ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW ILR SET(O) Form Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sri_kant
Newly Registered

Post by Sri_kant » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:35 am

fora wrote:dear Sri-kant,could you please share your experience after getting ILR.A lot of people will appreciate this: which boxes you ticked and about you wife as well.

Hi all,

I and my wife have got ILR on 20th July.
I fall under HSMP JR category. I had selected "Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document" under section 3B and had selected 10H.

Entire process went more smoothly than I expected. case worker didnt raise any issues in my application. I only had few arguments with initial screening officer who was pressuring me to accept that currently I am Tier 1. But I insisted that I am not Tier 1. I am HSMP. At the end she stamped my app as valid.

Everything went smoothly with caseworker. She didnt raise any questions about myself or my wife.
She asked me for the following docs -
3 months bank statements
5 years P60s.
company Accounts for all the years ( I am a IT contractor )
Accountant letter
Marriage certificate
Initial HSMP Letter

She didnt ask me for any cohabitation documents.

She took around 45 mins to review my app. and I got my visa stamped within an hour after that.

So I am very happy that our ILR app has been approved as I was nervous about my wife's ILR. She had entered UK just 3 months back.

If you have any questions. Feel free to ask. I shall try to answer them.

Regards
Sri

fora

Post by fora » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi,Sri_kant
congratulations to you and your wife!
I was waiting for your results and very happy for both of u.
Last question please:
what did u tell to screening officer when he insisted to accept that u r Tier1?

Sri_kant
Newly Registered

Post by Sri_kant » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:01 pm

fora wrote:Hi,Sri_kant
congratulations to you and your wife!
I was waiting for your results and very happy for both of u.
Last question please:
what did u tell to screening officer when he insisted to accept that u r Tier1?
Nothing much ...as it wasnt long argument...I just said I am hsmp candidate...though i have tier 1 stamp on my visa...i had got it under hsmp JR rules...

fora

Post by fora » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:37 pm

I wish u the best luck with your citizenship application in a year