ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Maintenance Fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guaravd

Dependent Maintenance Fund

Post by guaravd » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:00 pm

I am confused with the maintenance fund fact coz there is different info floating every where. I hereby request all to please provide me with accurate information on the same.

I am in UK for less than 12 months and my wife is in India. I want to call her to UK on dependant visa. Kindly suggest what maintenance fund do i have to show????

santhoap

Post by santhoap » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi Gaurav :

I agree that guidance is not clear on this. Each visa office follow their own numbers. To avoid any surprise, follow the below number :

If main applicant is in UK less than 1 year, £2400 for main applicant + £1600 for each dependent.

If main applicant is in UK more than 1 year, £800 for main applicant + £533 for each dependent.

Hope this helps...

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:23 pm

To be on the safe side...apply the criteria for less than 1 year. That way it removes any amiguity and chances of error by the visa officer. If you read the forum, you will see several cases where the visa officer made an error. You can always appeal but it takes time. So if you satisy the less than 1 year criteria, you are completely safe.