ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Instant Photo machine for Kid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gentlejuke

Instant Photo machine for Kid

Post by gentlejuke » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Sorry if this question looks odd.

My kid is 2yrs old. As part of Set(0) appl photo requirement, planning to take photos from 'Instant Photo Machine'. or do I need to take him to photo studio?

Once again sorry and pls suggest.

xyz123

Re: Instant Photo machine for Kid

Post by xyz123 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:14 pm

gentlejuke wrote:Sorry if this question looks odd.

My kid is 2yrs old. As part of Set(0) appl photo requirement, planning to take photos from 'Instant Photo Machine'. or do I need to take him to photo studio?

It doesnt matter if u use instant machine or go to studio but you must meet photo guidance, which is on UKBA website.

Was ur kid born in the UK? If so, you may exclude him from ILR application and then once you get your ILR register him as British citizen. (and save some money!). Search the forum and u will find lots of info.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks XYZ.,

We have two kids and excluding the one born in UK last month.

Thanks,

letmec2006

photo

Post by letmec2006 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Trying to take a photo for a 2 year old is an experience, really depends on your child would he/she be so quiet to adjust the chair height and behave inside the booth or frightened. there should not be any light from outside that makes the photo so blurred. The chair height would suit only adults, you have to use a box on top or make the child to stand on a small rotating chair. Photographer makes things easier.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:04 pm

..... planning to take photos from 'Instant Photo Machine'. or do I need to take him to photo studio?
Of course it depends upon what you mean by "photo studio" but if I were you I would use a High Street shop which takes the photo and then produces the prints for you. This service is offered by a number of firms, Max Spielmann being just an example.
John

baldude

Post by baldude » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:29 am

You can try taking a picture of him with your digicam on a white background(white/cream wall) in the day light. edit on ur syst if it doesn't appear as white background(just increase/decrease brightness). Upload it to www.epassportphotos.com and follow the instuctions. You wil get a photo with 7 or 4 passport size pics. take it on usb to any photo booth and print 6*4". it shuld cost less than 50p. we printed at Jessops n booths. both came fine. cut them off. If you are satisfied, and upto the UKBA rules proceed for application.

Hope this trial helps.

imranb

Post by imranb » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:51 am

baldude wrote:

You can try taking a picture of him with your digicam on a white background(white/cream wall) in the day light. edit on ur syst if it doesn't appear as white background(just increase/decrease brightness). Upload it to www.epassportphotos.com and follow the instuctions. You wil get a photo with 7 or 4 passport size pics. take it on usb to any photo booth and print 6*4". it shuld cost less than 50p. we printed at Jessops n booths. both came fine. cut them off. If you are satisfied, and upto the UKBA rules proceed for application.

Hope this trial helps.
This is the easiest, best and cheapest way of getting a photo for a child, as it gives you the option of taking as many photos of your child in the comforts of your home.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks all for your suggestion.

Yah! 'Instant Photo Machine' located at many places is not flexible for kids to get a photographs as chair height not adjustble. So I have been to Photographer today morning and took photographs for my kid.

Thank you all