ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

demsol
Newly Registered

Post by demsol » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:52 pm

''thats great news - looks like end of May applicants are starting to get theirs back!! :)''

I'm happy to read that some May applications are coming in. But has anyone who applied in May under Set(O) Work Permit had their ILR stamped please?

New_ILR_Reading
Newly Registered

ILR Set O - Postal Application - Croydon

Post by New_ILR_Reading » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:17 pm

I have been following up on the posts from past two months.

Here is my ILR Set (O) application dates,

Application Posted to UKBA : 05th May 2011

Postal Delivery to UKBA: 06th May 2011

Acknowledgement Letter from UKBA: 12th May 2011

Completed 11 weeks since the application was posted...no response yet from UKBA... I am getting restless now...and with all possible negative thoughts running in my mind :?

Still on torturous wait.......thinking all the time why did i not go through premium service.....very frustrated..this wait is killing me ever since the application is posted to UKBA....there is a situation now where i have to travel overseas ASAP

:cry:

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Set O - Postal Application - Croydon

Post by Ana_W » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:06 pm

New_ILR_Reading wrote:I have been following up on the posts from past two months.

Completed 11 weeks since the application was posted...no response yet from UKBA... I am getting restless now...and with all possible negative thoughts running in my mind :?

Still on torturous wait.......thinking all the time why did i not go through premium service.....very frustrated..this wait is killing me ever since the application is posted to UKBA....there is a situation now where i have to travel overseas ASAP

It looks like a limit of patience usually is around 11 weeks.
The same for me.
It's 12 weeks tomorrow, no news, nothing.
And I really need to go abroad now, but can't...

tom378
Newly Registered

Post by tom378 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:14 pm

The same for me.
And I really need to go abroad now, but can't...[/quote]

It seems that no SET(o)applications on workpermit sent since first week of may has yet been processed!!!!!!

ilrstatus
Newly Registered

Post by ilrstatus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Finally got my ILR on Saturday

Submitted on the 13th of April using the online form.

The case workker sent me the new form last month and asked to fill in the extra bits.

There was me thinking that by filling the form online it would be quicker.
Took a long time but finally it is over.

All the best

tommyjo
Newly Registered

Set M Application

Post by tommyjo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:52 pm

still waiting on ours - sent 9th June
letter of acknowledgement dated 10th June

6 weeks gone so far... :?

New_ILR_Reading
Newly Registered

Post by New_ILR_Reading » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Ana_W wrote:
New_ILR_Reading wrote:I have been following up on the posts from past two months.

The same for me.
And I really need to go abroad now, but can't...
Yes - Its very frustrating to wait, its easier for UKBA to suggest us not to make any overseas travel plans but most of the times situation changes and demands one.

Secondly - They should atleast facilitate with online application tracking system, so that all applicants will be able to keep track on the changes and will also a great relieve (both for applicants and UKBA telephone support team).

I am sure case workers are doing there best to reduce the application backlog (not to mention recent staff reduction)......

Yes - patience will run out faster after 11-12 weeks

Mine is 11 weeks 4 days ...waiting continues :|

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:43 am

ilrstatus wrote:Finally got my ILR on Saturday

Submitted on the 13th of April using the online form.

The case workker sent me the new form last month and asked to fill in the extra bits.

There was me thinking that by filling the form online it would be quicker.
Took a long time but finally it is over.

All the best
In a similar situation to you with an application for my wife's application for ILR. Applied on April 5th using the online form with £900 payment taken that day and then full documents etc sent around April 20th.

Got the acknowledgement letter on May 5th so I thought all was well but we then received another letter on May 28th asking for an additional £72 and the new form to be filled in. That was done and posted on May 31st - acknowledgement came through on June 16th and payment taken on June 21st. Since then, nothing.

The strange thing is that when they sent the letter asking for additional payment etc they provided a return envelope with a code on the front that included a case number, shelf number and also a date (22/06/11) at the end - here was me thinking the date was when they'd look at the case again. Any idea what it would be for?

Such a frustrating time waiting....

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 am

Hauzen wrote:In a similar situation to you with an application for my wife's application for ILR. Applied on April 5th using the online form with £900 payment taken that day and then full documents etc sent around April 20th.

Got the acknowledgement letter on May 5th so I thought all was well but we then received another letter on May 28th asking for an additional £72 and the new form to be filled in. That was done and posted on May 31st - acknowledgement came through on June 16th and payment taken on June 21st. Since then, nothing.

The strange thing is that when they sent the letter asking for additional payment etc they provided a return envelope with a code on the front that included a case number, shelf number and also a date (22/06/11) at the end - here was me thinking the date was when they'd look at the case again. Any idea what it would be for?

Such a frustrating time waiting....
Hmmm.... At least you know what's going on with your application. And they are working with it, slowly but working.
I've got ack letter dated 11th of May. 2 and half months after this date and I still don't know what's going on.

niravm

Post by niravm » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:50 am

Got ILR stamped for my brother and his family..

applied on 4th April 2011 SET (O) on Work permit 5 years
payment taken 19 april 2011

passport stamped 12th Jul 2011
passport received 26th Jul 2011

total 3 months and 22 days

good luck those who are waiting ...

tom378
Newly Registered

Post by tom378 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:12 pm

niravm wrote:Got ILR stamped for my brother and his family..

Congratulations

so it can be more than 15 weeks!!!!

learningzone
Newly Registered

Post by learningzone » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:29 pm

The waiting time is a real ordeal as it freeze Travel plans, job oppurtunities during this time of the year (July) during this holiday season.
I am currently in the 13th week of waiting, and this still continues.

Could I request people who have contacted UKBA after 14 weeks, as what kind of status update they give, whether you could check the progress of the application after that, any indication they give whether the case is positive or negative (or kept on Hold, if so what reasons)

Any such inputs would really be helpful for people like me who are sitting on the Knife's edge :-(

tom378 wrote:

Congratulations

Hay

Post by Hay » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:27 pm

learningzone wrote:The waiting time is a real ordeal as it freeze Travel plans, job oppurtunities during this time of the year (July) during this holiday season.
I am currently in the 13th week of waiting, and this still continues.

Could I request people who have contacted UKBA after 14 weeks, as what kind of status update they give, whether you could check the progress of the application after that, any indication they give whether the case is positive or negative (or kept on Hold, if so what reasons)

Any such inputs would really be helpful for people like me who are sitting on the Knife's edge :-(

exactly, what they are going to tell you after 14 weeks? I was thinking if they tell me your case is still in process I will go mad... I want a clear update after 14 weeks. so any experience??

tom378 wrote:

Congratulations

Hay

Post by Hay » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Exactly, what they are going to tell you after 14 weeks? I was thinking if I call them after 14 weeks and they tell me your case is still on process or something like this I will go mad, I want a clear update after 14 weeks, any experience?

niravm

Post by niravm » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:38 pm

I have called after 13th week to check status they told me you call can only be address on 12th July i.e week no 14th and I have called on 12th july, they told me your case is in process and we dont have any updates. again after a week I have called, got same reply and also they told me they have target to answer all cases in five and half months.
Today on passport date was stamped is 12th July ie. exactly 14th week date which they suggested on my first call which I made in 13th week.

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:33 pm

niravm wrote:I have called after 13th week to check status they told me you call can only be address on 12th July i.e week no 14th and I have called on 12th july, they told me your case is in process and we dont have any updates. again after a week I have called, got same reply and also they told me they have target to answer all cases in five and half months.
Today on passport date was stamped is 12th July ie. exactly 14th week date which they suggested on my first call which I made in 13th week.
So their aim is 5 and half months... :shock: Not very cheerful... :?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Hay wrote:Exactly, what they are going to tell you after 14 weeks? I was thinking if I call them after 14 weeks and they tell me your case is still on process or something like this I will go mad, I want a clear update after 14 weeks, any experience?
they are unlikely to give you a clear update. They will just say that the application is under consideration or is in a queue and will be dealt with in due course.

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Ana_W wrote:Hmmm.... At least you know what's going on with your application. And they are working with it, slowly but working.
I've got ack letter dated 11th of May. 2 and half months after this date and I still don't know what's going on.
The wait is hideously frustrating.. even moreso as my wife (foreign national, I'm British) gave birth to our first child just before the application went in and she's unable to take him over to let her relatives see him. Every day they hang on to the passports is an extra day of his 'baby period' her family are missing out on :evil:

Nat000
Newly Registered

Post by Nat000 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:37 am

9 weeks today.......

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:06 am

Hauzen wrote: The wait is hideously frustrating.. even moreso as my wife (foreign national, I'm British) gave birth to our first child just before the application went in and she's unable to take him over to let her relatives see him. Every day they hang on to the passports is an extra day of his 'baby period' her family are missing out on :evil:
I know. I had plans to go to my parents with my children during this summer school-break. It is school break now, my parents immensely miss their grandchildren, can't come to Britain to see them because of many reasons, I can't go there because have no passport and now I'm just waisting this priceless time for waiting...
Last edited by Ana_W on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nir
Newly Registered

Post by Nir » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:53 am

Apart from other delays, 2 weeks to deliver the passport after stamping is ridiculous :evil:

Alisabrittany
Newly Registered

Post by Alisabrittany » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:23 pm

ILR SET(M)

* 8 weeks tomorrow since ACK letter *
* 9 weeks Friday since Solicitor Posted Application*

Going cRAZy LOL (To say the least)

tom378
Newly Registered

Post by tom378 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:29 pm

One thing is for sure:you do it through solicitor or yourself,the time taken is the same(LOL atleast i saved that :P )

mvabbott
Newly Registered

Post by mvabbott » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Good evening, have been reading this forum for a while and i would like to join the boat! :D

Post SET( M ) -june 11th
letter received- june 14th
payment taken- june 16th

So waiting around 6 weeks now....

I wonder if this new criminality threshold is the cause of delaying the whole process? Anyone knows how long it takes to be cleared? :?

ANZ
Newly Registered

Post by ANZ » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:53 pm

12 weeks today... :shock:
I cann't think about anything else. All my plans ruined. This waiting drives me mad! :twisted: