ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success - Glasgow - 22nd July

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

themonsoonhunter

Success - Glasgow - 22nd July

Post by themonsoonhunter » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi Guys,
Thanks a lot for helping me for ILR in last few months.

My appointment was at 1115 this morning, I reached there at 1015, I was told to come back at 1045.

After all usual security crap, I entered at 1050. I think I was called within minutes to the counter.

The lady asked me why I was there and then I handed over a file which I prepared for them. She did not ask any particular document, but I put all required documents in a folder and handed over to her. She checked payment details, type of visa section and asked me to wait for 30 minutes. She wanted to check the documents before going ahead with the process.
What I liked here is that she wanted to check if I qualify before asking me to pay.

My document folder contained: (In sequence)
1. SET(O) form
2. 2 Photographs
3. Passport
4. Biometric card
5. 12 Salary slips
6. 12 months personal Bank Statement
7. 4 Dividend Vouchers
8. Profit and Loss Account
9. P60 for this year
10. P45 as I left permanent employment recently
11. Letter from accountant
12. 5 Months Business Bank Statements
13. Life in UK Test Certificate
14. All my Work Permits and Tier 1 approval Letters, and
15. Summary sheet - Salary Gross- Net, Dividend, Dates paid in/from personal/business bank statements. (though it seems she did not even look into it)

After 30 minutes wait she called me and asked me a totally unexpected question.

I claimed salary from June 2010 to May 2011, but the payment made into my account in June 2011 for the earnings for May 2011. She refused to consider June 2011 Bank statements. (I did asked this question in my previous post, and I was advised that it would be fine, which I still think is fine) I tried convincing her by explaining the nature of business and the way payments are made. She was not convinced, then I did wee calculation and I was sure even taking out May 2011 payments I should still qualify. Immediately after that I accepted her argument and asked her to go ahead. I also requested her to ignore June 2010 instead but she didn’t agree (I earned more in May 2011 than June 2010). She did mention though that the salary needs to more than last extension salary to claim points. She did quick check as well before giving go ahead.

As the whole calculation and my salary band changed, she returned me most of the documents barring bank statements, salary slips, dividend vouchers and LIU test certificate.

She asked me to pay. Once payment was done, she said Police verification was still due, though she thought everything was ok, the application was needed to go to other caseworker, who would asses everything independently again. I was told to come back after an hour.
I was away for coffee, came back and after sometime I was called and granted ILR. The time was 1230 at that moment.

I had issues with not being paid in UK for initial 3 months, then away for 64 days when I was not paid in the UK again. Had one P45 missing. But other than documents I presented, they did not ask me anything else. I however mentioned her that rather than assuming she should ask me for any supporting documents and/or clarifications.
The documents I carried which were not asked,
1. All avialble P60s and P45. (Had 10 months P45 missing, I took signed salary slips instead for that period)
2. Statements from HMRC for all 5 years
3. While I was away for 2 months, proof of employment during that period.
4. All employment contracts I ever signed in UK. Letter from my agency confirming My Company is doing business with them currently.
5. Degree certificate, English Language confirmation letter, NARIC letter.
6. All invoices and bills to reconcile payments, there was small discrepancy in the payment, got letter from the agency confirming the discrepancy.
7. All available Limited company documents.
8. Recent Invoices and bank ad-hoc statement printed on Bank Stationary, for just in case I need to show if I am currently working.
9. All UK Salary slips signed and stamped
10. Overseas employment salary slips for the whole period, not stamped though
11. Residence proof, utility bills ( didn’t have all of them but kept whatever I had)
12. E tickets, again could not find all.

None of these were asked.

As they say “Hope for the Best but prepare for the worstâ€

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Congratulations.

There seems to be a lot of confusion amongst home office staff about whether you need more or at least equal salary when one has last renewed the Tier-1.

Is there any official home office guideline which clearly says you just need to qualify again e.g. score 75 points and that is the only requirement.

Why there are so many instances where people are saying either they were refused because salary was less or atleast the issue was raised regarding salary by comparing it to previous salary.

Can anyone comment on this?

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:12 pm

congratulation

PK001

Post by PK001 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:00 pm

imran22 wrote:Congratulations.

There seems to be a lot of confusion amongst home office staff about whether you need more or at least equal salary when one has last renewed the Tier-1.

Is there any official home office guideline which clearly says you just need to qualify again e.g. score 75 points and that is the only requirement.

Why there are so many instances where people are saying either they were refused because salary was less or atleast the issue was raised regarding salary by comparing it to previous salary.

Can anyone comment on this?
Excerpt from Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules â€

vijay13
Newly Registered

Post by vijay13 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Also can we claim from any 15 months prior to application, so if I claim from June2010-May2011 will it be ok or it has to be from July 2010-June2011 as i earned £1000 more in June 2010 but both are on same BAND…
My appointment is this week so please suggest what should I do??

Senior Members please help...

Angela Jiang

Post by Angela Jiang » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Congrats!

my question is do all your statements come from the same bank and same account?

my problems, i receive pay checks from employer, and one of the 12 month, i put the check in the same bank but different account, would they have problems?

do they always ask for 12 month statements? can 6 months do any good?

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks guys,

Also can we claim from any 15 months prior to application, so if I claim from June2010-May2011 will it be ok or it has to be from July 2010-June2011 as i earned £1000 more in June 2010 but both are on same BAND…
I think as long as it comes within 15 months and more than last claimed amount should be fine. Obviously claimed point should be more than the minimum qualifying points.
my question is do all your statements come from the same bank and same account?
All personal bank statements from one account and Business bank statement from another account. But I use same bank for both.
my problems, i receive pay checks from employer, and one of the 12 month, i put the check in the same bank but different account, would they have problems?
Should be fine as long as you got proper statements and salary proof. Not sure if you can have more than one current account.
do they always ask for 12 month statements? can 6 months do any good?
As long as you qualify based on points, number of months should not matter. In my case I submitted 12 but she considered only 11.

Hope this helps.