ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP,Can I get a renewal? Working with an agency..anything..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Abiola
Newly Registered

HSMP,Can I get a renewal? Working with an agency..anything..

Post by Abiola » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:00 pm

I can't get a job in the bank,my chosen profession. I worked in a bank for 7 years before coming to UK,joined with MBA. Yet to even get an interview in UK. What do I do? I can't go back home I already resigned. I have resorted io menial jobs..In order not to spend my savings about 4000pounds.Will need to show it for wife and two children to relocate.

I have been here for 3 months already..And visa will expire in Jan2007.

What do I do? Iam computer literate and can market well.

Are there exams I should write to make myself more relevant here.

Will they renew the visa?
Heelp

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:52 pm

Dear Abiola

I am sorry to hear about you. You still have chance they are already few case example similart to you. However intead of giving you full extension you will pprobably get 1 year extension. I have seen few similar case to you.

If you could keep all all the applicaiton form that you have filled and sent, if you get interview keep interview invitation letter. this is to prove that you are actively looking the job at your level. Most people will understand that getting a job to some extent still depends on your luck. Very possibly they will still give you the chance to search for the HSMP level job for anothet year.

Reasonable number of money in bank account will make you case much stronger.

Good luck
Pantaiema
Last edited by pantaiema on Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:04 pm

Dont they give extension for 4 years if you are economically active, whether or nor you are in your hsmp profession.
Do you know anyone not getting 4 year extension because he/she was not in hsmp profession.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:12 pm

As long one is economically active and paying taxes which is all they are concerned with, you should have no problem. You can attach rejection letters from banks showing that you had applied in your chosen profession. I know an HSMP holder working in Tesco who got his extension. I do not know of any case that has been rejected for HSMP extension.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:15 pm

It is true that most of the people (if not all) will get extension even if they do not work in the HSMP level job as long as they do not claim public fund and make UK as their home. However from the previous post that I have learnt, it seems that in this category, they will likely to award 1 year extensions instead of full extension.

Pantaiema.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:56 pm

Most people who have qualified for HSMP have left managerial level jobs in their home countries but sadly find it impossible to get "HSMP level" senior jobs in their profession (except IT programmers) especially in their 1st year and have to do any contract / temp jobs to survive. I feel that the Home Office is not really bothered what kind of jobs HSMP holders do as long as they pay taxes, do not claim benefits and subsidise the thousands of free loaders who live in council houses, claim all types of allowances without working. Sometimes I feel that people like the plane hijakers who subsequently claim asylum and ultimately British passports are better off than HSMP holders. (I have no problem, as a law abiding citizen, in paying taxes required to run the economy but my only point is that it should be uniform and not to fund the sloths).

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:03 pm

They care that is why they only give these people 1 year instead of full extension.

Pantaiema
Rog wrote:Most people who have qualified for HSMP have left managerial level jobs in their home countries but sadly find it impossible to get "HSMP level" senior jobs in their profession (except IT programmers) especially in their 1st year and have to do any contract / temp jobs to survive. I feel that the Home Office is not really bothered what kind of jobs HSMP holders do as long as they pay taxes, do not claim benefits and subsidise the thousands of free loaders who live in council houses, claim all types of allowances without working. Sometimes I feel that people like the plane hijakers who subsequently claim asylum and ultimately British passports are better off than HSMP holders. (I have no problem, as a law abiding citizen, in paying taxes required to run the economy but my only point is that it should be uniform and not to fund the sloths).

larry

Post by larry » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:14 am

Abiola and others,

I strongly believe you will be given 4 years extension. I am doing menial job and not working in my skill and yet got 4 years extension last month. More have been given full years not 1 year provided they are economically active, no use public fund and of course no criminal conviction.

My concern is getting your wife and children into UK. Although you may have £4000 in your savings, but I think BHC are more interested your income not savings. If your present income is above £1000/month, then it may be easier for your dependants to join.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:27 pm

Thank you Larry to report your case here. Defenitely we learn from your case.

That is true few people get full extension although they are not working in their level. I have seen one example previously in this forum. However, more get 1 year extension instead of full extension. I thinkthis depends on the caseworkers and applicant individual circustances. For instance, reasonable number of bank account, no family/dependants, etc.

Pantaiema
larry wrote:Abiola and others,

I strongly believe you will be given 4 years extension. I am doing menial job and not working in my skill and yet got 4 years extension last month. More have been given full years not 1 year provided they are economically active, no use public fund and of course no criminal conviction.

My concern is getting your wife and children into UK. Although you may have £4000 in your savings, but I think BHC are more interested your income not savings. If your present income is above £1000/month, then it may be easier for your dependants to join.

Abiola
Newly Registered

Post by Abiola » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:28 pm

I thank you all for the help.
please keep up the good work.
I am still searching for Hsmp level work and have done a few telephone interviews.. Not making much progress though..
but there is hope.

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:13 pm

Abiola

If you persist you might be able to get another financial related job if you can't get one in a Bank. I don't know what department you worked while working in the Bank, because the kind of job you will be applying for will be determined by roles and responsibilities you have claimed on your C.V.

I also worked in a Bank for almost 12 years, but the first job i got in England was a Customer Service job. I left the Banking Industry as a Customer Service Manager, so i used the Customer service experience i have to apply for Customer Service jobs and i had very good responses. There are also some Customer service openings in various Banks, that is if that is your area of experience.

I also applied for jobs like Account Reconciliation officer, data entry clerk e.t.c. that i believe are relevant to the skills i gained while working in the Bank.

Abiola all i am trying to say here is that you should widen the scope of your job search to include other areas where the skills gained while working in the Bank is relevant.

I am sorry to say this, you might not be able to get into the core Banking Operation if you don't have UK Banking and Finance Education(i don't know if i am wrong). However if you are still interested in working in the Financial Industry in England you will have to do or 1 or 2 courses, you can do a google search for informations on this. For the mean time i will advise you work on getting something to do for survival, then all other things will fall in place.

I wish you all the best.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

Abiola
Newly Registered

Post by Abiola » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:03 pm

Hi Bunto and others,
I cannot thank you enough for the time taken to reply my mail.
The immigration board is like a family.And i am glad I found it.
I am glad to say that I now have a job in my chosen field.The pay is not fantastic but I am glad to be able to start again and build a career in Uk.
I also want to encourage all those people out there,yet to get employment in their feilds,never to give up, keep searching and you will find.
Once again I say thank you all.

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:40 pm

Abiola

I am so glad for you. Very Big congratulations.

I wish you best of luck in your new job.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

Don13
Newly Registered

Post by Don13 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:08 am

Abiola wrote:Hi Bunto and others,
I cannot thank you enough for the time taken to reply my mail.
The immigration board is like a family.And i am glad I found it.
I am glad to say that I now have a job in my chosen field.The pay is not fantastic but I am glad to be able to start again and build a career in Uk.
I also want to encourage all those people out there,yet to get employment in their feilds,never to give up, keep searching and you will find.
Once again I say thank you all.
Congrats Abiola, Its great to hear about your success after working so hard. I too am looking for banking job in the UK. I have gained some experience in cutomer service but no banking experience. Would you be able to guide me about how I should approach for banking jobs. I would be very grateful to you for your valuable suggestions...Regards

Don13