ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:00 am

Salaam peeps

I am a new member on this forum and would like to say congratulation to all the people who recently have been granted settlement visa for their spouses and also for all those people who are still awaiting decision keep your faith in ALLAH as HE is the GREATEST so just pray and remember HIM.

Can someone please advise me on what happens if BHC contact you and you are not able to attend the call either because you were busy either at work or busy doing something else. Also does the number appears on the screen or is it shown as blocked.

Your replies will be much appreciated.

Regards

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:52 am

I have not got any news yet. The Application has been processed as per 14th July reply from BHC but do not know why its taking too long for "Ready to Collect" status.

nazema wrote:Just a quick question - when you go to collect your passport, do they return all the documents which you submitted?

Everyday_4_u and Okara87 have you not heard anything yet?

wassap

Post by wassap » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:41 pm

vsimplek wrote:Pleas share which airline is best from Lahore to Manchester and how much thanks?
Personally PIA is better as its a non stop flight. Its so tiring travelling in PK, so its better to go with the least hassle option.

Ive flown with emirates before, and the flight is much better, but its just too tiring when you have to change over in Dubai.Plus the baggage is 40 kg with PIA and as we all know, us folk like to stick everything in our bags, including the Spam sink!

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:57 pm

lynxukauq wrote:Salaam peeps

I am a new member on this forum and would like to say congratulation to all the people who recently have been granted settlement visa for their spouses and also for all those people who are still awaiting decision keep your faith in ALLAH as HE is the GREATEST so just pray and remember HIM.

Can someone please advise me on what happens if BHC contact you and you are not able to attend the call either because you were busy either at work or busy doing something else. Also does the number appears on the screen or is it shown as blocked.

Your replies will be much appreciated.

Regards
they will try to contact u again sometimes they might try to contact u on a different number if u av given an alternative number, they normally phne from islamabad so u will see the number

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Lmao FaithHill, wassup with the blank quote hahaha

Damn Dilse, stupid bridge! Hope no bridge comes on ur way on Monday.

okara87, hang in there, it'll be all over soon enough. Think of it like this, aahh I waited 13 weeks now, 1 week more is nothing compared to 13 weeks. Maybe the delay is for the best :). Maintain faith and hang in there.

Naila, I gathered this information from this thread some time ago....

Send an email to uktbappointments@iom.int to book an appointment for TB Screening test
Hehehe lolzzzz actually I replied to ur post but as it was toooo long , I simply thought let's write a separate reply lolzzzz. How sunny today. And a boring Saturday so far..
Mention the following details when requesting to book an appointment with them on the earlier time available

Applicant’s name:
Applicant’s date of birth:
Applicant’s passport number:
Reason of test: (Visa type)
Country of application:
City of test:
Contact Number:

I think that's the only way to make appointments "online", by email. Maybe not possible to do it via a website (i.e. filling in a form).

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Hehehe lolzzzz actually ur reply was toooo long , that I 'd written half of the reply but then thought to post a separate one looololzzzz really sorry have again made that mistake. Lmao! Actually I'm emptying few bins soooo that's kind of making me .... Ukhhhhuh boring work :/

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Guys.. just a quick question do they always make contact with your employers????

As my employers have not been contacted as yet.. I worry as staff at work might not pass the call over to my manager.. if they say my manager is unavailable would they email my manager instead???

Thanks

Good Luck to ALL those waiting!
Allah is the greatest!

wassap

Post by wassap » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:35 pm

I havent been contacted chap.Not as far as I know anyway, but ive got 10-11 years service with a bluechip company, so maybe thats why.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:45 pm

lol boooooooooo @ boring work :P

wassap and Exquisit33, the calls made to employers is 100% random. There is no set reason why they may call. It is entirely up to the discretion of the ECO to make the call.

It is an action of by chance so Exquisit, if your employer has not been contacted then don't worry at all. If your manager is unavailable at the time then they will try again and the email bit is a MAYBE.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:33 pm

vsimplek wrote:Pleas share which airline is best from Lahore to Manchester and how much thanks?
There is a direct PIA flight from Lahore-Manchester.Other option is Emriates which is VIA Dubai and takes 11-13 hours to reach at Manchester.

For Manchester Air-Blue is not bad and very affordable price.Problem is this flight is from Islamabad only.I have once experienced of this and service is ok.

If you are looking for economical price then Air Blue is best

Shahzad
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

vsimplek

Post by vsimplek » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks wassap and shahzad80

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:04 pm

wassap wrote:
Personally PIA is better as its a non stop flight. Its so tiring travelling in PK, so its better to go with the least hassle option.

Ive flown with emirates before, and the flight is much better, but its just too tiring when you have to change over in Dubai.Plus the baggage is 40 kg with PIA and as we all know, us folk like to stick everything in our bags, including the Spam sink!
Yeah PIA is easier because of no stops but i have to admit it is a rubbish plane, cabin crew are always rude. I prefer the emirates. If i travel alone i usually go on PIA but if im with a few others then its emirates all the way.

nazema

Post by nazema » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi All,

My husband is going to Gerry's (VAC) on Monday but as the time to find out is coming closer, I am starting to panic and have started worrying now as to what the outcome will be. I strongly believe ALLAH will do what is best for us.

Please pray that my husband is granted a Visa, thanks

wassap

Post by wassap » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:33 pm

nazema wrote:Hi All,

My husband is going to Gerry's (VAC) on Monday but as the time to find out is coming closer, I am starting to panic and have started worrying now as to what the outcome will be. I strongly believe ALLAH will do what is best for us.

Please pray that my husband is granted a Visa, thanks
The missus is going aswell,Im a bag of nerves at the moment. But what ever the decision, its whatever allah wills, everything happens for a reason.By 11am monday i'll know!!!!

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:11 pm

nazema and wassap, best of luck to you both :)

Inshallah all will be well 8)

wassap

Post by wassap » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Shadow bud can you update the spreadsheet as per my sig, whilst the initial aplication was submitted on 2/5 we had to go back to do the biometrics on the 10/5, and thats the application ref no that has been updated, not the 1st ref no!
Submitted on 10/05/2011
Visa application is under process at British High Commission 18/05/2011
No interviews or Employer calls or emails
Ready for collection on 22/07/11

ILR granted 19/9/2013
Awaiting BRP!

Result?????

vsimplek

Post by vsimplek » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:16 am

wassap and nazema i am sure both you will get visa inshaallah

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Me and My wife both are pakistani and we are in u.k,i m on student visa and my child is due in october will he get get british citizenship or not as me and my wife both are pakistani nationals,,,,,,

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:29 pm

NO.

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Visa granted.

Post by IndyRhodes » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Just a simple update for anybody who might be interested. I have not posted recently as I have had nothing to report.

My wife (Pakistani) and I (British) applied for her spouse visa in September 2010. The original application was refused because the ECO claimed one of my wife's documents was "not issued by the Pakistani authorities", although they gave no actual evidence for this. In the light of this they also alleged that our marriage was invalid, despite all evidence being to the contrary.

We appealed in January asking for a quick review. In our grounds we included a letter from the local Union Council refuting all the ECO allegations; it took one letter to him, and one day to obtain.

I contacted my MP, who wrote to the UKBA. I am not sure exactly whether this had any ultimate impact, but it may have added some weight.

Only on 3rd June did the Home Office withdraw their original refusal. My wife's visa was issued on 20th July. She is arriving on Tuesday, the 26th July inshallah.

So, if you stick with it, the system works. But the trauma, upset, delays, wasted time and massive additional expense all take the shine off what should be a wonderful time for a couple. My trust in UK immigration is completely shot. It seems to me that if you intend coming from the sub-continent, then they will do anything to try to thwart you. They ask you to provide everything, but when they refuse they provide nothing. All the cards are with them, nothing with you. Until this imbalance is redressed genuine couples will continue to regard the Immigration authorities with suspicion.

If you are in a similar situation to us, then I wish you all the very best...you're going to need it :wink:

Andy and Azra

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Heyyyyyyy IndyRhodes, been wondering where you went. Congrats on the visa! :D

It is unfortunate that you and your wife have had to go through such dilemma to get the visa, but alhamdulillah you made it now :)

As for c4551m, I thought parents nationality had nothing to do with the citizenship of a baby born in the country? Then again maybe AUHS is correct because I did read somewhere that if a parent of a child born outside UK is British born then that child automatically becomes a British citizen... so perhaps nationality of parents is a factor in determining the child's nationality.

nazema

Post by nazema » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks Shadow86, Simplevk and Wassup. I am away due to work tomorrow but as soon as I find out I will try and let you all know.

Thanks for your wishes again!

Nazema

nazema

Post by nazema » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Sorry I meant vsimplek not simplevk!

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Post by IndyRhodes » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Heyyyyyyy IndyRhodes, been wondering where you went. Congrats on the visa! :D

It is unfortunate that you and your wife have had to go through such dilemma to get the visa, but alhamdulillah you made it now :)
Ah, thanks Shadow! U know, I love this forum, but sometimes reading all about everyone's trials and tribulations just made me feel even worse. Hopefully now that it is all resolved for me I may be of a bit more use lol.