ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success PEO Solihull (WP+ICT+Tier1) 2 dependents 22 July

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jack.17247
Newly Registered

ILR success PEO Solihull (WP+ICT+Tier1) 2 dependents 22 July

Post by jack.17247 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:31 am

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank a lot to this forum. It has helped me out in sorting out lots of queries & guided me with correct information.

We (myself + 2 dependents) are granted ILR on 22th July at Solihull PEO.

Appointment : 22th July @ 11:30am
Place : Solihull, Birmingham

Visa history : WP (2006 to 2008), ICT (2009 to 2010) & Tier-1 (2010 to 2011)
Absence from UK : 30 days in 5 years
Employment history : Worked for same employer for 5 years

We reached PEO at 11:00. I attended PEO along with my wife & daughter. We all cleared airport style security. I provided booking number (received via SMS from UKBA) to them & they verified my name & confirmed appointment. I was asked for SET(O) form for basic verification like, whether I have filled out correct version of form and filled out dependents information. Got the token number & were asked to take a seat in waiting area. It took almost 10-15 mins to complete initial formalities. It was around 11:15am.

We waited almost an hour for our turn to come. According PEO, there were running late since morning. Around 12:15, I was called to proceed to counter for an interview. Point to note is, I was interviewed before paying fee (which was £2700 in my case) for premium service.

At interview counter,

I was asked for application form & passports initially. Officer confirmed to whom working for & what role am I playing currently. After looking through application form, he keyed in information into the system (possibly) to fetch out my previous & current immigration detail.

1. To start with, I was asked for 12 months salary slips (in case period was May 10 to April 11). He carried out gross total out of 12 slips to make sure whether I am meeting earning criteria, which was earned during my previous Tier-1 application and then cross verified net deposited amount with corresponding bank statements. In my case total was higher than previous Tier-1 application.

2. Then, I was asked to provide latest 3 month salary slips & bank statements.

3. He verified leaves outside UK. In my case it was not an issue, as I was out of country for only 30 days in 5 years of time.

4. LiUK pass notification letter for myself & spouse.

5. Co-habitation proof for my spouse. I started with rental agreement (as it is in joint name) from August 2008 till date. He did not look much convinced with agreement proof and he wanted to see some proof from bank, local councils & government departments, hospital letters spread across entire period of 2 years.

I provided bank statements from couple of banks on her name from July 2009, then electoral registration letter. He wanted to see couple of proofs in our joint name. I had bank statements from one of the bank in our joint name. I also provided year 2011 & 2012 council tax demand
certificate, which has joint names. He accepted both as proof. Even he was not ready to accept letter addressing my wife from UKBA, which was provided during Tier 1 switch. That was quite interest sing.

6. He wanted to see bank statements confirming reasonable balance, as I do not keep money in my current account, where salary gets deposited.

Finally, the moment arrived which I was waiting for. He said that he has verified an application & proofs and is happy to grant ILR provided, he needs to carry out criminality checks on both us, which they usually run with every application and should not be an issue.

Entire process took 30 mins. Then, I was requested to pay premium service fee. It was around 12:50.

Since it was busy day for PEO, officer requested us to come back around 2:45pm to pick up passports.

We had our lunch and wondered around mall & high street. Mall "TouchWood" & high street in walking distance of 5 mins from PEO. We arrived PEO back around 2:45 and had to wait for another an hour.

Finally, around 3:45pm my token number was announced to go to reception to collect our passports. Our passports were returned to us with

ILR granted.

Summary, was asked for following:

1. 12 month salary slips for claimed period along with corresponding bank statements
2. Last 3 months salary slips & bank statements confirming salary deposited
3. LiUK pass notification letters for both of us
4. Council tax demand certificate & joint bank statements (co-habitation)
5. Bank statements in my name showing balance
6. Passports for all of us
7. Photographs

Came back to London last night with full of joys..

Thank you all. I wish all of you a good luck with your ILR applications. I am more than happy to answer your queries..

Best Wishes,
Jack.17247

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Hello Jack - Congratulations.
After going through your experience I am bit worried about my cohabit proofs. I have an appointment in couple of days in solihull, thinking if same guy comes, looks difficult to manage as I have only following documents towards cohabitation proofs.

1. Water bill from only Oct 10 (on both names)
2. GPregistration letter generated on 2007 (this is not current location)

Can any one share your views, those would be fine to manage?
Urgent, please suggest.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:12 am

Can anyone pls respond to me on above point 1 and 2.

I made a mistake by not changing addresses in Bank at a time for my wife and me :( now, it become diffiicult to manage. I dont have any documents on my wife name on 2009. But I have many documents in 2007 and again from 2011.

Do they accept 2007 letters?

Please respond