ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with a few questions on application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shiloberg
Newly Registered

help with a few questions on application

Post by shiloberg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:22 am

1. There's a question on the EEA application asking : Where do you intend to live in the Uk? (And then they get real specific and want to know how many rooms and Spam?)
Seeing that we will only move to the UK after I get the EA permit, we currently dont know where we will live... What do I write on the form?

2. Do I need to provide bank statements of how much money I make or savings?

3. dp I need to write my income in pounds ? Not in euros or the currency I get paid in?

4. I hold two passports - one is my main one and the other I got from my parents - do I need to photocopy both of them and show them?

Thanks so much, this forum is so helpful and i need all the help i can get ...

alekos

Post by alekos » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:00 am

1. Wherever EEA sponsor wants me to live in. or N/A. You don't have to answer this question.
2. NO
3. See above.
4. Use your current and valid passport only. If you are in a country where you need a visa and said visa is in a expired passport you can use it, but it is not needed.

You're welcome, but bear in mind this is only useful for a Family Permit to join EEA family member in the UK.

See also http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 836#519836 and below. Look for Directive's posts.
Thank you everyone in this forum.

shiloberg
Newly Registered

Post by shiloberg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 am

lets say I get the EEA family visa and once I am in England I apply for the EEA2 residence - can I leave the UK for trips either within the EU and outside of it?

Thanks

alekos

Post by alekos » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:50 am

Yes you can. Within the EU you're not required to have a visa, once you have your Residence Card and you're travelling with EEA sponsor.
http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

shiloberg
Newly Registered

Post by shiloberg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:56 am

Yes, but I heard that it could take over 6 months to obtain the EEA2 permit and I need to send them my passport - what if i need to travel to the USA within those 6 months?

alekos

Post by alekos » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 pm

You're advised not to plan any journey until you receive your RC. Once you receive a Certificate of Application you can request your passport back without affecting your application. UKBA might ask it back or issue you with a RC on an A4 paper.

Most applications for Residence Card , unscientific count based on forum posts, are taking about 3 or 4 months.

shiloberg
Newly Registered

Post by shiloberg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Okay, cool, thanks, last quick question:

Once I get the EEA visa - can I make short travel trips (3 days) to England alone to look for job interviews and apartment hunting while my husband will still be in Germany ?

alekos

Post by alekos » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:33 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Read 5.2.3 and above. I've read somewhere in the forums that this guidance goes against the spirit of the Directive.

shiloberg
Newly Registered

Post by shiloberg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:47 pm

''Yes, but I heard that it could take over 6 months to obtain the EEA2 permit and I need to send them my passport - what if i need to travel to the USA within those 6 months?''

Does my husband (the EU citizen) need to send his passport in too? Or is it enough sending mine to apply for the EEA2 permit?

alekos

Post by alekos » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:10 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de-eea.pdf

You need to submit ID card or passport of EEA national.