ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

South African, spouse visa! Any advice welcome

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Destiny08
Newly Registered

South African, spouse visa! Any advice welcome

Post by Destiny08 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi :)

So I'm a 20 year old South African citizen, and currently 9 months pregnant with my fiance's child. My fiance is British, and once we're married in South Africa at the end of August, I'll be applying for a spouse visa to the UK! (to enter once I've turned 21, since I know that's a requirement)

Our daughter will be on a UK passport, since she's entitled to citizenship - So that should have no effect on my visa right?

Basically I'm looking for advice! I know I need financial details, accommodation details...
Oh regarding the financial details! What kind of money would they be looking for? and Accommodation wise...we're living in a shared house at the moment...will that affect the application at all?

also, I know I need to prove that I can speak English, which I can either do by taking a test or showing that I've got a bachelor degree in English. I have done neither of those things, but I'm a qualified English teacher (i have the certificate in English language teaching to adults. which is a Cambridge qualification) - if i was to give them my CELTA certificate, would that work to demonstrate that I can speak English well enough?

I'm also a failed asylum seeker - I didn't overstay. When they told me to leave, and gave me my flight information, I did. But will that have any effect on my application?

So yeah...even if you can't answer any of the questions I have! Any advice anyone can add would be greatly appreciated :D So far the visa application people have been completely useless.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:35 am

See also Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Destiny08
Newly Registered

Post by Destiny08 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Thanks for that :) I'll definitely take a look.

Can anyone help with any other advice though? I've taken a look through a lot of the posts here! But any extra advice would make a huge difference! I'm just so scared I might not get the visa! :( so i'd like to be fully prepared!