ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying long term residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Irishmigrant
Newly Registered

Applying long term residency

Post by Irishmigrant » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:11 pm

To apply for long term residency, do I have to work? or be self employed? along with years residency here in Ireland.
Also is break in residence is calculated?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:47 pm

to apply for long term residency you have to be working in the state for 5 years, 60 months on work permits, work authorisation, working visa.
if you had permission to remain on any other basis like IBC, married to EU or irish, you do not qualify. Only if you had work permits, work authorisation or working visa.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:45 am

Do they ask any additional docs once you submit the LTR application?
Because, their requirement is Passport Copies, Garda Stamp Copies, GNIB Card. I heard that from some they ask Employer Contract Letter as well.

Is that correct? Is it wise to send the empolyer contract in advance? Or should I wait unless they request it.

realhope

Post by realhope » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:51 pm

alpha_1 wrote:Do they ask any additional docs once you submit the LTR application?
Because, their requirement is Passport Copies, Garda Stamp Copies, GNIB Card. I heard that from some they ask Employer Contract Letter as well.

Is that correct? Is it wise to send the empolyer contract in advance? Or should I wait unless they request it.
hi
i applied for LTR . now waiting for 7 months. i heard they can request add documents if needed. i think better to send what is required, but if you want, they do have an enquiry line on monday/friday.
best of luck
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:27 pm

realhope wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:Do they ask any additional docs once you submit the LTR application?

hi
i applied for LTR . now waiting for 7 months. i heard they can request add documents if needed. i think better to send what is required, but if you want, they do have an enquiry line on monday/friday.
best of luck
7 months is too long to wait for LTR . I guess these days they are processing May 2011 LTR applications.

realhope

Post by realhope » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:36 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
realhope wrote:

hi
best of luck

7 months is too long to wait for LTR . I guess these days they are processing May 2011 LTR applications.
it says on INIS website they are processing late 2010 at momment.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:49 pm

realhope wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
realhope wrote:

hi
best of luck
I applied in June 2011 for LTR. Once I recieve the reference letter it says May 2011 is being processed.

But you know what, INIS are rein less horse. Its running in a jungle & no-where to go

:roll:

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:50 pm

realhope wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
realhope wrote:

hi
best of luck

I applied in June 2011 for LTR. Once I recieve the reference letter it says May 2011 is being processed.

But you know what, INIS are rein less horse. Its running in a jungle & no-where to go

realhope

Post by realhope » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:47 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
realhope wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
realhope wrote:
hi
best of luck

maybe for the new application they are done faster. hope for the best. you did what you can. whats ur timeline?

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:03 pm

realhope wrote:
alpha_1 wrote: I applied in June 2011 for LTR. Once I recieve the reference letter it says May 2011 is being processed.

maybe for the new application they are done faster. hope for the best. you did what you can. whats ur timeline?
Applied Naturalization May 2010 - Still Waiting.
Applied LTR June 2011 - Got Reference Letter that says they are processing May 2011.

I guess you can call them and ask why you are waiting for 7 months when now May 2011 is being processed. Keep us posted about ur progress

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:09 pm

when they say they are processing may 2011, that means that they are only opening the file for may 2011 applications and request all additional reports needed, etc. all the prior applications are processing in progress, awaiting for all those requested reports. usually processing takes around 6 months for the newly received applications, however, if there is a problem with receiving of the reports and the reminders have to be issued, that's where the delay starts especially for the older applications.
but it's still better that in the old days, when the waiting time was 2 years.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:07 am

agniukas wrote:when they say they are processing may 2011, that means that they are only opening the file for may 2011 applications and request all additional reports needed, etc. all the prior applications are processing in progress, awaiting for all those requested reports. usually processing takes around 6 months for the newly received applications, however, if there is a problem with receiving of the reports and the reminders have to be issued, that's where the delay starts especially for the older applications.
Yes its better than waiting for 1 or 2 years only for LTR. But if they can process Naturalization in 6 months then LTR should be in half of this time.

realhope

Post by realhope » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:58 am

alpha_1 wrote:
agniukas wrote:when they say they are processing may 2011, that means that they are only opening the file for may 2011 applications and request all additional reports needed, etc. all the prior applications are processing in progress, awaiting for all those requested reports. usually processing takes around 6 months for the newly received applications, however, if there is a problem with receiving of the reports and the reminders have to be issued, that's where the delay starts especially for the older applications.
Yes its better than waiting for 1 or 2 years only for LTR. But if they can process Naturalization in 6 months then LTR should be in half of this time.
as you said(should be) but reality is not the same. what els can we do other than wait?
best of luck

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Do we get any acknowledgement for LTR ?

also i have seen in some posts where boarders have mentioned that if we send the LTR confirmation to the citizenship department there seems to be some quick processing ? Is this true ? or done in practice ?

thanks
*$

realhope

Post by realhope » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:44 am

starbuck wrote:Do we get any acknowledgement for LTR ?

also i have seen in some posts where boarders have mentioned that if we send the LTR confirmation to the citizenship department there seems to be some quick processing ? Is this true ? or done in practice ?

thanks
*$
yes you get acknowledgement by post. i read somewhere that if you have LTR, it may be processed quicker. but LTR takes long. in past 2 years. now it says 6 months. send you application and wait thats my advice

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:04 pm

I got letter of acknowledgment after 2 weeks...it has been 2.5 months..Should I expect a reply soon?