key English Test) Level A2 from Cambridge University but i have got my Result Online on University of Cambridge Website (Pass with Merit) which i printed out but my Original Certificate will be sent out to me at the end of August 2011, i have a copy of my Online result report and a letter from the centre where i sat in this test, so my question is can i apply for FLR (M) with Online result copy with the centre letter that i have passed this test but my Original test certificate will be sent to me on 30 August 2011, will that be okay?

I have read on UKBA English Language requirement for Spouse visa and they have mentioned KEY (Key English Test) from cambridge univeristy but documents required with this test need Original certificate along with candidate ID and Secret Number for the online verification of this test! for UKBA.

ultimate12570

Re: English Language Result On-line report to UKBA!

Post by ultimate12570 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:18 pm

ultimate12570 wrote:Hi,

I want to apply for FLR (M) but i need some advice from you guys about English Language Test, actually i have done IELTS with 6.5 Bands but it was expired in July 2010 so now i have done another English language test KET (Key English Test) Level A2 from Cambridge University but i have got my Result Online on University of Cambridge Website (Pass with Merit) which i printed out but my Original Certificate will be sent out to me at the end of August 2011, i have a copy of my Online result report and a letter from the centre where i sat in this test, so my question is can i apply for FLR (M) with Online result copy with the centre letter that i have passed this test but my Original test certificate will be sent to me on 30 August 2011, will that be okay?

I have read on UKBA English Language requirement for Spouse visa and they have mentioned KEY (Key English Test) from cambridge univeristy but documents required with this test need Original certificate along with candidate ID and Secret Number for the online verification of this test! for UKBA.
is there anybody who have been through in the similar situation before? or advice me what to do? shall i wait for my Original certificate to be delivered and then apply FLR (M)??

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:49 pm

If the UKBA ask for the original certificate then wait for the certificate. Its a pain but you don't want to risk a refusal for this simple matter. I had to wait 5 weeks for my husbands test certificate also, compare this to waiting 12 days to recieve the visa!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:41 pm

I assume when you say that your IELTS expired this was because it was issued over 2 years ago. Can you show that you have continued use of the English language since then? If so, a member recently in the same situation as yourself successfully applied for FLR(M) by submitting the old IELTS certificate with proof that they had been using English continually, together with the information that they were awaiting the additional qualification certificate.

ultimate12570

Post by ultimate12570 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:51 am

Casa wrote:I assume when you say that your IELTS expired this was because it was issued over 2 years ago. Can you show that you have continued use of the English language since then? If so, a member recently in the same situation as yourself successfully applied for FLR(M) by submitting the old IELTS certificate with proof that they had been using English continually, together with the information that they were awaiting the additional qualification certificate.
Thanks for replying to my query Casa and Skypepark!

ultimate12570

Post by ultimate12570 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:46 am

ultimate12570 wrote:
Casa wrote:I assume when you say that your IELTS expired this was because it was issued over 2 years ago. Can you show that you have continued use of the English language since then? If so, a member recently in the same situation as yourself successfully applied for FLR(M) by submitting the old IELTS certificate with proof that they had been using English continually, together with the information that they were awaiting the additional qualification certificate.
Thanks for replying to my query Casa and Skypepark!
Hi Casa,

could you please shed some light on proof of use of english continually bcoz Pisko was studying english language course for 2 years but i was not studying any englsih language course due to the fact that i already had my IELTS with 6.5 and my course doesn't require any english language test because it is NQF Level 6 above course so i was exempted from english language requirement when i sent my extension and it was granted but i did attach my expired IELTS certifcate anyway, so how can i provide continued use of english language docs???