ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Record for in or out for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roza

UKBA Record for in or out for ILR

Post by roza » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Dear All,
Could anybody let me know that UKBA maintain exit and entry record from UK, because UKBA have not exit control system?
Do they believe on applicant's statement or
Do they check their own system as well?
Thanks

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:17 pm

They have everyone's record of exit and entrance.they have software for that.Dont doubt their ability.

farah

Post by farah » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Apparently case workers at PEO are not having record of going out of UK and coming back of applicants applying for ILR. That is the reason that dozens of members of this board have reported that case workers were checking that from stamps in their passports.

There is a e-border thing but apparently case worker has no direct access to that data. Data is from 2008 onward and not fully covers all airlines.
One can make SAR to e-borders to be sure of his data.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:38 pm

farah wrote:One can make SAR to e-borders to be sure of his data.
How we can apply for SAR to e-borders? Is it using the same form/procedure OR it is a separate department and comes under Freedon of Information.
The question is... to be or not to be....

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:54 am

e-borders is within UKBA and blew is the weblink:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/trave ... assengers/

I think request is to be made to:
DPU SAR
UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

But in respect of data of e-borders only

jager

Post by jager » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:38 pm

farah wrote:Apparently case workers at PEO are not having record of going out of UK and coming back of applicants applying for ILR. That is the reason that dozens of members of this board have reported that case workers were checking that from stamps in their passports.

There is a e-border thing but apparently case worker has no direct access to that data. Data is from 2008 onward and not fully covers all airlines.
One can make SAR to e-borders to be sure of his data.
I did a SAR specifically for any UKBA information about my absences (about 300 days in total). All they could come up with was a copy of my very first entry card from 5 years ago. So assuming they aren't concealing anything, I doubt the caseworkers have access to any historical information about entry/exit dates. Even if you registered for IRIS, that information seems to be in a separate department.

Despite the UKBA's rhetoric about their wonderful databases and tough immigration checks, they still haven't joined their systems up.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:29 pm

I suppose they use the more conventional way of checking the dates....read and write from every page of submitted passport.

@Jager: another member has received the same sort of letter. So this means that nothing in their system.

@ Jami: If we have to send the SAR request to e-Borders, which is at the same address as mentioned in your reply, will they be able to coordinate with the UKBA to come with a different set of dates for entry/exit. OR we have to apply separately to both of them.

This entry/exit issue is becoming more and more complicated....
The question is... to be or not to be....

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:31 am

I think where absences is point of major concern one should send separate request on the same address specifically mentioning data of E-borders.

If other data is also required than two requests be made. By spending extra GBP 10 hopefully one would be better informed and relaxed.