ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost my foreign passport. IPS want it now what to do?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johnty

Lost my foreign passport. IPS want it now what to do?

Post by johnty » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:29 pm

Hello

I have lost my passport just after receiving it back from Naturalisation documents come back.

After the citizenship ceremony when I applied for passport I did not have the old passport to send it with. IPS hav asked me to send old passport and if can't send explain why.
My question is if I just send my Driving Licence instead will they accept it? and issue British passoport?

Regards

Nazia88

Re: Lost my foreign passport. IPS want it now what to do?

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:44 pm

johnty wrote:Hello

I have lost my passport just after receiving it back from Naturalisation documents come back.

After the citizenship ceremony when I applied for passport I did not have the old passport to send it with. IPS hav asked me to send old passport and if can't send explain why.
My question is if I just send my Driving Licence instead will they accept it? and issue British passoport?

Regards
did you report to the nearst police station ??? as far as i know they wont accept your Driving Licence. If you havnt reported yet about your passport report it and get the police report and send to IPS with cover letter expalining everything.

hope this will help......goodluck
NAZIA XX

johnty

Post by johnty » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Nazia88 wrote: get the police report and send to IPS with cover letter expalining everything.

hope this will help......goodluck
Thanks
anybody knows if they will accept the police report and issue passport?

regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:07 pm

johnty wrote:
Thanks
anybody knows if they will accept the police report and issue passport?

regards
Call the Passport Adviceline (0300 222 0000) and ask.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:25 pm

yeah best to call them but if you have lost your passport then you should report anyway.
NAZIA XX

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Nazia88 wrote:yeah best to call them but if you have lost your passport then you should report anyway.
Nazia is right. Report it ASAP and inform your local embassy and also send a covering letter to ips with the crime ref number, they will need this before they proceed with your application for a uk passport.