ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) Section 2 - Dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gentlejuke

Set (O) Section 2 - Dependents

Post by gentlejuke » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi I have an appoinement in couple of days. Your response would be most appreciated.

We have new born baby in last month and not holding our national passport. As dicussed earlier in this forum, planning to apply for MN1 after our ILR.

But, Set (O) section2 - saying "If you have a partner and/or any children under 18 who are living with you in the UK and who are applying for indefinite leave to remain as your dependants, this is where you give their details......."

Q1: I am not mentioning new born baby details in appl. pls confirm is that fine (refer underlined statement above)?
Q2: With a Caseworker, do I need to maintain confidential that I have new born baby and not applying for ILR?

Please let me know

Thanks,

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Set (O) Section 2 - Dependents

Post by mk357 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:56 pm

gentlejuke wrote:Hi I have an appoinement in couple of days. Your response would be most appreciated.

We have new born baby in last month and not holding our national passport. As dicussed earlier in this forum, planning to apply for MN1 after our ILR.

But, Set (O) section2 - saying "If you have a partner and/or any children under 18 who are living with you in the UK and who are applying for indefinite leave to remain as your dependants, this is where you give their details......."

Q1: I am not mentioning new born baby details in appl. pls confirm is that fine (refer underlined statement above)?
Q2: With a Caseworker, do I need to maintain confidential that I have new born baby and not applying for ILR?

Please let me know

Thanks,
If you add him in his form than you should have his passport and pay the requisite fee for his ILR. Your best option would be to apply for his registration using MN1 form once you get your ILR Section 1(3), registration by entitlement.

imranb

Re: Set (O) Section 2 - Dependents

Post by imranb » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:36 am

gentlejuke wrote:Hi I have an appoinement in couple of days. Your response would be most appreciated.

Please let me know

Thanks,
In my humble opinion, you don’t add the baby in the form as a dependant because you are not applying for his ILR.

But that does not mean you have to keep it as a secret if the caseworker asks you about any dependants that you have not included in the form. If asked, you just have to state the fact that you have a new born who is not included in the ILR application, as you intend to apply for his citizenship immediately after you get settlement status. That’s it!

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks MK and Imran