ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employee Refrence Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kapszone
Newly Registered

Employee Refrence Letter

Post by kapszone » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi All, I picked the employer refrence letter format from this site, but there has been a mistake which I just noticed. My letter states my salary, my joining date, my work permit details, SOC code.
They also mentioned my absence from UK which was only 2 days in last five year work related, but they wrongly mentioned as 15 June 2010 but actual date was 15 June 2011.

So I think this letter will not work now, as absence date is not correct.

I have got another letter from employer stating my salary and that I am still required by my company but no SOC code. Here is a snippet of the letter:

I would like to confirm that <emp-name> is employed with <companyname> as a <designation>.
His employement commenced on date xxxx.xx.xx. His annual gross salary is xxxxxxx and he is still required by <companyname> in his current role.

Do you think this will work ? if not, can I postpone my date on Monday morning ? I have an appointment for Monday 11:00

kapszone
Newly Registered

Post by kapszone » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Just to add one more point,

The current letter salary only states my basic salary but I normally receive other allowance like overtime, do you think employer should state my allowances ?

or only basic salary will work, my salary slip does state the basic salary but it also has other components paid to me.

kapszone
Newly Registered

Post by kapszone » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:23 pm

This is my letter where dates went wrong:

This is to state that [Applicant name] is presently employed with [company name] since xxxxxxx and presently holds the job title of [applicants job title]

His current salary is xxxxxxx, in addition to it he also receives shift allowance which is xxxx and overtime, which is a variable component as per company needs.

His absence from UK which was 15th June 2010 and 16th June 2010 was business related to xxxxxxxxx.

[Applicants name]'s service as an employee are still required and he will continue to remain employed with [company name] in foreseeable future.

Year 2010 is a typo, can I still show them this letter atleast to cover the salary part ? absence was for only 2 days for which I have all the letters like hotel reservation/employer lettter at that time when I was going away bcoz I applied for the visa

kapszone
Newly Registered

Post by kapszone » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:28 am

HI Experts, please advice..

Will the employer letter with basic salary will work ? or they should mention each and every component of salary what I get in payslip in this letter ?

Also no SOC code, I have employer letter which only states my basic salary and I am still required by them in current role.