ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Automated Mandatory Checks" ~Returning Residents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

concerned _sponsor

"Automated Mandatory Checks" ~Returning Residents

Post by concerned _sponsor » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Dear All:

I have now been following up with the Dy HC with regards the issue of my father's Returning Resident's Visa. When I get through on their helpline (which is not easy) - I am told that the passport/application is going through "automated mandatory checks". When I asked what this meant - I got stonewalled yet again.

Does anyone know what these checks are ? Or are these simply further delaying tactics ?

Thanks

concerned _sponsor

Re: "Automated Mandatory Checks" ~Returning Reside

Post by concerned _sponsor » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Dear All
Please see connected post.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 608#518608
concerned _sponsor wrote:Dear All:

I have now been following up with the Dy HC with regards the issue of my father's Returning Resident's Visa. When I get through on their helpline (which is not easy) - I am told that the passport/application is going through "automated mandatory checks". When I asked what this meant - I got stonewalled yet again.

Does anyone know what these checks are ? Or are these simply further delaying tactics ?

Thanks

concerned _sponsor

Passport and Visa received

Post by concerned _sponsor » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Dear All:
My father has received his passport with UK Entry Clearance as a Returning Residents Visa (Multiple Entry/Indefinite Leave to Remain) ..... although the Dy HC did not insist as a pre-requisite, they sent my father a copy of form APP 09, which is a withdrawal of appeal form.

I feel they're hoping that my father will sign and the other outstanding appeal (Settlement as an Elderly Dependant Parent) will go away, rather than they (UKBA DyHC) having to withdraw their decision (APL1.9, APL1.20 and APL1.21), see

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/appeals/aplprocedures

Any advice ?

By the way, the DyHC scratched only the refusal stamp relating to the Returning Residents Visa. The refusal stamp pertaining to the Settlement as Elderly Dependant Parent has not been scratched.

Thanks !!

concerned _sponsor wrote:Dear All
Please see connected post.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 608#518608
concerned _sponsor wrote:Dear All:

Thanks