ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What defines a EU citizen as self-sufficient

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shiloberg
Newly Registered

What defines a EU citizen as self-sufficient

Post by shiloberg » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi,
Me and my German husband want to live in the UK. He will be writing his phd while i will be hopefully working (with the EEA permit) - he will be making only a part time living from his uni (from Germany) - the rest we plan to get by on savings and my income from my work .

My question is - How much money defines a self-sufficient person? Is it legally okay that I possibly will be supporting our life in the UK, while he works on his phd? We both want to leave Germany....

Thanks so much!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:35 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Also http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary (pages 24-25 and from page 28 onward).

shiloberg
Newly Registered

Post by shiloberg » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Yes, Ive seen the written laws but I still dont understand them -
He will not be a burden on the UK because I will co-support financially - but when its time to fill out information on the EEA2 - is it okay to show my paycheck statements?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Yes, he can be self-sufficient on the basis of your income. That's in the link I posted above...

shiloberg
Newly Registered

Post by shiloberg » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Yay!!! thanks!