ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for Naturalisation certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dublinlad

Re: Hi

Post by dublinlad » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:20 am

kahmed98 wrote:Hi guys any idea for the time line. I send my oath paper on 31st May get in Depart. Justice on 1st june. Your help will be appriciated.
Thanks
According to timeline and information on this forum you should receive your CON next week before 15th July..BUT let IRISH PHAROE predict :P ...best of luck..

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: Hi

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:03 am

dublinlad wrote:
kahmed98 wrote:Hi guys any idea for the time line. I send my oath paper on 31st May get in Depart. Justice on 1st june. Your help will be appriciated.
Thanks
According to timeline and information on this forum you should receive your CON next week before 15th July..BUT let IRISH PHAROE predict :P ...best of luck..
Thanks dublinlad for your trust.

the best one in prediction is Nanette, I just got a touch of his/her crystal ball.

Kahmed98,
according to dgnly and Abdul-w-a time frame , you will have your's before the end of the week of 22nd July.
just inform me as you have it.
good luck
peace on you

kahmed98
Newly Registered

Con

Post by kahmed98 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:23 am

Hi All thanks for your reply i got my CON today 11 July.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: Con

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:18 pm

kahmed98 wrote:Hi All thanks for your reply i got my CON today 11 July.
congrat Kahmed98,
so my prediction is going ok.
peace on you

vs
Newly Registered

What happens after you submit the €950 fee and GNIB card?

Post by vs » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:11 pm

I've just received a letter from INIS saying my citizenship has been approved - YAY! :)

I have to send a fee of €950, 2 passport pictures and my GNIB card. The problem is that I travel a lot.

Do ppl know when I should expect to have my Irish passport as I assume I won't get my GNIB back until then?

What's the process like:
- send the fee etc
- after 6 weeks should get letter for the ceremony
- how long should I wait for the ceremony itself?
- what else happen after the ceremony and how long does it take?

sorry for yet another question - I'm a Brazilian citizen and I dont need visa to visit other EU countries. Do you know if I can travel to EU countries without my GNIB card, while I wait for the whole process to finish?

Appreciate your help! :wink:

Thanks!

dublinlad

CON any updates

Post by dublinlad » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Any updates..anyone got CON this week..
Timeline please..
cheers to all

Irlnew
Newly Registered

Re: CON any updates

Post by Irlnew » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:25 am

Why do they take long to send the CON? What exactly happens at this stage?
dublinlad wrote:Any updates..anyone got CON this week..
Timeline please..
cheers to all

dublinlad

Re: CON any updates

Post by dublinlad » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Any updates..anyone got CON this week..

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:58 am

Nothing yet dublinlad, I sent it on 21st June and tommorrow will be 4 weeks now , I have heard there is a cermony commencing on the 28th July , and people are invited to attend this cermony who got there yellow forms in the first week of July , so I am hoping I may recieve the CoN by next week, if anyone else wants to shed some light ?

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 am

hello HamzaCork..I sent the details on 21st june as well..received acnowledgement on 24th june. no news after..I think average waiting is six weeks..now we finished 4 weeks..and 2 weeks to go. It may get more delayed because of increased number of cert for the 2 ceremonies plus whoever already sent yellow form in. anyway wait and see

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:42 pm

HamzaCork wrote:Nothing yet dublinlad, I sent it on 21st June and tommorrow will be 4 weeks now , I have heard there is a cermony commencing on the 28th July , and people are invited to attend this cermony who got there yellow forms in the first week of July , so I am hoping I may recieve the CoN by next week, if anyone else wants to shed some light ?
hi,
i also sent my yellow form around 23rd june and still waiting for CON.
cheers

jangs
Newly Registered

Post by jangs » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:04 pm

I received my CON today by post. They received all my docs on 21st of June, and I got it in exactly 1 month.
Best of luck to who are waiting

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:13 pm

jangs wrote:I received my CON today by post. They received all my docs on 21st of June, and I got it in exactly 1 month.
Thanks for the update..so I can expect my CON next week.INIS received my documents on 23rd june

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:47 pm

dublinlad wrote:
jangs wrote:I received my CON today by post. They received all my docs on 21st of June, and I got it in exactly 1 month.
Thanks for the update..so I can expect my CON next week.INIS received my documents on 23rd june
Hi guys,

Any update on CON. my yellow form was received by INIS on 23rd june and it is more than a month..i am still waiting for CON...
what's happening in INIS..is INIS busy in encashing drafts:)

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 am

what i think is happening in citizenship section, is that all the staff is drafted to the part of processing of applications, therefore, it takes longer to get CON or acknowledgements for new applications.

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:55 am

Hi All,

Any updates in relation to CoN , it will be 5 weeks tomorrow and no sign of CoN, and there are people who submitted there CoN 's around mid of July and they are getting invited to attend the cermony, in which they will be recieved the CoN :(

Anyone want's to shed some light ?

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:31 am

Hi All,

Just to update you that I have recieved my CoN today, however I am missing my GNIB card , as the only documents they have sent is (CoN , recipt of payment €950 , my Birth Affidavit that I sent when applying for Naturalization)

However there is no GNIB card , is it something to worry about ? or is it just normal ? that the GNIB card is no more valud once I am Irish citizen and the dept does not return back the GNIB card ?

Any advise guys ?

zzz

Post by zzz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 am

HamzaCork wrote:I have recieved my CoN today, however I am missing my GNIB card , as the only documents they have sent is (CoN , recipt of payment €950 , my Birth Affidavit
yes, you will never see your GNIB card again - Irish citizen does not need one.

enjoy your new status now :)

antares725
Newly Registered

Post by antares725 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:00 am

HamzaCork wrote: However there is no GNIB card , is it something to worry about ? or is it just normal ? that the GNIB card is no more valud once I am Irish citizen and the dept does not return back the GNIB card ?

Any advise guys ?
Hi HamzaCork,
As far as I know from previous post on this forum you should not worry about GNIB Card any more, cos you are IRISH CITIZEN now and don't need GNIB Card any more, that's why INIS haven't returned Card to you.

Congrats and good luck to apply for the Passport!!!

biggerjosh

hi

Post by biggerjosh » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 am

hello hamza just wanna ask u did u recive any acknowledgement when u sent the yellow form for me i didnt recive any and i sent the yellow form on last 28 and i havent heard since then

DingDong

Re: hi

Post by DingDong » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:10 am

biggerjosh wrote:hello hamza just wanna ask u did u recive any acknowledgement when u sent the yellow form for me i didnt recive any and i sent the yellow form on last 28 and i havent heard since then
Hi BiggerJosh,

Yes I did recieved an acknowledgement after couple of days (say I sent on the 21st June, so got the acknowledgement on the 23rd June) it just state's that they have recieved the documents , bla bla bla.. the usuall stuff...

dublinlad

coN

Post by dublinlad » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:58 am

I have received my CoN today.
Timeline

Sent all documents - 21st June 2011
Acknowledgement received - 24th June 2011
coN received- 28th July 2011

Best of luck to whoever waiting.
regards

PIKKA

Re: coN

Post by PIKKA » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 pm

HamzaCork wrote:Hi All,
Just to update you that I have recieved my CoN today, however I am missing my GNIB card , as the only documents they have sent is (CoN , recipt of payment €950 , my Birth Affidavit that I sent when applying for Naturalization)
dublinlad wrote:I have received my CoN today.
Timeline
Sent all documents - 21st June 2011
Acknowledgement received - 24th June 2011
coN received- 28th July 2011
Best of luck to whoever waiting.
regards
CONGRATULATIONS to HamzaCork and dublinlad. At last the wait is over.
So they have Printed some extra CONs with 28 and 29 July Ceremony people.

GOOD LUCK to everybody else
PIKKA

biggerjosh

HI

Post by biggerjosh » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Nice to hear that u guys have received ur CON , i sent the yellow form and the docs last 30th since then never heard from them not even a acknowledgement the tracker shows that the inis have received anybody with the same status as mine? just wondering whats going on ............

dublintogalway

Re: HI

Post by dublintogalway » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi Guys,

I have got CON by registered post today. I had sent yellow form on 23rd june to INIS.
Do i need to submit original CON for passport application? or can i send certified copy of it..

cheers