ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:40 pm

semsem wrote:Some of the telephone officers are really nice and willing to help. Just finished my call with one of these nice guys, requested my passport back as I need to travel soon. Will that delay my application further!?
Hi semsem,

how did you request ur passport? did you provide your flight ticket?
How did u apply ? are they going to send it to ur home address or solicitor if you have one?
I spoke to HO and they have said that may delay the application!!!
I need to travel soon and I want to request my passport

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:52 pm

mego_1980 wrote:
semsem wrote:Some of the telephone officers are really nice and willing to help. Just finished my call with one of these nice guys, requested my passport back as I need to travel soon. Will that delay my application further!?
Hi semsem,

how did you request ur passport? did you provide your flight ticket?
How did u apply ? are they going to send it to ur home address or solicitor if you have one?
I spoke to HO and they have said that may delay the application!!!
I need to travel soon and I want to request my passport
They will send it to my home address even though I submitted my application through a solicitor. They just ask for the reason for requesting the passport (travelling). On the website, they said it shouldn't delay the application as they should photocopy it and record all the information they need. Also if you apply through the NCS you keep the passport but again I am worried that they delay the application further.

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm

[quote="semsem"]

They will send it to my home address even though I submitted my application through a solicitor. They just ask for the reason for requesting the passport (travelling). On the website, they said it shouldn't delay the application as they should photocopy it and record all the information they need. quote]

Thanks for your replay,
Do you have the link for their website? When are you going to travel as I will travel on 11th August?
I am surprised that they will send your passport to your home address even if you applied through a solicitor

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:16 am

Nothing today folks

Member of Standing

p

Post by 1664 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:26 am

vipul1981 wrote:Nothing today folks
I was thinking you should receive it today esp when it was posted Thursday last week.
Well look forward to next week now mate.
My post hasn't arrived for the day yet.

Member of Standing

Re: p

Post by 1664 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:32 pm

1664 wrote:
I was thinking you should receive it today esp when it was posted Thursday last week.
Just got my letters come through....its an approval.
Letter dated 12th July.

Best wishes to all

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:51 pm

waoooo congrates mate its realy good news xx
NAZIA XX

lionking007

Re:

Post by lionking007 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:37 pm

1664 wrote:
1664 wrote:
Letter dated 12th July.

Best wishes to all

Congrats well deserved

Member of Standing

Re:

Post by 1664 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Thanks to all.

Vipul you should get it on Monday (work from home!)

Good luck to all waiting.

chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:47 pm

1664 wrote:Just called the HO. Conversation between "Me" and the "Lady"

"Me" - I've put in an application under BC and never received an ack letter so I don't have a ref number to give you.
"Lady" - There is a 4-6 week wait to generate a Ack letter. When did you apply
"Me" - I called up last week friday and one of your colleagues mentioned that a decision has been made on my case and wanted to be sure the post is sent to the correct address.
"Lady" - Let me check. What's your surname (upon giving her the name)I don't see any record set up on the system yet. I don't see any information. What's your first name?(Upon giving her the information). I am surprised they have made a decision this quick.Oh yes I can see the post has been sent on the 19th July. You didn't receive an ack letter because the decision was taken before the ack letter could be generated!
Some people are under the impression that applying for British citizen goes through the same checks as working for the secret service!

I believe these so called "enhanced checks" are simply looking up basic info on a computer screen.

With regards to declaring convictions abroad - I am not advocating breaking the law - but the Home office have no sophisticated computer in place that can do these checks abroad and rely on honesty.

HTH

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Great stuff. Congratulations mate. Brilliant news. Really happy for u.

Ya hopefully Monday or Tuesday I should get it.

U celebrate the moment mate

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Hey guys. Not to sound whiny, but my application has been lodged on May 3rd. Come Tuesday, my application will be in its 13th week! Called yesterday and was told its awaiting allocation. Anyone here still waiting for about the same time?

cogunde

Post by cogunde » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:09 pm

1664 wrote:
1664 wrote:
Letter dated 12th July.

Best wishes to all

Congrats mate ... Vipul1981, should definitely show up next week. Hang in there!

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:36 pm

1664 wrote:
1664 wrote:
Letter dated 12th July.

Best wishes to all

finally..... Big CONGRAT

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Cogunde, thanks mate. I hope so too. I am getting bit impatient now

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks cogunde , thanks forwardever.
Good luck vipul and all waiting.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:45 pm

by looking at the trend of results on this forum, it is definitely sure that there are (may) be two different teams/groups, one of which processes applications sincerely and thats why decision turn around time is about 6 weeks for some applications and for other team it goes over 10 weeks. Dont know if this is inefficiecny of one of the team or two teams follow two differnt processes?

Recently govt announced that there may be a redundancy round for UKBA employess, because of this may be some workers are working slowly so that there is always a backlog of application and govt will think before layoff (?)

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:36 pm

where did you get all those information or its just your perception
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Nazia88 wrote:where did you get all those information or its just your perception
just wild guess... :wink:

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:46 pm

i am also worried and think alot but i dont think its anything like that but i could only say goodluck for those who got processed earlier then us that all but still got hope x
NAZIA XX

hmw
Newly Registered

Post by hmw » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Perhaps a simpler answer could be that in June 2011, lot more applications were received and hence, processing slowed down considerably. It could be that people, wary of the June 2011 changes being re-instated at some point in time, applied as soon as they were eligible. And the others who had been considering naturalisation, but had not done so yet, applied just to be on the safe side. Or then perhaps the government wishes to scrutinise the applications more thoroughly.

But yes there's a clear slowdown in the approval process. For example the earlier batch had their fees taken within 2-5 days. Now it takes 3 weeks ...

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:00 am

hmw wrote:Perhaps a simpler answer could be that in June 2011, lot more applications were received and hence, processing slowed down considerably. It could be that people, wary of the June 2011 changes being re-instated at some point in time, applied as soon as they were eligible. And the others who had been considering naturalisation, but had not done so yet, applied just to be on the safe side. Or then perhaps the government wishes to scrutinise the applications more thoroughly.

But yes there's a clear slowdown in the approval process. For example the earlier batch had their fees taken within 2-5 days. Now it takes 3 weeks ...
Well i dont think any the idea of scrutinising application more thoroughly is right. if so why some of the applications get results so quickly...and also if the processing hasnt started even after 10 weeks...what kind of checks they are doing?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:01 am

all the application gose to scrutinising process none of the application by pass any requirement. so we have no idea how some applicant get approved within 5 or 6 week and others waiting for mounths.
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:04 am

rnr79 wrote:lasam,daniash,nazia88,karwan1...and all other users on this forum, who are wiating for their approvals i just want to share one thing...let us see if that helps....

I was totally normally for 6-7 weeks after i submitted the application, i got distubred only after i called then 3-4 weeks ago....i think there is no point calling HO it just makes you more anxious and disappointed with the stupid and illogical answers...so better not call them at all...i am just going to forget that i have applied for the naturalisation and just get on with normal life...no matter even thoguh it is rejected its not the end of the world...We dont get this life again so why spend days worrying...just enjoy the life with what we have at present....I am not gonna call HO at all...let them send what ever decision the want, when they are done with the appplication....

I said this morning i am not going to read/write posts here regarding the application...and promise this is my last post regarding complaints about application process...

Goodluck guys....I will come back and update here when i get decision
i think rnr79 you couldnt resist and you made some complaints and post the comments. its good you should post i dont think its worng anyway welcome back lol :lol: :lol:
NAZIA XX

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:34 am

just called HO.

They said my post should have arrived by now. Not sure why it is delayed.

If I don't receive it by 28th, they will re-issue duplicate