ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHILD ILR OR STRAIGHT BRITISH CITIZENSHIP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mittal_siddharth
Newly Registered

CHILD ILR OR STRAIGHT BRITISH CITIZENSHIP

Post by mittal_siddharth » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:28 pm

My HSMP visa along with my wife and my son (born in UK) is expiring on 14th Oct 2011. I will be applying my ILR 28 days in advance personally visiting the Croydon Office.

I am confused that whether I should apply for my Son's ILR same day or I should send his application for British citizenship afterwards (keeping in mind that his visa is expiring within a month)

Applying for his ILR and then British citizenship is quite expensive.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:41 pm

You don't have to apply for ILR for your son. Get your ILR and your wife ILR now. Once you have your ILR, then get your child registered as British Citizen using form MN-01.

You don't have to pay twice for this....
The question is... to be or not to be....

mfl
Newly Registered

ILR for uk born child

Post by mfl » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:43 pm

I agree with Zahid.

You don,t have to apply ILR for uk born child. Get your ILR and register your child as british citizen using form MN1 under section 1(3).

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:12 am

i agree..........you don't need ilr for ur son.............just register him after you get ilr