ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samira_uk
BANNED

Interview

Post by samira_uk » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:52 am

Hi,

One of my friends applied for Tier 4 for an english course. She has IELTS of 4.5. After one week of submission of her documents, she was asked to attend an interview. Now, she is refused becuase ECO said her english ability was not at IELTS 4.5 level. She claimed that she could answer all the questions. Now she is going to apply for Admin Review but what should she write for Admin Review and on what basis could she request reviewing of the application? I think this interview is a way in order that ECO could refuse anyone whom s/he does not like. It is very junk that IELTS as a reputable international organization could not judge the level of english but an ECO with a GCSE or maximum A level can!!!

zohairismail
Newly Registered

Post by zohairismail » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi

I am sorry to say but unfortunately ielts 4.5 is no where a recognizable score. Par Ielts overall band even is 6.0 according to latest admission criteria.

Remember interview is one on one and way different than ielts. Ielts also comprises of reading and writing . What an ECO wants to know is if a person can properly speak english as well which is the basic important criteria . So your friend must have been shaky while giving answers and the ECO might have thought her compatibility level is not that great

No offence i was just trying to help. Her only way out can be giving ielts again getting a good score or apply again and hope she gets a shot at interview once more where she could convince the officer.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Sorry you did not read my post well!! The course is english course and the IELTS 4.0 is enough for that. No need to have IELTS of 6.0