ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RETAIN RIGHT OF RESIDENCE AFTER DIVORCE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

buka
Newly Registered

RETAIN RIGHT OF RESIDENCE AFTER DIVORCE

Post by buka » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:45 pm

I applied for retain right of residence but HO returned my documents without any reason.I got married to eea national in 2004 and divorced about two months ago.I have my decree absolute, payslips for both of us for 5yrs, utility bills but HO returned all my documents with no letter giving me any reason.Any help will be much appreciated.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Re: RETAIN RIGHT OF RESIDENCE AFTER DIVORCE

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:47 pm

buka wrote:I applied for retain right of residence but HO returned my documents without any reason.I got married to eea national in 2004 and divorced about two months ago.I have my decree absolute, payslips for both of us for 5yrs, utility bills but HO returned all my documents with no letter giving me any reason.Any help will be much appreciated.

when your current leave expires.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:28 pm

buka wrote:I applied for retain right of residence but HO returned my documents without any reason.I got married to eea national in 2004 and divorced about two months ago.I have my decree absolute, payslips for both of us for 5yrs, utility bills but HO returned all my documents with no letter giving me any reason.
Shouldn't you have acquired permanent residency in 2009? If so then I believe that you do not need to apply for retention as you would be a permanent UK resident in your own right.

So, did you attain and obtain confirmation of your PR in 2009?

Miraiza

Post by Miraiza » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:33 am

buka wrote:I applied for retain right of residence but HO returned my documents without any reason.I got married to eea national in 2004 and divorced about two months ago.I have my decree absolute, payslips for both of us for 5yrs, utility bills but HO returned all my documents with no letter giving me any reason.Any help will be much appreciated.
You need to fill out the EEA4 form and then write a letter with it, explaining that you are applying for a PR using your Right of Retention because you are divorced. Also you have to include the divorce certificate and all other document you are suppose to submit if you are applying using EEA4 except for your Ex passport.

Also you have to show proof that your Ex was excising her/his treaty right up to the date of your Decree Absolute.

Good luck.
Miraiza