ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success in Croydon - HSMP JR(wife in UK less than 2 yrs)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sri_kant
Newly Registered

ILR Success in Croydon - HSMP JR(wife in UK less than 2 yrs)

Post by Sri_kant » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi all,

I am happy to inform you all that I and my wife have got our ILR approved from croydon PEO last week. I would like to thank this forum for valuable information and help I got during my application.

For the benefit of other members, I would like to share my experience.

Below is my background -

I was a HSMP visa holder and was eligibile to apply after 18th July after completing 5 years of residency. I came to UK in aug 2006 ( based on HSMP Approver letter received in may 2006 ) and then got extention in aug 2008. When I came to UK in 2006 I had Highly Skilled migrant stamp on my visa and during extension I got Tier 1 ( General ) migrant stamp on my visa inspite of applying under HSMP Judicial policy form for extension.
My wife came to the UK in apr 2011 and had Tier 1 ( General ) Partner stamp on her visa.

Experience with Croydon PEO:

My appointment was at 11:15 AM. I arrived at 10:15 AM. Parked my car in Centrale Shopping center car park. I found it slightly cheaper than NCP car park. Its just opp to Whitgift shopping center. Both NCP whitgift car park and centrale car park are close the Croydon PEO so you can park anywhere. Its just 5 mins walking. Security allowed me in the building only at 10:45 am.
After entry, I went through airport style security check. Then was immediately sent to initial screening officer. I was anxious whether officer would accept my wife's ILR application. As expected, it wasnt straight forward review with initial screening. Officer kept pressuring me that currently I am Tier 1 and I Kept insisting that I am HSMP. After some failed attempts she stamped my app as valid. She didnt check any of my documents. She only asked me if I have bank statements. She just checked mine and my wife's passports and visas in her system. After initial screening I went to first floor for the payment. After payment I was asked to sit in the waiting area till my no. is called. It was almost 11:15 by then. In just 2-3 mins my no was called and I went to caseworker window.

She first only asked for app form and passports. she kept doing some checks in her system with our PPs and app form. She also went somewhere with our passports and cover letter ( probably to consultant someone ) and when she came back, she again started doing something in her system. After our PP checks she asked for the following documents. I think by this time she had only seen first few pages of my application form, probably upto section 3. Later on also she only checked pg of UK absences. She just ran through others pages quickly. It appeared that She wasnt much bothered about other pages.

Documents -

3 months bank statements
5 years P60s.
company Accounts for all the years ( I am a IT contractor )
Accountant letter
Marriage certificate
Initial HSMP Letter

She didnt ask me for any cohabitation documents.

She checked all documents and found everything in order. She then informed me that mine and my wife's ILR has been approved and asked me to wait for an hour for visa stamping. Whole process with case worker took around 45 mins.

I think there is no need to worry too much about mistakes in the current SET(O) form. Once caseworker has identified your category, they dont seem to follow the form, they seem to carry out their own checks and ask docs which they want. I think my case worker didnt even check what I had filled in section 10 and final page of document checklist.
Sorry, forgot to mention that I had selected "Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document" under section 3B and had selected 10H.

Entire process was completed very quickly for me. Didnt have to wait long in any sort of queues. I entered PEO at 10:45 am and at 13:00 hrs I had passports in my hand with ILR stamp on it. Apart from some arguments with initial screening officer, everything was smooth.

Good luck to other members who are going to apply in future.

Regards
Sri

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Success in Croydon - HSMP JR(wife in UK less than 2

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Hi Srikant
Congratulation !
I am in excatly the same situation as urs. my wife joined me in december 2010 and i m due ti apply in 1st week of october. I am very concerned about her ILR.

I rang HO 6 time i guess and they told me that she need to complete two years and its says on the SET (O) aswell. so i am not very sure what to do.

option 10(h) is for four years, how did u change it to 5 years?

Regards

fora

Post by fora » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:22 pm

a lot congratulations to both of u.
Last question please:
What did u tell to screening officer when she insisted that u r Tier1?

Sri_kant
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success in Croydon - HSMP JR(wife in UK less than 2

Post by Sri_kant » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:06 pm

I didnt change anything...both 10G and 10H have same list ..but I selected 10H because I wanted to stress that I am hsmp JR...and frankly I dont think caseworker even checked what I have selected in section 10...

I had also got same response from home office help line ... but dont worry about it...just apply under HSMP JR...and be ready to explain to caseworker/screening officer if they question you...

Good luck...

mastiger82

hello sir

Post by mastiger82 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:07 pm

so happy about your visa.

Sir I am in the same situation.

I had my visa Oct 06.

My wife joined me march 10. as you have got your mrs visa, can I also include my wife so she can get ilr too.

many times I have contacted home office enquiry, and they sometimes say yes your wife can apply and sometimes no.

please tell me how did you convince that your wife can apply ilr. I mean, any paperwork or proof you gave to them?

thanks

Sri_kant
Newly Registered

Re: hello sir

Post by Sri_kant » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Sorry to reply late...I didnt have to convince them...I just applied ...n they approved for both us...I would suggest you to apply for your wife and be little bit prepared to argue that you are HSMP JR and new rules do not apply to you...

mastiger82 wrote:so happy about your visa.

Sir I am in the same situation.

I had my visa Oct 06.

My wife joined me march 10. as you have got your mrs visa, can I also include my wife so she can get ilr too.

many times I have contacted home office enquiry, and they sometimes say yes your wife can apply and sometimes no.

please tell me how did you convince that your wife can apply ilr. I mean, any paperwork or proof you gave to them?

thanks