ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW visa, please help! help! help!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kesh117
Newly Registered

PSW visa, please help! help! help!

Post by kesh117 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:25 pm

I am on a student visa living in the UK. I am doing Masters in MBA(HR), which I will have finished by January 2012. My visa expires on 31st of Jan,2012, but I can get my results only in March or April, 2012.

I would like to know how am I going to be able to apply for the PSW visa without leaving the country while my visa expires in January.

I have also read that UKBA is going to close the PSW scheme in April? And I would like to know about the Tier2 work permit too.

Furthermore, I would like to get more information on different other options which might be of importance to me to stay in the UK such as setting up a business, invest in a business, buy a property legally by going through one of these steps.

I look forward to getting some advice! please!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:12 am

If they consider your PSW application before you're awarded your degree, then you may be refused.
If you apply after your leave expires, then your PSW application must be perfect. If refused, then you will have no right of appeal and may be subject to a ban.

Else, if possible, apply for Tier 2 before your leave expires.

Alternatively, do not overstay and make an application from your home country.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

divarien

Post by divarien » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:55 pm

HI mate.. guess you gotta gather more information regarding this !!!

Make sure when your university is going to issue the provisional result letter for the psw... without that you cant apply ... you need either official degree certificate or provisional...
In that case if your leave expires end of jan i think you would have to apply from your home country before April if you receive the university letter(if u r lucky) ...

As vinny has suggested about tier 2 i dono about those options ....

moulie18

Call HOme office

Post by moulie18 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Ours was the same!

CAS LETTER stated that Course finishes 08th April, 2011. But Home office issued a visa till June, 2011.

In March, 2011(1 month before visa expire), I called to UKBA and asked for info.

They said that, if I am doing degree course, UKBA SHOULD(must) give visa +4 months of my study finish date.

I then sent my passport and the Visa card back to UKBA (solihull, where I got visa).

In 2 weeks they extended my visa until 8th of August. (Which is April +4 minths)

I did not pay anything... They said that SLIGHT MISTAKE has been done.

Call them and talk to them before your visa expires...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:04 pm

divarien wrote:HI mate.. guess you gotta gather more information regarding this !!!

Make sure when your university is going to issue the provisional result letter for the psw... without that you cant apply ... you need either official degree certificate or provisional...
In that case if your leave expires end of jan i think you would have to apply from your home country before April if you receive the university letter(if u r lucky) ...

As vinny has suggested about tier 2 i dono about those options ....
it is not a provisional result letter that is required. If the applicant does not have his degree certificate because it has not yet been issued he can only apply as long as the final results have been announced and he he has been awarded his degree by his institution. The letter provided by the university needs Jo confirm the degree has been awarded. Provisional certificates are not accepted.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Call HOme office

Post by Greenie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:07 pm

moulie18 wrote:Ours was the same!

CAS LETTER stated that Course finishes 08th April, 2011. But Home office issued a visa till June, 2011.

In March, 2011(1 month before visa expire), I called to UKBA and asked for info.

They said that, if I am doing degree course, UKBA SHOULD(must) give visa +4 months of my study finish date.

I then sent my passport and the Visa card back to UKBA (solihull, where I got visa).

In 2 weeks they extended my visa until 8th of August. (Which is April +4 minths)

I did not pay anything... They said that SLIGHT MISTAKE has been done.

Call them and talk to them before your visa expires...
ukba is not required to give an additional 4 months after the end of the course just because it is degree level. It is only if the course is more than 12 months long that an additional 4 months will be given. If the course is between 6 and 12 months and additional 2 months will be given.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: PSW visa, please help! help! help!

Post by Greenie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:08 pm

kesh117 wrote:I am on a student visa living in the UK. I am doing Masters in MBA(HR), which I will have finished by January 2012. My visa expires on 31st of Jan,2012, but I can get my results only in March or April, 2012.

I would like to know how am I going to be able to apply for the PSW visa without leaving the country while my visa expires in January.

I have also read that UKBA is going to close the PSW scheme in April? And I would like to know about the Tier2 work permit too.

Furthermore, I would like to get more information on different other options which might be of importance to me to stay in the UK such as setting up a business, invest in a business, buy a property legally by going through one of these steps.

I look forward to getting some advice! please!
has you end date changed since you were issued your visa?what was the start date of your course?