ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR , outside immigration rules

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hay

Applying ILR , outside immigration rules

Post by Hay » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:09 pm

any experience about ILR outside immigration rules or compassionate grounds please?

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:25 am

i have a similar situation as i applied on May16 due to having discretional leave for 6years. I still havent received mine either. I think this one depends on your personal circumstances. But if you have had it for 6yrs, there is no reason not to receive ILR. Unless u've committed crime or continuosly claiming benefits without working.

Hay

Post by Hay » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:32 pm

True. but mine is a bit different, student visa +PSW, and human rights grounds. do u know how long more we should wait and how usually are their decisions regarding this kind of applications?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:53 am

Hay wrote:True. but mine is a bit different, student visa +PSW, and human rights grounds. do u know how long more we should wait and how usually are their decisions regarding this kind of applications?
how long have you been in the UK on student visa + PSW?

Do you have family in the UK?

on what basis have you applied for ILR outside the rules?

Hay

Post by Hay » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Greenie wrote:
Hay wrote:True. but mine is a bit different, student visa +PSW, and human rights grounds. do u know how long more we should wait and how usually are their decisions regarding this kind of applications?

6 years student+ 2 years PSW. almost all my family are british citizens.
Personal life and human right, any advise?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Hay wrote:
Greenie wrote:

what family do you have in the UK? What is your nationality? How old are you? What is
family do you have in your home country?

Hay

Post by Hay » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Greenie wrote:
Hay wrote:
Greenie wrote:

what family do you have in the UK? What is your nationality? How old are you? What is
family do you have in your home country?

Mother, 2 brothers are British. 2 brother back home in Pakistan. father passed away. I am male 34. any suggestion?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Hay wrote: Mother, 2 brothers are British. 2 brother back home in Pakistan. father passed away. I am male 34. any suggestion?
its difficult to comment without knowing more information but with the information you have given, unless there are compelling compassionate circumstances i think its unlikely you will succeed given that you are a grown adult, don't have children in the UK and have close family in your home country.

Hay

Post by Hay » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 am

Greenie wrote:
Hay wrote: Mother, 2 brothers are British. 2 brother back home in Pakistan. father passed away. I am male 34. any suggestion?
its difficult to comment without knowing more information but with the information you have given, unless there are compelling compassionate circumstances i think its unlikely you will succeed given that you are a grown adult, don't have children in the UK and have close family in your home country.

so I shouldn't wait for any good news:(( what about appeal of these applications?

Hay

Post by Hay » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:11 pm

And I have got still leave to remain until late March 12, if they refuse my ILR but they will not revoke my PSW, is that right?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Hay wrote:And I have got still leave to remain until late March 12, if they refuse my ILR but they will not revoke my PSW, is that right?
PSW visa will NOT be effected regardless of the outcome of your ILR application.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Hay wrote:And I have got still leave to remain until late March 12, if they refuse my ILR but they will not revoke my PSW, is that right?
unless you no longer meet the requirements for PSW, they should not revoke it if your ILR application is refused. However note that if they refused your ILR app before your leave expires, you won't get a right of appeal unless your leave is also curtailed.

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Greenie wrote:
unless you no longer meet the requirements for PSW, they should not revoke it if your ILR application is refused. However note that if they refused your ILR app before your leave expires, you won't get a right of appeal unless your leave is also curtailed.
I agree with Greenie and I think, you should have waited untill late March 12 for this application.

Hay

Post by Hay » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:55 pm

That's right but couldn't wait that long. on the other hand wanted to see what they are going to say? if they refuse me whats their ground? then rectify that weakness in my application and reapply before March 12.

Hay

Post by Hay » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Greenie wrote:
and do you know the processing time of ILR applications outside the immigration rules is the same or take it longer or shorter...?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Longer...as one would expect from something that isn't straightforward.

Hay

Post by Hay » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:02 pm

Casa wrote:Longer...as one would expect from something that isn't straightforward.
thanks and u know how long? because usual ones take about 2 months I believe....

Hay

Post by Hay » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:28 pm

and any idea about success rate of these kind of applications?

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:56 am

Hay wrote:and any idea about success rate of these kind of applications?
You need to stop worrying, u still have leave in UK even if is rejected. It is always best to apply when your leave has expired.

Just to update, i still havent got mine back either. Mine was discretionery leave which is also outside immigration rules. But i had completed the 6years required and i was originally underage when i got my status and also in care through social services.

So maybe my personal circumstance is why i am not as anxious as you.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 am

it all depends on the circumstances of each individual case, and as advised above, yours seems to stand little chance of success.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:05 pm

tunde10 wrote:
You need to stop worrying, u still have leave in UK even if is rejected. It is always best to apply when your leave has expired.

Just to update, i still havent got mine back either. Mine was discretionery leave which is also outside immigration rules. But i had completed the 6years required and i was originally underage when i got my status and also in care through social services.

So maybe my personal circumstance is why i am not as anxious as you.
tunde10 your application is indeed different as although 'outside the rules' it is in accordance with an established policy of being eligible for ILR after 6 year's DL.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:03 pm

Hay wrote:
Casa wrote:Longer...as one would expect from something that isn't straightforward.
thanks and u know how long? because usual ones take about 2 months I believe....
don't be surprised if it takes 6 months given that your application is completely outside the rules.

Hay

Post by Hay » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Greenie wrote:
Hay wrote:
don't be surprised if it takes 6 months given that your application is completely outside the rules.
6 months?? the question is whether home office provide a fair service in return of 972 pounds? an extraordinary amount.
and do they really need to keep our passports?? its our identity.
is there any chance to get the passport back without harming application??

Hay

Post by Hay » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:16 pm

is there any chance to apply in person and using premium service for applications outside the rules??

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Hay wrote:is there any chance to apply in person and using premium service for applications outside the rules??
no.