ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium fee Payment - Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gentlejuke

Premium fee Payment - Urgent

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi - I have just given a call to Lloyds TSB just to ensure there won't be any limits on my tomorrow's transaction which is £2700/-. planning to pay by Debit card.

Bank has told me that there will be some additional security checks might required. I didn't get what she is trying to say, her ascent is different.

Can anyone give me a guidence how to do tomorrow if any problem while paying a fee.

maximux79

Re: Premium fee Payment - Urgent

Post by maximux79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Not sure about what you are asking..The best and only possible way to contact your bank if you decide to pay by Debit card...In some banks like HSBC etc., the maximum limit without security check is £5000. I would suggest to call the contact center of the Bank again, and and ask them to put a note in your account mentioning the proposed payment...

Cheers
gentlejuke wrote:Hi - I have just given a call to Lloyds TSB just to ensure there won't be any limits on my tomorrow's transaction which is £2700/-. planning to pay by Debit card.

Bank has told me that there will be some additional security checks might required. I didn't get what she is trying to say, her ascent is different.

Can anyone give me a guidence how to do tomorrow if any problem while paying a fee.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:56 pm

I have a gave a call again to bank. Now I understand, they said transaction on tomorrow supposed to be successful. There could be chance that transaction might be stopped due to large amount for which additional security required, in that case I have to give a call to bank and provide security details to make transaction successful.

Thanks,

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:30 pm

I am not sure how things work from home office perspective but I can give you some example from a retailer’s perspective.
If someone buys expensive product or banks has any doubt about the transaction going through they put in place a process called authorization. So as soon as a customer put in a pin instead of saying successful the system says authorization required and then the retailer calls the bank give their merchant number and then bank asks some questions from the retailer about the card to make sure card is genuine. Sometimes they also want to speak to the customer as well to double check some security details.
Once the bank is happy they issue a code which is then put in the system by the retailer and the transaction goes through fine.
The security questions that bank might ask you are like
What is your date of birth
Address
If you have any over draft and how much it is
What direct debits you have on the account
Where did you use your card last time.
It might be good idea to have a brief look at these before you go to home office.
I hope this helps

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:55 pm

Wow! that's very detailed information. Thank you very much Imran!